The Official Metal Gear Solid- Portable OPS thread

arachnid-guy said:
So Null is really.....Mr.
[blackout]Jaeger[/blackout]
?

wow.

Who didn't figure that out on their own before the game was released :o

This game is good.

One thing I might get some flack for: I think it controls on par or even better then MGS3.

This game sucks my nuts and I haven't even played it or watched any gameplay videos. I don't even own a PSP!

Muahaha! :p

The recruit system is cool. It's just a real pain in the ass dragging people all the way back to the truck.

I also hate the weapons/item menu. It's horrible and I hate it.

Just call the 'pickup' frequency to have them dragged back automatically. Can't remember if the ally has to be in range or not.

What's bad about the item system?

I still have to wait 9 months for this...

Why do people hate me? :(

How does this game compare to Metal gear Acid? That one did not appeal to me at all. Is this one more like the normal MGS games as far as gameplay?

The clips I have seen look good, but not good enough to make me drop 40 bucks on it yet.

Zenien said:
Just call the 'pickup' frequency to have them dragged back automatically. Can't remember if the ally has to be in range or not.
You have to be like right in front of them in order for the frequency to work, and most of them are stationed around the truck.

What's bad about the item system?
It's just a pain in the ass with the four items only thing. I know it's more realistic and tactical, but I hate having to drop items just so I can pick something up, and then I have to restart a mission because I don't have an item that I need in my inventory.

Shon said:
How does this game compare to Metal gear Acid? That one did not appeal to me at all. Is this one more like the normal MGS games as far as gameplay?
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops mostly brings the console version of Metal Gear Solid onto the Playstation Portable. There are quite a few necessary control changes due to only one analoge stick and the the lack of R2 and L2 buttons on the Playstation Portable. Also you can play as more characters than just Snake. There is no turn-based combat like in Metal Gear Ac!d. Pretty much it is just like playing Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation Portable, it's a very different game than Metal Gear Ac!d, and personally, even though I liked Metal Gear Ac!d, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is a lot better.

My only gripe with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is that it needed more voice acting. The radio sequences and the sequences on where Campbell briefs with you on what you need to do lack voice acting of any sort.

The clips I have seen look good, but not good enough to make me drop 40 bucks on it yet.
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is the best game on the Playstation Portable. Get it! Get it now!

THe third person lock on works so much better then in MGS3.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops mostly brings the console version of Metal Gear Solid onto the Playstation Portable. There are quite a few necessary control changes due to only one analoge stick and the the lack of R2 and L2 buttons on the Playstation Portable. Also you can play as more characters than just Snake. There is no turn-based combat like in Metal Gear Ac!d. Pretty much it is just like playing Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation Portable, it's a very different game than Metal Gear Ac!d, and personally, even though I liked Metal Gear Ac!d, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is a lot better.

My only gripe with Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is that it needed more voice acting. The radio sequences and the sequences on where Campbell briefs with you on what you need to do lack voice acting of any sort.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops is the best game on the Playstation Portable. Get it! Get it now!

Hey thanks man, I will pick it up this weekend :)

just got this game and I must say I love it!!

I had to use the password for Gene though, Recruit 200 soldiers?! That's insane!

I love the replay value of this game.

i wish they would port this to the ps2 like they did liberty city stories... not too many people have a psp as opposed to a ps2, and i know a lot of people that'd pick this up if it were on the console.

i wish they would port this to the ps2 like they did liberty city stories... not too many people have a psp as opposed to a ps2, and i know a lot of people that'd pick this up if it were on the console.

1. Liberty City Stories was a horrible port.

2. Kojima Productions does not do ports or even multiplatform games.

3. It's impossible to port the game. It was specifically designed for the Playstation Portable. The control scheme would have to be worked out again. The recruiting funcions such as the Access Scan and the GPS would be taken out.

4. It would look dumb on the Playstation 2 because of the lack of voice acting of radio and breifing sequences and the cutscenes are drawn, not animated within the game like the other Metal Gear Solid titles.

Konami announces that Metal gear solid p.o. will arrive to Europe next April. As expected, the PAL game will contain some extras:

- New mode: The "Boss Battle" mode allows players to unlock additional characters for recruitment.
- New characters, maps and mission: At least 12 new characters are reported to be coming out. Wait for further details.
- Updated careers: Existing characters will get expanded careers, which will now focus on their key attributes.
- Updated Multiplayer: The game's multiplayer mode will receive two extra maps, bringing total map count to 10.

:cmad:

Konami announces that Metal gear solid p.o. will arrive to Europe next April. As expected, the PAL game will contain some extras:

- New mode: The "Boss Battle" mode allows players to unlock additional characters for recruitment.
- New characters, maps and mission: At least 12 new characters are reported to be coming out. Wait for further details.
- Updated careers: Existing characters will get expanded careers, which will now focus on their key attributes.
- Updated Multiplayer: The game's multiplayer mode will receive two extra maps, bringing total map count to 10.

They always freaking do that dammit :cmad:

12 new characters
Improved Careers
2 New Multiplayer Maps

so for those of us who have it, I have the ability to go online with it...

Now's you chance to get back into my good graces by playing MGSPO MGO and making up for the roaring failure that was my MGS3 Online iniative!

Zenien, do you still play MGS3 online?
Cause I'll have my slim Ps2 in about a week, after I finally move to Vancouver.

I haven't played MGS3 MPO in a while, but I still have the game, we have a spare internet cable I could use to hook it up.

I couldn't play you on MGS3 Zen :(

But this is fantastic news for us brits. 5 months less of a wait and TONS of new extras. When you're so jealous, think on the fact you got to play it almost half a year before us :(

Put it on pre-order yesterday though, yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"