The Official Metroid Thread

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
Nintendo Considering Two Kinds Of Metroid Games. June 13, 2014 . 9:32am

“We’re having discussions internally about what we can do next,” says Nintendo’s Shinya Takahashi.

Relax, Nintendo still loves Metroid. The company is still working on the series, reports Kotaku, who had a chance to speak with Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto and Shinya Takahashi.

“So it has been a while since we released the last one and we’re having discussions internally about what we can do next,” said Takahashi, who is now the general manager of Nintendo’s Software Planning & Development team, which previously reported to Satoru Iwata.

“So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game,” Takahashi continued. “We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we’ll be able to share something about them.”

Takahashi goes on to say that he’s fond of both styles of Metroid, and that they both have a different kind of appeal.

Earlier in the year, Miyamoto stated that Retro Studios, who have been working on a new project since November, are “a very high priority in terms of the potential team that would be considered for working on a Metroid game”.

source:Siliconera

Seems a lot of people are making a lot of that quote, but I'm not seeing it. Seems way too coy for me, but I would like to see more Metroid. I'll just have to be good with Bayonetta for now.

iru5piflncyYK.gif

We need another Metroid Prime for the Wii U. Bad.

Eh, I'm okay with Prime being done. I liked the games, but they had their run. I'm up for someone else's interpretation of the mythos.

Oh, well, yeah, goes without saying :p

But I will say their was good ideas in there gameplay-wise.

Metroid Prime Producer Says A New Game Would Have To Be On Nintendo NX. June 17, 2015 . 1:44pm

Metroid Prime producer Kensuke Tanabe talks about the future of the series.

Much to people’s disappointment, Nintendo didn’t reveal a new Metroid game this year’s E3—excluding Metroid Prime: Federation Force, which is an experimental spin-off—and Eurogamer chatted with Metroid Prime producer Kensuke Tanabe about the future of the series.

“If we started [working on a new Metroid Prime] for Wii U now, it would likely take three years or so. So it would likely now be on Nintendo’s NX console,” he said. “It’s a long time but it would need to include a lot of content, which would take a lot of work on the development side.”

In terms of where he would like to take the story, Tanabe said he had a few ideas.

“The stories of Dark Samus and Phazon are done now,” Tanabe said. He then added that he would like to continue the story of Sylux pursuing Samus, which was a scene depicted at the end of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

“We’ve done a story based on the Hunters, and this time around we’re doing a story on the Galactic Federation,” Tanabe said, referring to Metroid Prime: Federation Force. “I would like to cross the two over in the future. And of course see a little more of Samus.”

Tanabe also said he can’t discuss plans for the Metroid franchise outside Metroid Prime, since he isn’t in charge of the non-Prime games, and so he couldn’t discuss if there were announcements coming on that front.

“I’m the producer of the Metroid Prime series, and [Metroid series co-creator] Yoshio Sakamoto is the one in charge of Metroid itself. I’m not sure when he’s planning on making such an announcement so I can’t speak for him.”

Read more stories about E3 2015 & Metroid Prime Trilogy & Metroid Prime: Federation Force & Nintendo 3DS & Nintendo NX on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

so that certain someone can stop tripping /freaking out

So hope is not lost, it's just it's going to take a while to get here. Hopefully, the reaction (negative or course) from Federation Force will "inspire" Nintendo to do an "actual" Metroid game for NX.

Seriously, if the next Metroid game was a launch title for NX?? Sold. Out. Both console and game.

I'm sure that's been the plan for a while.

He says it'll take at least 3 years to make the game. If NX launches late 2016 or early 2017 that wouldn't be half enough time if they start now. It would have to be development already, which who knows, he may just being coy about it

He says it'll take at least 3 years to make the game. If NX launches late 2016 or early 2017 that wouldn't be half enough time if they start now. It would have to be development already, which who knows, he may just being coy about it

Oh I know, I'm just saying, IF they had gotten a start previously (based on what the guy said that's not the case) and made it to where it was a launch title, the NX would a huge seller right off the bat. If for no other reason that the couple million Metroid fans who would buy a new console on the spot for a TRUE Metroid experience.

If NX would've had both a Metroid and Zelda, yeah, that would've been pretty packed. I don't know if I'd bite or not, though. I've kind of made it a policy not to day one any system, and I definitely plan on getting Zelda U for Wii U regardless of anything. Even if it ran a bit better elsewhere, I would get it on the system it was designed for, and that I bought it mind for, just like I did Twilight Princess. Metroid alone would be pretty tempting. I would make just buy it by itself or something and just wait on the NX itself.

I think Twilight Princess was better on Gamecube anyhow, so I have no qualms picking up Zelda U for Wii U and not NX. As far as Metroid on NX goes I'll believe it when I see it. I'm certainly not buying the NX day one unless it blows my mind.

Yeah, I mean, that's just become my policy in general. I don't buy game systems day one.

I'd be pissed if I bought PS4 day one, as my best friend did, but after this E3 I'm ready to climb aboard and enjoy some great titles. Only reason I bought the Wii U when I did is because I had the extra cash to blow.

i watched the trailer, why is prime federation force getting so much hate?

Because it's not the Metroid people wanted

Since Federation Force isn't out, it's hard to answer the first question, but yes, the main issue people have about it stems from disappointment.

Since Federation Force isn't out, it's hard to answer the first question, but yes, the main issue people have about it stems from disappointment.
well I meant if people didn't like it just from the looks of it

so there isn't inherently anything bad with the one in development, people just wanted something different?
it's some certain wanted a specific metriod the ones I myself run into the most that have been complaining the loudest are the ones the want the simple 2d side scroller saying to them it's the proper metriod.

oh & this was put up last night when I came back

Nintendo Knows You Aren’t Happy About Metroid Prime Federation Fighters

News
on Jul 01, 2015 at 07:35 AM

"There's no sugar coating it," says Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.
... More

source: GI

people become nasty when it's about want these days though.

it's just personal want & if they don't have what they specifically, as in want even if it's (this new thing )aimed at another audience....

Last edited:
well I meant if people didn't like it just from the looks of it

Well, yeah, goes hand-in-hand with what I said: disappointment. Most people wanted a Metroid Prime 4 in the style of Prime 1-3, starring Samus. It probably wouldn't be that big of deal to them had it not been a long time since we'd had a mainline game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"