Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disliked the First Class helmet in the finale so...so much. I want that thing burned and never seen again. Even the cape looked bad too. It's like the outfit was just sloppily thrown together. Here's to Fassbender having a more fitting and elegant costume along the lines of McKellen's.

Not a fan of the comics design, eh? While I agree that the costume did indeed seem mismatched (the McKellen-style robes looked sloppy and didn't fit Fassbender's younger Magneto or the more aggressive looking helmet), I've always hated the old helmet. To me, it always looked fake and plasticky and mismatched with the rest of McKellan's costume (eg. the shades of red not matching).

Not a fan of the comics design, eh? While I agree that the costume did indeed seem mismatched (the McKellen-style robes looked sloppy and didn't fit Fassbender's younger Magneto or the more aggressive looking helmet), I've always hated the old helmet. To me, it always looked fake and plasticky and mismatched with the rest of McKellan's costume (eg. the shades of red not matching).

I think it was perfect for the 60s look. His first suit. If you look back at the comics in the 60s, the original x-men issues, his suit was pretty baggy.

Some designs in First Class were a little wonky. Look how much better DofP is making Beast and Mystique look already. The potential was definitely there with Magneto's costume. I can't wait to see how the new movie tweaks and perfects it.

Just speaking of that moment at the end of First Class, I hope they keep Magneto's theme.

The modern-day cast is the reason why this film is getting a lot of hype in the internet right now. Ditching them for an all new cast or the cast that didn't do much at the box-office compare to the first X-Men movie would be a bad decision.

"the" reason??? No. They are A reason. Its not all about them. There is a long list of contributing factors as to why DOFP is getting "hype in the internet". The original cast is only just a part of that .

I'd think that finally seeing Fassbender as the red helmet wearing Magneto we all know and love for more than 30 seconds is a big part of the internet buzz as well. Teh internetz love the Fassbender.

Hopefully we get a look at the new suit shortly, via Singers twitter.

"the" reason??? No. They are A reason. Its not all about them. There is a long list of contributing factors as to why DOFP is getting "hype in the internet". The original cast is only just a part of that .

Agreed

Its mostly about them, the return of the original cast totally overshadowed the return of the FC cast.

[YT][/YT]
Its mostly about them, the return of the original cast totally overshadowed the return of the FC cast.

The DOFP adaption is what is getting the most hype, it was getting the hype even before casting was known, followed by the hype of having both casts cross over

This whole blah blah bout he original cast is getting kinda boring now, its a very short sighted view

Last edited:
The DOFP adaption is what is getting the most hype, it was getting the hype even before casting was known, followed by the hype of having both casts involved

This whole blah blah bout he original cast is getting kinda boring now

The hype only really started to rise when Singer announced the return of the original cast. This board didn't have much anticipation when we found out that film is gonna be an adaptation of DOFP and title of the film is gonna be X-Men: Days of Future Past.

And if this thing with original cast is getting kinda boring now, why do you keep arguing about it.

The hype only really started to rise when Singer announced the return of the original cast. This board didn't have much anticipation when we found out that film is gonna be an adaptation of DOFP and title of the film is gonna be X-Men: Days of Future Past.

And if this thing with original cast is getting kinda boring now, why do you keep arguing about it.

Because its a very simple minded view of this franchise

You keep stating it like its fact like your hoping if you say it enough it will become fact

As a post said above there is many reasons this film is getting the hype, the original cast are one aspect of that, FC being another, singer directing is another, DOFP adaption and sentinels

Now lets move on

Because its a very simple minded view of this franchise. You keep stating it like its fact like your hoping if you say it enough it will become fact. As a post said above there is many reasons this film is getting the hype, the original cast are one aspect of that, FC being another, singer directing is another, DOFP adaption and sentinels

Well its a fact that DOFP got a lot of hype and buzz when the actors from the original trilogy were announced to comeback. Its not like people here didn't get excited and discuss about it for pages. With just Halle Berry coming back, the excitement for this film went to the roof. Her interview with Jay Leno talking about her return in the X-Men series got more than 500,000 views in YouTube. Then if you witnessed how much anticipation this film got when the other actors were announced to return. You would know that its the one thing that made people really excited about this film.

I know there's also the cast of First Class returning, the Sentinels and Bryan Singer directing the movie that contributed to the hype of the film. But in my opinion, its the return of the original cast that made people really excited about this film.

Well its a fact that DOFP got a lot of hype and buzz when the actors from the original trilogy were announced to comeback. Its not like people here didn't get excited and discuss about it for pages. With just Halle Berry coming back, the excitement for this film went to the roof. Her interview with Jay Leno talking about her return in the X-Men series got more than 500,000 views in YouTube. Then if you witnessed how much anticipation this film got when the other actors were announced to return. You would know that its the one thing that made people really excited about this film.

I know there's also the cast of First Class returning, the Sentinels and Bryan Singer directing the movie that contributed to the hype of the film. But in my opinion, its the return of the original cast that made people really excited about this film.

You said they were the main reason the "internet" was excited. The internet is the fringe as it is the people who actually take the time discuss this stuff. It is probably just as excited about the other stuff. The return of the old cast may be a a big reason why the general audience is intrigued, but it is a different beast from the internet.

These days, whats trending in the internet is also gonna be popular with the casual movie-goers especially when it comes to summer movies like this.

I'd say that the majority of casual movie-goers don't even know that DoFP is getting made, at this point.

Plus, IMO the only OT characters whose return the general public is likely to care about in a big way are Wolverine, Storm, Professor X and Magneto (with the last two likely to make their final appearance). The rest are just minor characters or barely-there characters (Colossus).

Last edited:
I agree with Twayne. It was made to reflect the original suit.

Last edited:
The characters of the OT are still more appealing than the FC cast.

First time posting in this thread, but I gotta disagree on one aspect here. Michael Fassbender was pure amazing as Magneto. Like amazing. Dont get me wrong, Ian Mckellen is a legendary actor and also did Magneto great, but I think for this role Fassbender beat him. So I do find him more appealing I guess is what i'm saying. Your right on the rest of the cast but Hoult was great to until he actually went blue; his costume was horible.

I think it was perfect for the 60s look. His first suit. If you look back at the comics in the 60s, the original x-men issues, his suit was pretty baggy.

Exactly.

First time posting in this thread, but I gotta disagree on one aspect here. Michael Fassbender was pure amazing as Magneto. Like amazing. Dont get me wrong, Ian Mckellen is a legendary actor and also did Magneto great, but I think for this role Fassbender beat him. So I do find him more appealing I guess is what i'm saying. Your right on the rest of the cast but Hoult was great to until he actually went blue; his costume was horible.

Still, the general audience are more familiar with Ian McKellen's portrayal of Magneto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"