Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think magneto could kick wolverines ass

I think there should be a fight scene between 70s Magneto and Wolverine. Especially since in this movie, they look like they are in the same age and a hand to hand fight scene between them could be amazing!

TBH, I think hand-to-hand combat would look ridiculous. Hugh is 6'2" and over 200 lbs. Fassbender is a very reedy 5'10", probably less than 150 lbs.

James McAvoy/Michael Fassbender also had a hand to hand combat in First Class and that didn't look ridiculous. But whatever, I want to see a fight scene between Magneto and Wolverine.

James McAvoy/Michael Fassbender also had a hand to hand combat in First Class and that didn't look ridiculous.

Because they're about the same weight, if not the same height? I know people who've met both of those guys in real life. They're VERY boyishly-built.

I don't mind about their weight or height. Wolverine/Magneto are the two of the most bad-ass characters of this movie franchise. If there's someone that should have a fight scene with Magneto in DOFP, I feel like it should be Wolverine.

70s Wolverine with bone claws would have a chance I suppose. Future Wolverine with metal skeleton would get wiped out in a few seconds.

Yep. If Wolverine has his bone claws and Magneto doesn't have all that much metal around, Mags is in trouble.

If Wolvie has his metal though, he wouldn't be able to finish saying "bub" before he was down.

Purely based on skill though, Wolverine would waste Mags in hand to hand. Comic Wolvie fought in multiple wars and trained in Japan before he even got to Weapon X. Movie Wolvie has at least fought in multiple wars. Both incarnations have been killers long before Magneto was even born. So if you could somehow put them on equal footing and had them go against each other, solely based on skill, Wolverine would win.

On an unrelated note-does anybody hope we get to see a scene between McKellen and Fassbender?

James McAvoy/Michael Fassbender also had a hand to hand combat in First Class and that didn't look ridiculous.

Yeah but that fight was supposed to be between mismatched opponents. We weren't supposed to believe that Charles was just as badass at combat as Erik.

On an unrelated note-does anybody hope we get to see a scene between McKellen and Fassbender?

Would be cool but I rather doubt that it will happen.

I disliked the First Class helmet in the finale so...so much. I want that thing burned and never seen again. Even the cape looked bad too. It's like the outfit was just sloppily thrown together. Here's to Fassbender having a more fitting and elegant costume along the lines of McKellen's.

Assasin Creed for Memorial weekend on 2015

Good news for Michael, he's unstopable, keeps getting bigger year after year, congrats to him!

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets nominated for an Oscar either next year or on 2015... its just a matter of time

Last edited:
is a great actor. anyone know if he is in Montreal?

is a great actor. anyone know if he is in Montreal?
A user on IMDB says he saw him at the Montreal airport last week.

"I must confess I didn't recognize him, it was some other girls who were at the same restaurant as me who were freaking out and said "There is a movie star outside!" So of course I looked out and see a guy with reddish hair and immediately am thinking JAMES but then someone said it was Michael. I didn't notice sideburns but he definitely was not clean shaven.

It was at a place called Olive et Gourmando which is a very well-known breakfast & lunch spot in Old Montreal. There were MANY gorgeous men there that day, lol. You should definitely visit Montreal :)."

A user on IMDB says he saw him at the Montreal airport last week.

really?? :wow:

nothing against this guy, but I hope he doesnt appear on the movie (sorry, dude! :oldrazz:)

Last edited:
You're aware this is the Michael Fassbender thread, right?

wait.... Id swear I thought I was on a topic discussing about this musical actor :huh:

something happened on my computer or something :woot:

Assasin Creed for Memorial weekend on 2015

Good news for Michael, he's unstopable, keeps getting bigger year after year, congrats to him!

I wouldnt be surprised if he gets nominated for an Oscar either next year or on 2015... its just a matter of time

Hopefully this is a sign that he's done with X-Men after DOFP.

You want Fassbender to be done with the X-Men franchise? :huh:

Hopefully this is a sign that he's done with X-Men after DOFP.
images

psylockolussus does not want an FC3 and is always fighting against why there should be

Fassbender is signed on for 3 films anyway

Last edited:
Sorry to burst you bubble, . . . But it ain't happening. FC3 WILL happen.

You don't know that.

Great actor or not, they don't need to drag down the First Class actors after DOFP is released by releasing another First Class movie. It will just limit the series to things that already happened in the past/prequels while they could easily move forward to the future with the original cast and introduce characters that we haven't seen before in a X-Men movie.

I think they should start phasing out the modern cast then. I'd rather some fresh characters.

I think they should start phasing out the modern cast then. I'd rather some fresh characters.

The modern-day cast is the reason why this film is getting a lot of hype in the internet right now. Ditching them for an all new cast or the cast that didn't do much at the box-office compare to the first X-Men movie would be a bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"