Days of Future Past The official Michael Fassbender / Magneto thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mystique is off on her own mission i think, i don't think we will be seeing her attached to magneto through out or if at all

More than likely, Magneto's learned about the stuff with the future, and since we know that what they need to stop is Mystique assassinating someone, he's trying to catch her before she can accomplish it.

More than likely, Magneto's learned about the stuff with the future, and since we know that what they need to stop is Mystique assassinating someone, he's trying to catch her before she can accomplish it.

Do we know this for a fact?

Fassbender was definitely the highlight of FC so I'm hoping he gets his due in this. I want some sweet Magneto action. Tossing cars into sentinals, deflecting bullets back at people, etc.
I think it will still be Fassbender and McAvoy's movie. Stewart and McKellan are there to help put butts in seats and set the stage for the story.

That sounds extremely suspect.

How? I didn't make it up, and ask anyone who's known me on here since X3 and they'll tell you I don't make crap up for the sake of it. I saw it, but with how much goes on with this board sometimes, it's hard to find it again. And the fact that it's an assassination that's at the core of the original story, it's likely the same case in the movie anyway.

And I'm not the only one who saw it:

It's been confirmed she is the cause. An article from Singer had a quote where he mentioned that they send Wolvie back to stop Mystique from assassinating a political figure.

It's not suspect - its true. It was a quick little blurb from a larger article from Singer following his Twitter session.

He does mention that Mystique is the cause of the bleak future when she assassinates a political figure and that's what they have to stop.

It's Nixon, it has to be Nixon. You can't put Nixon in this movie and have it NOT be Nixon, it just isn't done.

How? I didn't make it up, and ask anyone who's known me on here since X3 and they'll tell you I don't make crap up for the sake of it. I saw it, but with how much goes on with this board sometimes, it's hard to find it again. And the fact that it's an assassination that's at the core of the original story, it's likely the same case in the movie anyway.
It's not you I'm questioning (I recognize you from the boards and you've always seemed on the level to me). I'm just questioning the validity of such a plot point.

I guess that's what confuses me then. If it's an assassination of Nixon, what kind of timeline are we dealing with? OT is a timeline where Nixon was already assassinated? Or something changes in the past?

It can't be Nixon - that's way too big of a political figure. It's probably some other senator or maybe Bolivar Trask himself.

More that likely Trask. The viral stuff and the blurb from the coda in The Wolverine made it sound like he's not alive anymore as the commercial Logan saw said something like "continuing Trask's legacy" or something similar.

I really am hoping Fassbender and McAvoy are the centerpieces of this film as they were in First Class. While it doesn't seem like it from the trailer, the evolving relationship between the two is the most interesting thing by far in the non-Wolverine X-Men films, and with Fassbender a possible Oscar winner this March, his performance as Magneto may be critical for the film's success.

It can't be Nixon - that's way too big of a political figure. It's probably some other senator or maybe Bolivar Trask himself.
The bigger the political figure, the bigger the fallout. Also, there was that shot of the secret underground bunker with a hatch located in the Oval Office.

tumblr_mvk236i7Uw1rpoznho1_500.jpg

But to say he's a possible Oscar winner is a bit of a stretch, because Fassbender himself gave an interview saying he wouldn't campaign for awards this year. Who knows.

He did great in that movie, he might get nominated for best supporting actor. I saw the movie a few days ago.

But to say he's a possible Oscar winner is a bit of a stretch, because Fassbender himself gave an interview saying he wouldn't campaign for awards this year. Who knows.

It's very possible, going from the early predictions. Even if he doesn't campaign.

It's certainly better than the one at the end of FIRST CLASS.

I like how the armor forms an "M".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"