The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he's actually playing the other General Zod? :wow:

generalzodrussian21.png

Well the press specifically mentioned Zod being from Kryton right?

Shannon talks bout Zod, he did a screentest with Henry Cavil :)

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fx8MPa3fECA[/YT]

What if Zod in this movie is also like Manchester Black of the Elite? Instead of just wanting to rule the world, he wants to bring peace by force, killing bad guys and all, the opposite of Superman.

He thinks humans are insects that need guidance by force and not nurturing like Superman does.

What if Zod in this movie is also like Manchester Black of the Elite? Instead of just wanting to rule the world, he wants to bring peace by force, killing bad guys and all, the opposite of Superman.

He thinks humans are insects that need guidance by force and not nurturing like Superman does.

That would be an added layer against Superman's wholesome values.

You know they're going to try and save Darkseid for the JL flick. But we'll see.
If so, i'd hint at him somehow in MOS. They don't have to show him of course, just little hints that something is out there even worse than Zod.

Oooops, nevermind. I forgot that this superman won't even be in JL. :doh:

[YT]QVoT-U6Hgu8[/YT]
I'll be honest, thats the first i've seen of his work. Very intense.
I love his voice as well. It's very deep, commanding.

Last edited:
Why is Zod not affected by Kryptonite? He's a Kryptonian!
It's like the weapon Ursa used in the comics. In the comics Ursa uses a Kryptonite blade all the time. She says although it is painful it also makes her stronger (meaning able to take the pain). Zod uses it as well.

Maybe the most genuine, non-ass-kissy statements from an actor who just got hired for what could be the biggest film of his career.

I'm never on the Superman boards, so maybe somebody has already made this point- but didn't Zack Snyder flat-out say that Zod wouldn't be in the movie?

I'm not doubting that Zod's in the movie anymore, but it wouldn't surprise me if Snyder told a bold-faced lie to the fans..

[YT]QVoT-U6Hgu8[/YT]

:wow::wow::wow: Wow.... This explains why my Dad has been trying to get me to watch this show. Insane! Next time I go over there I'm watching his DVR'd eps! Then I'm telling him who was just cast as Zod.... Just got off the phone with my Dad and he's like, "OH man, he's Zod?! He's going to be Good. That guy's crazy!" Hahaha!

I don't think this guy is even acting! He's going to Make every Zod before him look like pacifists holy rollers. :wow: Check out this screen test:

Iceman

Last edited:
I know alot of people are seemingly sick of Zod for a variety of reasons & even though Zack Snyder said the villian wasn't Zod.. I'm kinda happy it is, I have alot of time for the Zod character.

There have been many variations of how Zod comes across on screen/on-paper, my personal preference is more or less a Kryptonian 'Hitler', which is the version I hope to see in MoS.

Casting wise, Michael Shannon is a fantastic actor & he has one of those faces that just screams - villian. I've seen him in a few things & I'm quite content Snyder's got someone who can be devious, manipulative & at the same time ruthless.

Certainly has big shoes to fill because the previous 2 Zod's Terrance Stamp & Callum Blue have done the character proud.

Decent interview, he seems pretty engaged in it.

I think Shannon will be great.

The thing that makes me think he is full of win,is that he has this really serious and intimidating look on his face. Perfect for Zod.

Terrance Stamp and Callum Blue had it.

Its like a really psychotic edge to their expressions,that if you dont join there and then,you are dead.

And Zod always has this delusional sense that everything must and will fall at his feet. Shannon could portray that really well.

he is a pretty good actor and i dont see how zod being in the movie means he is the main villain or anything, if its an origin story, why is it that zod can't be in it? at least he has to be introduced on krypton or something even if he isnt the main villain, or only appears for a few minutes in the movie....

he is a pretty good actor and i dont see how zod being in the movie means he is the main villain or anything, if its an origin story, why is it that zod can't be in it? at least he has to be introduced on krypton or something even if he isnt the main villain, or only appears for a few minutes in the movie....

True. Just imagine: maybe they can have him, Ursa and Non being on trial. The Kryptonian Elders are voting to send them to the Phantom Zone. But the vote must be unanimous so they need Jor-El's vote. Zod tries to convince Jor but he votes 'guilty' anyways. Zod threatens Jor-El with a terrible revenge we're to see in the sequel.

It sounds great to me.

:awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back