The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 4

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by Thread Manager, Jun 5, 2013.

1. sup101

sup101 Well-Known Member

Shannon about 6'4.

2. vanson

vanson Well-Known Member

[YT]vZdQlNmj9kM[/YT]

haha he´s such a troll

3. sef

sef Well-Known Member

4. vanson

vanson Well-Known Member

loool :D .. someone was in a good mood i guess

5. DMC40

DMC40 Well-Known Member

LMAO just love this guy.

6. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

7. jb007

jb007 Well-Known Member

Shannon is 6' 3". Crow is 5' 11". Cavill is 6' 1". Hope this helps

8. DMC40

DMC40 Well-Known Member

Nice ass shot lol good to see the cast having fun.

9. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Damn Shannon was intense as Zod, he added more to it than just being a cold hearted villain General like Terrence Stamp's portrayal. He was so committed to ensuring the survival of Krypton bloodline that he did everything within his power to ensure it's resurrection at any cost. I love that he and Jor-El were old friends that became enemies and his admiration for him was in play even when he fought against Kal-El. Boy was that final showdown was heavy and the climax was emotional as Kal-El had to do something that goes against his character by killing [blackout]Zod[/blackout]. When he screamed out in rage of what he done in order to protect humanity, It was good Lois was their to console him as he was broken.

10. godisawesome

godisawesome Well-Known Member

I loved his line near the end:

"My soul...That's what you've taken from me."

Shannon made it very clear that Zod had lost everything and wasn't quite right at the moment.

11. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I love Zod's theme and the battle between him and Kal-El very reminiscent to Zod vs. Jor-El on Krypton at the beginning of the film.

12. bullets

bullets bang bang

Shannon did a great job. Some reviewers thought he should of been more hammy , but I disagree. He played it straightforward and was very effective.

13. Andreth

Andreth Well-Known Member

:funny:

14. MarvelU

MarvelU Well-Known Member

General Zod was awesome in this movie. One of my favorite superhero villians. The rage and determination he showed was great to watch.

15. terry78

terry78 I'm gonna need more rope

Zod was determined, which was his flaw. He did have a justifiable reason for wanting his people back but saw Earth as too much trouble to coexist with, as well as being beneath Krypton.

16. DMC40

DMC40 Well-Known Member

I have a question did Zod seem like he was trying to get
    Superman to kill him. I mean Supes took away his meaning and purpose. So was it I know I'm dead but I will hurt as many people as I can before you kill me.

17. Blake II

Blake II Well-Known Member

He did a spectacular job at playing Zod.

I just wish he didn't die.

18. godisawesome

He was in full on death seeker mode at least when they got in the headlock, and probably before that as well. He definitely wanted some amount of revenge, but he spent some time showing off his flying ability, so I think he was trying to prove to himself that he was the better warrior if nothing else. And while he clearly doesn't care about humans, I think he was intentionally controlling his heat vision towards the humans because he understood that would manipulate Kal-El towards killing him better than simply immolating them.

19. Midnight Black

Midnight Black Defender of the Universe

The more I think of it the more I feel that Zod wanted Supes to end him in a way. The reason being Zod was born to do what did in a sense. His whole being was to protect Krypton and serve as its warrior. That was taken from him. So if he truly was a product of the artificial predestined fabrication of Krypton then he basically had no choice, but to become what he was. I think power also corrupted him, obviously.

But yeah Supes had to do what he did to truly end Zod's pain and the pain he would have caused to others. Then again if I was on a ship with Faora we would have been repopulating Krypton every day lol.

Seriously though, the man could have killed that family if he really wanted to, in my mind.

Those warriors gave Supes the business though. I just wished they would have shown Supes getting owned just a bit more since those Kryptonian warriors were trained fighters. Zod still got the best of Supes though IMO up until the end.

20. DMC40

DMC40 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info so it seems like he went wacko but also sort of wanted to die.

21. DMC40

DMC40 Well-Known Member

You naughty boy you lol.

I thought it was Faora and Nam-Ek that did the most damage to Supes?

22. godisawesome

Zod was the only one to fight Supes mano-y-Mano for quite some time, and he did manage to stun Supes long enough to show off his flight ability. And that body slam from the satellite could have been on top of Supes, so that was the closest fight he had.

23. Midnight Black

Midnight Black Defender of the Universe

What? Did I say something nasty lol? You guys were thinking it too. Faora could give me the super treatment any day lol.

Yeah they did a lot of damage, but it took both of them really. I think the Zod fight was pretty cool. There were parts were CG looked strange because of the way they had Zod position (the crouching and walking towards Supes).

Other than that I really was hoping to see Zod have Superman at his feet and in pain more. However, I'm glad with what I got.

24. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I guess I am half and half on if Zod was looking for "suicide by Superman". He was a rabid dog at the end that was looking at the extinction of his race so I think it's possible he was looking for a warfiors death in battle. On the other hand maybe he was just an uncontrollable mass of rage at that point and there was no more to his agenda but burning the world in the fire of his emotional emptyness?

25. The Guard

The Guard Well-Known Member

What's there to be said about Shannon? He's perfect in the role. He's got some incredibly wonderful subtle moments during his confrontation/battle with Jor-El.

But what I love most about the character Zod, and it was really handled in a fairly subtle way...yes, the guy's not totally evil, which we're told and shown pretty clearly. But more to the point, he was genetically BRED to be loyal to his planet and his people. He doesn't really necessarily have the ability to choose his destiny like Superman does. He may not even be able to. And it leads him to do terrible things, including to his former ally. It kind of makes Jor-El and Lara's decision that much more powerful. That's a really cool concept.

I'm pretty Zod, aside from being incredibly angry and violent, was baiting Superman to kill him at the end there.