The Official Costume Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a quick manip of Jim Lee's Superman redesign without the high collar.
jl_cv12.jpg

Soo.... Are all of you guys just going to ignore that he still has trunks??

Personally the changes in the suit are needed.

Every other character's had a suit redesign over the years so it's a bit annoying to see that Supes is still stuck with essentially the same design.

Besides the arrow junk for Supes, it seems to be what Jim Lee's gone for, so let's see what happens long term.

They still mind panzy out like Marvel and revert to normal after a year.

In regards to Batman's suit, the rubber one was alright for the time, but wouldn't hold a candle in the modern world. Whilst a lot of people moaned about the suit in TDK, it seemed like a logical progression for the suit.

finalsuit.jpg

Besides the visible cameltoe, this is pretty much what Jim Lee's gone for. Can't remember who drew that suit.

I have to say, in most of these suit redesign drawings, they always get Superman's face wrong. Well, not so much wrong as just.. weird looking. But I realize that's not the focus.

I you look over Wonder woman's forearm, you can see a part of the belt that isn't lighted by GL's green glow, and it's red.

There's also a hint of red piping where his hands meet the cuffs....

There's also a hint of red piping where his hands meet the cuffs....

I know, I put it in my render too.
I didn't take into account the blue trunks for now, because it's too hard to confirm it with this picture. For all we know, Jim Lee only put a fold on the left side and we can't see the right one.

I have to say, in most of these suit redesign drawings, they always get Superman's face wrong. Well, not so much wrong as just.. weird looking. But I realize that's not the focus.

People don't like Shane Davis' work on Earth One, but he nailed Clark's face. A bit pretty boy, but well detailed. Him and Jim Lee in For Tomorrow.

I know, I put it in my render too.
I didn't take into account the blue trunks for now, because it's too hard to confirm it with this picture. For all we know, Jim Lee only put a fold on the left side and we can't see the right one.

:doh:

Seems like who ever did that pic did it to justify fulfilling his supergirl fetish

Warren Beatty Superman and Hooker Supergirl. What a fetish.

You guys are over thinking this way way way too much. Chill out and wait for the first picture where you can see his whole body.

That and the first picture of the suit from the film. Anyone worried about the lack of news from this film?

finalsuit.jpg

Besides the visible cameltoe, this is pretty much what Jim Lee's gone for. Can't remember who drew that suit.

I think the artwork is by Zedin who used to work the bluetights.net boards...

That and the first picture of the suit from the film. Anyone worried about the lack of news from this film?

I am but just a lil... The way I ease myself (pause) is I remember that it's not even filming yet so there really shouldn't be too much news yet. Besides that I also remember that Batman IS filming and those fans are getting nothing but location updates.

I think the belt is still yellow, not red.

I didn't know that the color of the belt was up for debate, however now that I look at it, I think it IS a red belt. It might look yello on his side however I think it is only because the light GL is giving off. Even look at the color of the RED cape next to GL, it looks like the same yellow. and plus if you look next to WW bicep, you see the belt unaffected by GL's glow. Looks red

Soo.... Are all of you guys just going to ignore that he still has trunks??

Damn - beat me to it. Do you reckon everyone was just to shy to say they have been analysing Superman's crotch?

There are definitely lines indicating trunks, but they could be design elements to the suit as opposed to actual trunks.

Has anyone seen the twitter sketches that were mentioned on the Manip thread?

I you look over Wonder woman's forearm, you can see a part of the belt that isn't lighted by GL's green glow, and it's red.

I agree. What do you reckon - Jim Lee is playing with us (?) making it look like he's all blue.

Green & red together usually equals brown though......

The blue trunks are the dumbest part of the redesign.

superman_henry_cavill_by_rapha_leite-d39vrsr.jpg

So whoever did this has a time machine huh... :dry: Just put the trunk lines in and there you have it.

this has been posted multiple times in here but I never cared for it. Besides it looking off as a suit, he looks puggy. I never liked the original pic of Routh bc of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"