The Official Mitt Romney Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having worked on numerous military bases as a vendor, I will strongly attest to the troops being severely underpaid. Romney wants to put a few more billion into the defense budget? Put it in the pockets of the troops! Put it into their benefits! Hell, maintain the equipment we already have before you build new stuff!

^. This! Buddy of mine was a door gunner and the armor had been removed. The brass refused to replace it so he had to buy new armor with his own pocket money. Cost $1200! Its ****ing ridiculous. They expected him to go out into combat with no armor. Our troops are underpaid, lack supplies, and what they do have is broken down rigged stuff that doesnt work half the time.

First off, it won't reduce the costs. Healthcare costs haven't been reduced because adding people that are expensive to take care of, increase costs. The insurance companies have to make money so they pass on the costs to everyone. The individual mandate is also sort of dumb because it is cheaper to take the penalty than to pay for something you may never use...I think it's $750. I pay $65, single male healthy, every check. That is $1690 a year. I save about $1000 if I don't follow Obamacare. My premiums in 2010 btw, were $39. The only reason I have it is because I'm not a fool 20 something that thinks I am indestructible.

Now, I am all for outlawing pre existing condition discrimination. It's wrong to just let people die. But, it's also dumb to prolong life if it costs a lot to a point. It's why Europe and Canada don't allow all medicines and procedures for everyone...they would go bankrupt. It's why Obamacare has a panel of cost cutters. Sarah Palin called it a death panel to be inflammatory but it's technically true. If your 90 year old cancer ridden grandma just broke her hip, she's likely not going to get a hip replacement.

Now, I am also for forcing insurance companies to spend 50+% of your own money you pay for your own healthcare.

Did Obamacare need to be 2000+ pages for that?

To reduce healthcare costs a few things need to happen: tort reform, interstate competition, increase costs for over weight individuals and decrease costs for healthy individuals (no smoker/healthy/wellness benefit), change our drug laws that allow one corporation the market share and higher prices (remember how much ***** pills were 10 years ago), stop allowing drug companies to advertise, fine doctors that prescribe name brand instead of generic if one is available or allow the Pharmacist to give the patient the option for generic if available, have more government subsidized free clinics for illegal immigrants and those who have no health insurance (hospitals should not be providing preventative care for illegal immigrants or people with no health insurance), and lastly...increase health education awareness.

What I don't get about these "death panels" is how are they new? Everyone has them. Any insurance has a number they won't go over to keep you alive. Every hospital will decide if you should have a new heart vs. someone else. We all live under death panels, always have and always will.

Ok quick question.

Is it possible that while Romney is a ****** candidate and flip flops that when he gets in office he may be a good president? Is that even remotely possible?

Ok quick question.

Is it possible that while Romney is a ****** candidate and flip flops that when he gets in office he may be a good president? Is that even remotely possible?
maybe the dems can control the house and Senate and say no to all of his plans and announce early on that they are doing that with the full intention to ruin him and make him a one term president

Ok quick question.

Who knows???

Obama flip flopped on a lot of things (war, drone strikes, taxes, Gitmo, transparency, deficit reduction) just to name a few off the top of my head.

The only thing I can likely guarantee...he will be more of a middle of the road Republican than you all expect. He isn't this hardcore Bible red meat Republican. Dude is from Mass. He will be more of a RINO IMO.

maybe the dems can control the house and Senate and say no to all of his plans and announce early on that they are doing that with the full intention to ruin him and make him a one term president

You forget who voted in the Republicans to Congress in 2010 and why and also why the Senate lead by the Democrats was narrowed.

You forget who voted in the Republicans to Congress in 2010 and why and also why the Senate lead by the Democrats was narrowed.

Because 38% of the voting public(down by 19% from 2008) decided to vote? I am guessing we get a voter turnout of 51-52%(which will be down 5-6% from 2008)

I know this for sure. Romney = War with Iran.

Which is a no-no.

And he supports Patriot Act and NDAA.

3 strikes dude...

That's my biggest fear, Romney has 17 of 24 Bush foreign policy advisers and chances are they will find some stupid excuse to attack Iran(I know Bush was pushing for it since 2006)

Because 38% of the voting public(down by 19% from 2008) decided to vote? I am guessing we get a voter turnout of 51-52%(which will be down 5-6% from 2008)

Midterm elections always have lower numbers. Do you then question why Democrats won congress and the senate in 2006?

Which is a no-no.

And he supports Patriot Act and NDAA.

3 strikes dude...

No one is going to war with Iran. He says that to get the Jewish vote. Obama extended and deepened the Patriot Act. Two sides of the same coin.

Midterm elections always have lower numbers. Do you then question why Democrats won congress and the senate in 2006?

No I really don't question it, chances are the side that has more to pull for(are more upset) will show up in midterms. Democrats lost 2004 so they came out in bigger numbers in 2006. In 2010 it was the opposite. In general the biggest reason why people vote is they hate the other side so much they will do anything to get rid of them.

With my guess of a 51/52% turnout, I am guessing a larger part of that 14% from 2010 will be Democrat then Republican

It's obvious that Bush's unpopularity allowed the Democrats to take over Congress in 2006, just like Obama's allowed the Republicans to take the House in 2010.

It's obvious that Bush's unpopularity allowed the Democrats to take over Congress in 2006, just like Obama's allowed the Republicans to take the House in 2010.

Exactly...midterm elections are pseudo referendums. Republicans were sent in to decrease and end the Democrat's rubber stamp. It wasn't coincidence or turnout differences, it was in reaction to Obama and the Democrats (just like how 2006 was a referendum on Bush and the GOP). Lets also not forget how Democrats voted out moderate and right leaning Democrats...because they wanted more liberal policies (shooting themselves in the foot).

There is nothing about congress I don't severely question and for the most part disapprove strongly of.

Politico is reporting that the Romney family, led by Ann and Tagg, had rebelled against the people in charge of the Romney campaign and implored Mitt to push the people who were clearly failing at their jobs to the side. They blamed the people in charge for letting the Obama campaign to paint the image Romney currently has and pushed for the current "Let Mitt be Mitt" strategy.

Well obv. Mitt is clearly more moderate than the guy he campaigned as to get the nomination. People used to say he was a RINO

They blamed the people in charge for letting the Obama campaign to paint the image Romney currently has and pushed for the current "Let Mitt be Mitt" strategy.

They can blame their own campaign for allowing Romney be "severely" conservative for Romney's image.

[YT]DI8PlTtM7DU[/YT]

They can blame their own campaign for allowing Romney be "severely" conservative.

[YT]DI8PlTtM7DU[/YT]
The Romney family does blame them for that. Tagg and Ann in particular are telling the campaign to essentially shut the **** up whenever he makes moderate statements.

The Romney family does blame them for that. Tagg and Ann in particular are telling the campaign to essentially shut the **** up whenever he makes moderate statements.

I am just saying that it was fairly easy for Obama to paint him as a a severely conservative person when Mitt Romney's campaign team was pushing that

I am just saying that it was fairly easy for Obama to paint him as a a severely conservative person when Mitt Romney's campaign team was pushing that
My mistake for misunderstanding you. And you're absolutely right in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"