The Official Musical Theatre Thread II - Part 2

Still probably one of my least favorite musicals I've ever seen.

So saw Once On This Island yesterday. They were having a 2 for 1 sale for being on Broadway for a year. $71 a ticket. It's been years since it's been that low . The cast and music were really good and the effects were quite inventive for being a smaller staged show.

I also forgot to write about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

So we did the Part 1 and 2 shows on the same day. I felt it was going to be a long day. But the story was very compelling and interesting and the crowd was really into it. Both Parts have an intermission and I like how they sold different stuff depending on the show you saw.

We saw Part 1, then went to this great Sushi/Raimen place and then came back and finished the show. Got a picture with the guy who played Ron Weasley after Part 2. The show as really good and I know it's decent money but if you are able to go, I'd highly recommend it especially if you are a Harry Potter fan.

so they just announced out of nowhere yesterday that Kristen Chenoweth is coming here in April for a solo show, and literally minutes later I bought myself a ticket, 5th row! I'm so excited, this is my Christmas present to myself.

This is also a bucket list item I cross off. I've seen Idina twice, and now finally Kristen. I'm super excited.

so they just announced out of nowhere yesterday that Kristen Chenoweth is coming here in April for a solo show, and literally minutes later I bought myself a ticket, 5th row! I'm so excited, this is my Christmas present to myself.

This is also a bucket list item I cross off. I've seen Idina twice, and now finally Kristen. I'm super excited.
Congrats CC! I saw her here a few years ago and she was just as awesome as you'd imagine. You're in for a treat. :up:

Anastasia @ The Kennedy Center. Awesome!
Aida @ Constellation Theater, awesome!
Beetlejuice @ National Theater, awesome! BTW, totally not kid friendly. Not very subtle on the sex jokes, much along the lines of Book of Mormon.

Beetlejuice @ National Theater, awesome! BTW, totally not kid friendly. Not very subtle on the sex jokes, much along the lines of Book of Mormon.
Whoa, that's surprising. Dying to see that one, though, glad you enjoyed it!

Lion King is coming next season. I think it's going on the list!

found some of my pics i took from Beautiful

fWYpfEy.jpg

MOQ7oq7.jpg

ZaU5yov.jpg

lcUhFsY.jpg

jxojGTq.jpg

Just booked my annual trip to NYC! On my list for this year: Dreamgirls, Magic Mike, Beetlejuice, Merrily We Roll Along, Hamilton, Kiss Me Kate, Gary.

So far, I have tickets to the Temptations musical but I want to also see Beetlejuice.

this is what is coming to Richmond for the 2019-2020 season

hgZfQl2.jpg

that's only about 2 hours from me and I've been to that theatre at least twice

this is what is coming to Richmond for the 2019-2020 season

hgZfQl2.jpg

that's only about 2 hours from me and I've been to that theatre at least twice

You better see Hamilton. If more people don't support this show, it might not make it.

Hamilton is supposed to come to my town, so i'm considering saving the money and just splurging on really good seats here. but i would totally see Wicked and maybe Cats. I don't know much of anything about the other shows

I saw King Kong.

That is just about all I have to say about that.

What I saw in NYC at the end of March:

Oklahoma
The Prom
Hamilton
Merrily We Roll Along
Kiss Me Kate
Beetlejuice
The Cher Show

Wish I had swapped Oklahoma with Hadestown in hindsight.

How was Kiss Me Kate & Beetlejuice?

How was Kiss Me Kate & Beetlejuice?

Kiss Me Kate was solid, not spectacular, but if you're a fan of the classic Broadway soprano, go see it.

Beetlejuice is inventively staged, and is definitely a musical designed for the ComiCon crowd. It's a decent retelling of the film but with new elements, but the music is a little underwhelming and the story resolution is weak.

seeing Kristin Chenoweth tonight! Bucket list of seeing Idina and Kristin live is accomplished. sadly i wasnt able to see them perform together

Like Hamilton, I want the entire Friends cast to be black or Puerto Rican.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"