Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
Nova1-FinalCover.jpg

NOVA #1
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by SEAN CHEN
Cover by ADI GRANOV
Exploding from the pages of ANNIHILATION, Nova rockets into his own ongoing series! In the wake of the chaotic Annihilation Wave, a desperate galaxy cries out for law and order. In the past, an army of peacekeeping Centurions delivered stability. But the Nova Corps are dead and gone – now there is only Richard Rider, the man called Nova. But can a lone human police an entire universe? He has near limitless power – now he must do all he can to bring punishment to the wicked, help to the oppressed, and justice for all! Strap in as the acclaimed writing team of Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (ANNIHILATION: NOVA), superstar Sean Chen (SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN) and cover artist Adi Granov (IRON MAN) slam your mind into hyperdrive!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Talking to the Nova team

NOV001002.jpg

NOV001004.jpg

NOV001005.jpg

NOV001006.jpg

NOV001007.jpg

Discuss the greatness that will be: NOVA!

Can't. ****in'. Wait.

Same here. Good to see Marvel decided to kill off all the good New Warriors. Can't wait to see what they do with Marvel's best GL rip off.

Same here. Good to see Marvel decided to kill off all the good New Warriors. Can't wait to see what they do with Marvel's best GL rip off.

That, and Chen's pencils are awesome. :up:

Will be adding this to my pull list.

Definetly. I wish Nova would be part of the restructuring of the New Warriors, but Marvel does need at least one sci-fi book. This book will rock almost as hard as Nova himself..... and I bet Marvel gives it next to no market push too.

Y'know, I was thinking about him participating with the Warriors too. But yeah, I agree on having a book like this. I really liked Annihilation, so I'm def sticking around for more. And Adi's covers should be sweet. I can see this book doing well. :up:

Looks ****in' A, although I detest the helmet. It's a little too medieval in those pics.

i take it this means nova will not return to earth in protest of the civil war/the SHRA by staying offworld they'd have little to nojurisdiction in the matter

When I heard Sean Chen was the artist, I was a bit worried, not a fan, but this art looks great.

So i never followed Nova to much[if at all], but what makes him so interesting to those who do?

This looks like it'll rock, Chen's a good artist I liked his stuff on Wolverine and Iron Man. Hopefully It'll last, but I'll enjoy every issue even if it doesnt.

The art looks great!

Nova's a character who has really grown during ANNIHILATION. Whereas the rest of 616 Marvel is stuck in perpetual tragedy and failure to fuel angst in the name of "realism" (as BrianWilly has made clear, every recent Marvel event has ended in the heroes either failing or UTTERLY failing), ANNIHILATION has been an event with a clearly defined and honest-to-god villian (in fact several), and has seen, yes, a lot of destruction and some deaths of C-Listers (I mean Quasar died fighting Annihilus), but it has also seen that heroic rallying of forces, and characters rising above what they were to triumph. Nova has been chief amung them and I hope Giffen gives him a grand moment in ANNIHILATION #6 like Drax and Ronan have gotten in issues #4 and #5. Nova's grown the hell up, become a man and has acres of cajones in ANNIHILATION, and I hope this new writing team can capture that spirit. The vibrant, violent battle shown in these sketches is a good sign.

Sure, it's a shame that Nova doesn't return to Earth in the wake of CW and Stamford, but he's utterly disgusted with how Earth's heroes have turned on each other and he knows he has a bigger role here. Even if Annihilus and his Wave are defeated, space is a mess. Entire planets and systems have been destroyed and it's like Iraq, a power vaccuum with desperate masses, only millions of miles bigger. Ronan's there to lead the Kree and perhaps Super-Skrull could try to mobilize the scattered Skrulls, but what about everyone else?

Bring on NOVA, I say.

I thought Quasar was Marvel's best GL rip off. :huh: :cwink:

At any rate; Nova seems to finally be entering the big leagues.

I'll support it. :up:

Hmm,I don't have much knowledge about Nova's character,so I can't say whether or not this ongoing will have legs or not.

ANNIHILATION has been an event with a clearly defined and honest-to-god villian (in fact several), and has seen, yes, a lot of destruction and some deaths of C-Listers (I mean Quasar died fighting Annihilus), but it has also seen that heroic rallying of forces, and characters rising above what they were to triumph. Nova has been chief amung them and I hope Giffen gives him a grand moment in ANNIHILATION #6

Bring on NOVA, I say.

I've actually enjoyed Annihilation MORE then Civil War. I can't wait for its conclusion and for this Nova series!

Book sounds cool, I'll pick up a few issues. I think it's funny how in the sketches Nova looks like he has perpetual lactation problems. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"