The Official "Nova" Comic Book Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and there's another quote from DnA or someone saying that after what happens in TI, they can't imagine books for Nova and GotG NOT still being around with all that will be going on.

Singh doesn't appear to agree based on what he says in the panel for "The Next Big Thing". I copied and posted this from newsarama:

A fan asks why Marvel is "even considering" taking the cosmic characters off the table after Thanos Imperative. Singh says "when you see how Thanos Imperative ends, it would be impossible to have [Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy] going on."

"When this ends, you'll see who's left standing," Singh says. "We've advertised this as the end of the Marvel Cosmic Universe as you know it, and that's the truth."

I don't know what it is. I loved his work on Uncanny X-Men back in the 90's and in Amazing Spider-Man when Straczynski first came on... but other than that his stuff just annoys me. It's not really BAD but just not preferable. It is toilet paper to my love for Deodato though :up:

I am glad the space books will continue. Of course, I knew that at least one would; GROOT & ROCKET.

Part of me does wonder if this means some of the characters are dying, or perhaps being trapped in another realm. It is no accident that Groot & Rocket are two members of the Guardians, most of whom are in the Cancerverse. Groot stayed behind at Nowhere (alongside Moondragon and Jack Flag; Major Victory was captured by the enemy), but Rocket went with the "away" team. It may be possible that the duo engage in a search for their comrades, or attempt to fill a slack without them.

Nova may end up returning to Earth again for a spell, as he will pop up in a few I AM AN AVENGER stories.

I am glad the space books will continue. Of course, I knew that at least one would; GROOT & ROCKET.

Part of me does wonder if this means some of the characters are dying, or perhaps being trapped in another realm. It is no accident that Groot & Rocket are two members of the Guardians, most of whom are in the Cancerverse. Groot stayed behind at Nowhere (alongside Moondragon and Jack Flag; Major Victory was captured by the enemy), but Rocket went with the "away" team. It may be possible that the duo engage in a search for their comrades, or attempt to fill a slack without them.

Nova may end up returning to Earth again for a spell, as he will pop up in a few I AM AN AVENGER stories.

And be relegated to also-ran status? That ain't fair.

Hey, Alex Maleev is coming to my neck of the woods. If I do manage to see him, you think it'd be a stretch to ask for a sketch of Nova rather than Daredevil?

No. Why would it? As long as he's willing to do a sketch for you at all, the subject shouldn't matter.

Guess I figured if you do manage to meet an artist you like, you'd get him to sketch a character he's famous for (Jim Lee-Wolverine/Batman, Maleev-Daredevil, Bolland-Batman/Joker etc.)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37460

So the new Nova is confirmed to be Sam Alexander, a teenager who will also be featured in the USM cartoon

Disappointing in a number of ways, first I hate digital comics..and will have no part.

2nd
I really thought the tales of Richard Ryder were unfinished, and I would rather have the new Nova be from someone in that book at the least,(Robbie, Tarcel, Etc..) This really sounds like the old reboot of Nova as a "peter parker" archtype that is such a reoccurring epic fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"