The Official PSN Store Update Thread

so there is no way to switch back to the old PSN store?

oh, how does that work?

also, would any bluetooth wireless keyboard work with the PS3?
I've done that before, it's very cool and it's like a remote control. I can't go off of memory exactly right now but you can pair/sync your phone with your PS3 YouTube app so you can search for and start videos from the phone itself. It should be on the list of options on the YouTube app, then you type in some site or # on your phone and it'll sync up.

I've done that before, it's very cool and it's like a remote control. I can't go off of memory exactly right now but you can pair/sync your phone with your PS3 YouTube app so you can search for and start videos from the phone itself. It should be on the list of options on the YouTube app, then you type in some site or # on your phone and it'll sync up.

thanks. that sounds kind of neat, but I barely use my smartphone, so I doubt I'd use it for that.....lol

i'll just see if if can hook up a keyboard and use that.

And so I guess the 'Recommendation' feature was taken out in the store? I can't find it anywhere. They had just implemented that too. Lame, I kinda liked that feature in sending PS Store links to friends.

I hate this new store!!

the old store seemed so much more organized into categories.

just curious, can you type in searches using a keyboard? I hate the "letter wheel" they use......

WTF has Sony done with the PS Store and what is the monstrosity that has replaced it? :eek:

The new store layout ain't that bad to me,Old one was better But I don't think the new one is a"monstrosity",such an over used&over exaggerated word

It looks good and thats all. Its nowhere near as functional as the old store nor easy to use. Its been weeks and it hasnt improved at all. I dont like going on it at all anymore.

Finally the store is coming to the web! Hopefully its a much better experience than using it on the PS3
After launching a Web browser version of the PlayStation Store in Europe last year, Sony is ready to bring the feature to North America this month. Speaking with CNET, Sony Network Entertainment COO Shawn Layden confirmed that U.S. gamers will be able to view store content and buy it from their browser of choice – “Eventually, the Web store will allow users to buy a game on the browser and have that content automatically downloaded on the PlayStation 3,” the article states.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/playstation-store-coming-to-the-web

Anyone else having problems getting anything they download to install? I've downloaded demos but, when they hit 14% installed, an error message comes up saying the data is corrupt.

Anyone else having problems getting anything they download to install? I've downloaded demos but, when they hit 14% installed, an error message comes up saying the data is corrupt.

I haven't, but it might be that your HD has a corrupt file that is causing other errors. I'd do the PS3 safe mode thing, and let it check for errors, and fix them. Then unplug your modem, and router, wait, and turn them back on just in case. Past that, not really sure.

Safe mode guide http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4545/~/ps3-safe-mode-information.

Yeah, I saw some stuff I'm definitely gonna pick up :D

LBP Karting for 10$ if you have PS+, :up:

Woah! Crazy. Thinking about picking up LBP Karting and Psychonauts. I am a Plus member. I might go for some more. I was planning on getting the Jak and Daxter collection and Ratchet and Clank collection so I wont pick the those.

I could get Jet Set Radio but I prefer Jet Set Radio Future.

So I can buy something on the web, and then it will automatically download the next time I log into my PS3?

So I can buy something on the web, and then it will automatically download the next time I log into my PS3?
No, according to IGN:

"Sadly, the ability to make your PS3 or Vita turn on at home and download the content isn’t an option – yet. Instead, you’ll need to go to the “My Downloads” section of the PlayStation Store when you get to your unit or the Download List under your PS3’s Account Management/Transaction Management."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/web-based-playstation-store-is-live

I'm browsing it right now :D Pretty damn convenient considering how slow it is on console. Awesome :up: :applaud

It appears the recent update for the Youtube app (1.04) finally cured the problem of it randomly locking up/and or crashing my PS3 when playing a video. I've tested all previous versions prior to this and every one of them eventually crapped out. But after a few hours of use, this version has had zero problems.

So I finally checked out the new store last night. And after I-don't-know-how-long, I could never find where disc-based DLC is located. I used to browse that section to add-on to the games I purchased, but it seems it's nowhere to be found now. Does anyone know where (or if) I can download DLC now??

Finally PS Plus gets a worthwile retail addition to the Instant Game collection over here in the US

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...pdate-vanquish-joins-instant-game-collection/

8477655118_15d910db30_z.jpg

Vanquish?! And I almost bought it the other day! Awesome I've been itching to try it!

I hated the demo but people told me the retail game was much better. That wasnt enough to convince me though. Glad I will finally get a chance to play it. Nice timing with Platinum Games next title due out tomorrow

I thought the demo was cool, looking forward to it. But it'll be sitting in my queue for quite some time :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"