The Official PSN Store Update Thread

I wish all the DLC map packs would go on sale :(

Same here. I've yet to purchase a retail game digitally via PSN. If Plus doesn't give it to me, I'll get the disc bc then I can trade it in for a newer title when done

I prefer physical copies with any medium. But some of the PS sales are just too hard to say no too!
Yeah, I've downloaded some games, but only because they're free. But even though I already owned Mass Effect 2, I opted to buy the trilogy pack just because I wanted to get the physical copy of the first game since you can't find that separately. But there's just something about having the game in my hand that feels much better, even though its probably safer and efficient to have the digital copy.

I put $10 in my PSN wallet occasionally. Whether I plan to buy a game or not. That way if something ever hits, I don't have to worry about working the purchase into my spending habits as the monies already in there. I had $70 in my PSN wallet at one point, and went ahead and bout AC 3 that way around black friday last year. I've also downloaded Saint's Row 2 (had a free voucher for it that came with Saint's Row 3, which I had sold after I found out I didnt' like it), and Dead Rising 2 special edition (which was on sale).

Past that, I prefer physical copies as well. I will DL games without retail versions off of PSN with no problems. Most of the time however I like something that can set on my shelf.

I'm guessing Saint's Row was one of those deals that were limited. I just went to have a backup digital copy of it, but now its not free anymore.

I dont think Saints Row the Third was added yet. I think it comes in this week's update or the next.

Just a hint but third party stuff tends to be more limited bc of the deals that Sony makes with the publishers to offer it there. Its the first party titles that tend to stay there for months bc its their own games. Id grab SR3 as soon as it does go up

Last edited:
I'm guessing Saint's Row was one of those deals that were limited. I just went to have a backup digital copy of it, but now its not free anymore.

I don't think it has been free yet, I think its this Tuesday.

PSN Summer Sale

July 2-9:
Call Of Duty Black Ops II (PS3) –
Regular Price: $59.99, Sale Price: $41.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $37.79

The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3) –
Regular Price: $49.99, Sale Price: $29.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99

Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3) –
Regular Price: $19.99, Sale Price: $9.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS Vita/PSP) –
Regular Price: $9.99, Sale Price: $4.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $2.50

Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) –

Mortal Kombat – (PS3) –

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (PS3) –
Regular Price: $19.99, Sale Price: $7.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game (PS3) –
Regular Price: $9.99, Sale Price: $3.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $2.00

Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) –

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3) –
Regular Price: $19.99, Sale Price: $14.99, PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

July 9-16
Fast & Furious Showdown (PS3) –
Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $31.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $23.99

Star Trek (PS3) –
Regular Price: $54.99 Sale Price: $43.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $32.99

Men In Black: Alien Crisis (PS3) –
Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99

The Simpsons Arcade Game (PS3) –
Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89

X-Men (PS3) –
Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89

Hitman Trilogy HD – (PS3) –
Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $15.99

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3) –
Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00

Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PS Vita) –
Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS3) –
Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (PS Vita) –

The Adventures of TinTin: The Game (PS3) –
Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $10.00

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (PS3) –

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (PS3) –

Just Cause 2 (PS3) –
Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.99

Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy (PS3) –
Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $15.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $8.00

Tron Evolution (PS Vita) –
Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) –
Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00

Fight Night Champion – Full Game (PS3) –
Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $11.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $6.00

Some of those a really great. Mortal Kombat, Shadow of the Colossus, and Arkham Asylum for $5, Alice for $4.

Last edited:
I love how Plus gets half off whatever the sale is.

If I had a Vita right now, Id get MK. $5 is an amazing price

what is that X-men title? X-men Destiny?

I love how Plus gets half off whatever the sale is.

If I had a Vita right now, Id get MK. $5 is an amazing price

what is that X-men title? X-men Destiny?

I assume so. It looks like the list Sony sent all the outlets just said "X-men."

And if you are planning to get a Vita at some point, what's the harm is spending $5 now and having MK ready and waiting? ;)

That's what I did with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I signed up with PS. I will get a PS Vita at some point with Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Yeah, I have "purchased" all the free PS+ Vita games, just in case.

Wow, now I'm hurting from not having plus. Oh well I can't really buy anything right now anyways.

I already have the Ratchet Collection but I think I might trade it in to Amazon for ~ $9.23 and just buy the digital version. I was always planning on trading it in when I was done with it, but been too busy to ever play it. This way I can make some money back on it yet still have it in the future. Being older PS2 titles, I dont really care about owning them physical vs digital

Those are some great prices, alot of those games I want the physical versions of but I may not be able to pass up some of those less than 10 sales. Although I will definitely be getting the trilogys/collections in physical form. As good as the prices are.

Yeah, I have "purchased" all the free PS+ Vita games, just in case.

Me too, I plan to get a Vita sometime within a year. Plus helped me nudge me to a decision to do so. Its only a matter of when now. Some of the Vita games look amazing for a handheld.

PS Plus this month

9163495272_c8f3ccb0aa_z.jpg

I JUST got Battlefield 3...and I own Munch's Oddysee....curse my luck! Lol

Jet Grind Radio is nice I guess, I've never played it but loved the heck outta JSRF.

oooh Munch's Oddysee. I almost bought it!
I'm still kicking myself for missing The Line =(

Metal Gear should be fun, same with Jet Set :up:

Just bought Mortal Kombat, Arkham Asylum, and Shadow of the Colossus from the sale. Not too bad for $15. Also added Battlefield 3 to my download list. I have no room for any of these on my system right now., but I'm working on it. Need to get through Deus Ex, Uncharted, and XCOM.

This was also my first time ever using the web store. Wow, that is a much more pleasant experience than navigating through the PS3 menus.

Last edited:
Tons of new sales today. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/23/playstation-store-update-302/

• Blast Factor – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Calling All Cars – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Critter Crunch – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness – PS2 Classic (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Odin Sphere – PS2 Classic (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Everyday Shooter – PS3 Game (now: $0.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Persona 4: Golden – PS3 Game (now: $19.99 original price: $29.99)
  • RockSmith – Various Songs (now: $1.99 original price: $2.99)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona – PS Vita/PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin – PS Vita/PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable – PS Vita/PSP Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES – PS2 Classic (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • Thomas Was Alone: Benjamin’s Flight – PS3/PS Vita Add-On (now: $2.49 original price: $3.49)
  • Tom Clancy’s End War – PS3 Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2– PS3 Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. – PS3 Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 – PS3 Game (now: $14.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas – PS3 Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 – PS3 Game (now: $14.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD – PS3 Game (now: $19.99 original price: $39.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell HD – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $14.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory HD – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $14.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent – PS3 Game (now: $9.99 original price: $19.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow HD – PS3 Game (now: $7.49 original price: $14.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Essentials – PS3/PS Vita/PSP Game (now: $4.99 original price: $7.99)
  • DC Universe: DC Universe Online Fight For The Light – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • DC Universe: DC Universe Online Lightning Strikes – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • DC Universe: DC Universe Online The Battle For Earth – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
  • DC Universe: DC Universe Online The Last Laugh – PS3 Game (now: $4.99 original price: $9.99)
If anyone hasn't played Critter Crunch, yet, Id HIGHLY recommend it. Very fun and beautiful game and its only 99 cents. You cant go wrong with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"