Age of Ultron The Official Quicksilver thread

T"Challa

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who do y'all have in mind to play the speedster? How should his abilities be translated onscreen? Have at it!

quicksilver_tron_marvel.jpg

I personally don't want to see him until we get the Flash. If we get Quicksilver before him, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity. He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet.

I personally don't want to see him until we get the Flash. If we get Quicksilver before him, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity. He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet.

well, thats DC's problem. They've had all the time in the world. But Joss Whedon wants Pietro and Joss Whedon is going to have Pietro..lol

I know that feel. However, I also find it slightly amusing, but mostly in that sad "this shouldn't be happening" sort of way.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Marvel beats Wonder Woman to the silver screen, too.

After the green lantern movie did poorly WB cancelled their plans for Flash. Sucks for flash fans but its their own fault and poor treatment of their characters. I agree that flash has a lot of potential but looks like we're getting quicksilver and Scarlett. Which is just awesome IMO.

Bring on Ben foster and Emily blunt.

T"Challa;25738551 said:
well, thats DC's problem. They've had all the time in the world. But Joss Whedon wants Pietro and Joss Whedon is going to have Pietro..lol

The sad part is that after Avengers, it looks like WB/DC is finally invested into getting their characters right and doing a proper JL film. Based on how MOS looks, they're on the right track. And just when they got on the right track, this happens.

Flash :waa:

T"Challa;25738255 said:
Who do y'all have in mind to play the speedster? How should his abilities be translated onscreen? Have at it!

I'd like to see Quicksilver's abilities appear in a way similar to that of Nightcrawler in X-2, with Pietro appearing to fade in and out of reality and a blue blur replacing a puff of smoke.

That doesn't sound like a cool way to represent superspeed at all.

maybe some first person view shots while he's zooming past stuff..i'd like to see that

My pick for Pietro is Tom Felton. He's got the look, he's got the attitude, he's got the talent. The HP fans he'd attract would just be the cream on top.

I love how Peter David explained why Quicksilver acts like a *****e sometimes in X-Factor.

tumblr_lqg1yg42ga1qbj79io1_500.jpg

I hope we see something like this...

25077189.jpg

(Apologies if the picture is too small. It's the scene from The Ultimates: Grand Theft Auto where Pietro runs so fast he dashes a villain to pieces and no-one thinks he has actually done anything)

So far, the best representation of super speed on film is Dash in 'The Incredibles'. If Quicksilver is shown in a similar fashion I would be very happy. May I also just say, I'm super stoked for he and Wanda being included for the sequel. The Avengers team I grew up with always featured them in leading roles.

BTW, i'm sure this will be the first male MCU hero in spandex..lol. I'd love if his costume were similar to the pic above. His ultimate costume is badass

He'll definitely be wearing leather. Hopefully it's blue at least.

He'll definitely be wearing leather. Hopefully it's blue at least.

Why would he be wearing leather? That is not a material that moves real well and for a speedster that would be a priority.

I know this is an obvious choice, considering his Buffy ties, plus he's getting a little old, but I'd personally like to see James Marsters in the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"