Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather he had a personality similar to Quicksilver.

There are really only three ways to describe Quicksilver's personality: arrogant, humorless, and loyal. Spike had the cockiness and loyalty down pact. QS wouldn't be that sarcastic though. In any case, there could be worse personality models.

There are really only three ways to describe Quicksilver's personality: arrogant, humorless, and loyal. Spike had the cockiness and loyalty down pact. QS wouldn't be that sarcastic though. In any case, there could be worse personality models.

He's also really pretentious. He likes old books and chess and fancy food and classical music and weird art that nobody gets. He wouldn't watch children's movies and soap operas and listen to punk rock and it greasy bar food.

He's also really pretentious. He likes old books and chess and fancy food and classical music and weird art that nobody gets. He wouldn't watch children's movies and soap operas and listen to punk rock and it greasy bar food.

True. Pretentious is a great adjective to describe QS. Probably his defining characteristic.

Is explaining the origin of Wanda's and Pietro's powers in the film even necassary? I don't think so. If people want to know, tell then to go read a freakin comic.

I think it would be necessary to explain where these two people got their powers from in a universe that doesn't have people just running around with unexplained super powers.

I think "born with a genetic mutation" is okay for them to say as long as they don't call them Mutants in that context.

Heck, they don't have to even use that phrasing at all. That assumes that we get their backstory from SHIELD or something. If they explain their backstories themselves, they'll probably just describe themselves as having been "born different from other people." Maybe throw on a line about how the world really is getting stranger, to tie it back to the other films.

That's way too close to mutants. No way Fox would let that slide. They'll be on the phone with their lawyers quicker than Quicksilver *shot*.

Marvel is going to have to explain it. They haven't introduced random super powered humans. And they have the perfect explanation already. Extremis. I literally think the only reason they set that brain slot up is as a plot device to explain future characters with powers like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

I will say that if James Marsters were 25, he would be perfect for Quicksilver. I also agree Pietro and Spike wouldn't get along and aren't ll that similar. Pietro has a huge superiority complex and never degrade himself the way Spike did sometimes.

In Heroes they never used the word "mutant" or "mutation" and yet they managed to explain it all in a realistic way. These people were also just born with powers. Fox didn't come knocking on their door.

That's way too close to mutants. No way Fox would let that slide. They'll be on the phone with their lawyers quicker than Quicksilver *shot*.

It's close to mutants but it also doesn't violate copyright. As long as they don't refer to them as Mutants, as long as they don't use that word, Marvel will be okay.

It's close to mutants but it also doesn't violate trademark. As long as they don't refer to them as Mutants, as long as they don't use that word, Marvel will be okay.

Fixed.

And yes, it could potentially violate that or be seen as passing off.

There's really no reason for them to get as close to the line as legally possible, when there's other possibilities available. That'd be like the annoying sibling holding their hand an inch away going "I'm not touching you!"

So this thread is about a character called Scarlet Witch, not about calling Scarlett a witch? :oldrazz:

Wait Scarlett Johansson is playing Wanda?

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

Why not just say that no one knows where their powers came from even SHIELD. That could work.

Why not just say that no one knows where their powers came from even SHIELD. That could work.

lol. Scratching my head at how much I like this. Not kidding. This would be just fine with me. So simple. :)

So Fury, how can these two do what they do? Stark, we've been looking into that for years, and we still have no clue as to what their deal is. Huh, so she's just a Scarlet Witch and he's uh, Quicksilver, yeah that works.

I don't think we need to know right off the bat, but there should definitely be a legitimate in-universe reason, even if we don't know what it is for most of the film. In fact, they probably won't even know themselves. But there must be an eventual explanation of some sort, at least hinted at. I think they could still be genetically engineered (by a villain?), without being mutants, since "mutant" implies random mutation, while genetic engineering is a deliberate process.

And I kinda hope they aren't tied to SHIELD, or even know about them at first. Depending on how much they use their powers, its entirely possible that SHIELD isn't aware of their existence yet either. This makes them sort of a rogue, unknown element, as well as a sort of everyman, or audience surrogate. Their interactions with the Avengers might stem from them seeing the public footage of the attack on NYC, and realizing they aren't as unique as they thought.

Last edited:
Iron Man 3 already provided the 'what.' They are people with something that catalyzes that special slot in the human brain which gives people powers. That something may not be Extremis in this case, but pretty much anyone on genius level can make that happen, even Ultron.

^ Exactly. That brain slot is their explanation for the twins' powers...and any other human who comes along and develops superpowers they can't explain due to missing rights.

^ A very likely possibility (and one which I'd almost forgotten about; thanks for the reminder).

That could work, maybe AIM or HYDRA is involved in them getting powers.

They will have to explain there powers somehow. If they don't it will be a huge plot hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"