Civil War She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChyLHO7VEAEoakB.jpg

Loved Wanda in this film. I wasn't crazy about the toned down accent and I wanted more interactions between her and Tony for some reason. But 10/10 film.

How old is she supposed to be in the movie ? Think i caught from cap that she's 16 ?

Loved Wanda in this film. I wasn't crazy about the toned down accent and I wanted more interactions between her and Tony for some reason. But 10/10 film.

I thought it was a good balance. It was still clearly there, which is something I want, but it wasn't something I think anyone can make fun of this time around (while it was certainly a source of jokes last time).

Anyway, she was great. Easily my favorite female character this time around. And I haven't been this terrified of Wanda since Avengers Disassembled.

How old is she supposed to be in the movie ? Think i caught from cap that she's 16 ?

I dont think an age was given but he did say she's a kid. To me, I placed her at 22ish in Avengers. Who knows what they are going for here, but I dont think ir really fits the narrative to have her be a teenager.

Every young looking person is a "kid". Rumlow called Falcon a kid in WS. I place Wanda in her mid 20s, close to LO's actual age.

I think that Wanda and Pietro were around 20 years old in AOU. They were orphaned at the age of 10 and were essentially street kids in a failed state. They had just spent a year as Hydra lab rats before they encountered the Avengers.

aside from Spidey, Wanda was a real highlight in the film.

I know it's not likely, but I'd really love to see a Scarlet Witch solo film.

so much to explore with the character and her powers.

aside from Spidey, Wanda was a real highlight in the film.

I know it's not likely, but I'd really love to see a Scarlet Witch solo film.

so much to explore with the character and her powers.

If Dr. Strange gets a sequel, Id love to see her in there. Id be interested in seeing magic explored with her beyond just the TK she has now

If Dr. Strange gets a sequel, Id love to see her in there. Id be interested in seeing magic explored with her beyond just the TK she has now

agreed.

she has the potential to be so much more powerful.

I enjoyed Wanda in this, character development continues. Wont mind seeing more of her in the future.

What character development did she have?

She didn't seem to learn much of anything in this film, she just got tired of being "locked in her room" after she screwed up pretty badly.

Wanda if anything she was another victim of circumstance

She didn't seem to learn much of anything in this film, she just got tired of being "locked in her room" after she screwed up pretty badly.

1. She is a loyal follower of Captain America
2. She is close with Hawkeye.
3. She is falling in love with the Vision.

These things are consistent with who Wanda is in the comics.

Ch9wVHTXEAESekU.jpg

Last edited:
I hope they continue to explore her psychological issues and make her increasingly more tormented. We probably won't see her again until Infinity War, and I hope she isn't shoved to the side in that.

Was Pietro explicitly mentioned at all in this film? It was obviously understood, but I thought there would be a little more direct fallout to his death in terms of her character development.

She went from someone who was ridden with guilt and accepted her house arrest, to a more confident individual at the end because she took up Cap's cause and actively helping him even though it made her a criminal. She also have relationship developed with Vision and other Avengers.

She went from someone who was ridden with guilt and accepted her house arrest, to a more confident individual at the end because she took up Cap's cause and actively helping him even though it made her a criminal. She also have relationship developed with Vision and other Avengers.

Also the whole struggle with people fearing her and how her powers have changed her as a person. Her arc basically came to a peak when she tells Vision, "I can't control their fear, only my own." And yes, her developing relationship with Vision, and how that related to his story arc. :up:

I like the character and I like the actress playing her, but I do not think that she has been a particularly interesting character in the two movies so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back