Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two massive franchises and her smaller projects, yeah I find this rumor highly unlikely.

Yeah, but Copiel isn't drawing the live action version is he?

The UA costume is very solid, but the headband is one of those comics things that not only doesn't make sense in real life, but it doesn't look right in real life. You realize this person has this random piece of plastic on their head... and while it fits in just fine with the comic book world, where such accoutrements are in fashion, when put next to some real life stuff, it's very anachronistic.

Highly unlikely, yes. But she would do a hell of a Witch. She was actually one of my first options, but I didn't mentioned it 'cause she is already on X-Men and so many things... So, after Lawrence, my options right now are Juno Temple and Tania Raymonde.
Also, I'll recover the question:
why would the Maximoffs wear superhero suits in the movie?

The UA costume would be easy to adapt in live-action. Loki has his reindeer helmet, does that serve any practical purpose, no. Wanda's headband is the same way DrCosmic.

I agree that the Uncanny Avengers costume would be the most adaptable. The "Ultimate" look is too miltaristic and too reminiscient of Hawkeye. The look needs to be way more conservative than the classic leotard but still feminine. SW should be sexy without going too overboard.

Spelling errors everywhere!

Defiantly need a look to separate her from Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow ,

Hoping strongly for the UA look, they just redesigned her, so hopefully that was with an eye towards A:AoU
Whedon name dropping Ultimates doesn't fill me with confidence though
Those outfits worked in the just-post-x-men world, but they look so plain and uninteresting now

She wouldn't look anything like Black Widow. :huh:

I think Iowa means the "Ultimate Universe" catsuit look. It would be pretty similar to the Black Widow costume we have now. The costume designers are facing a challenge because the "Ultimate" look and the classic look are opposite ends of the spectrum.

I agree with BoredGuy - the "Ultimates" designs are far more realistic but they're kind of bland.

I kinda wish they would go with the trench-coat look she has in Uncanny Avengers.

I meant I hope they go with the Uncanny Avengers costume and hope they just don't go with yet an other skin tight cat suit , which seems to have become the norm with female characters lately
CatSuit_zps85869d98.jpg

Loki has his reindeer horns and those have no practical functions, so why can't Wanda have her head thing? Also, I will be nice to have another female superhero in the MCU. Right now, we have exactly ONE (BW) and that needs to change.

Loki has his reindeer horns and those have no practical functions, so why can't Wanda have her head thing? Also, I will be nice to have another female superhero in the MCU. Right now, we have exactly ONE (BW) and that needs to change.

Totally different. in the MCU, there is an Asgard. It's a cultural thing that is acceptable. In fiction. Where as in the MCU, there is an Earth, with human beings. It takes place on Earth, so seeing someone with a head thing would be too much (apparently), cause it wouldn't fit. Where as Loki comes from a fictional place who's cultural norm CAN be totally different, and have it be believable. Because MCU or not, Humans are real, where Asgardians are only fictional

Wanda is Romanian, just say the head thingy is a cultural thing, problem solved (I think that was the explanation for it in the comics anyway).

Wanda is Romanian, just say the head thingy is a cultural thing, problem solved (I think that was the explanation for it in the comics anyway).

Or if not Romanian, then say that it's something from Wundagore (if they use that explanation at all for Wanda and Pietro).

And I seriously hope Jennifer Lawrence isn't attached to this. I'd even prefer someone like Eliza Dushku to her (who at least would have more of the look) but honestly would prefer someone completely different and not overused.

Yeah, say it's a culture, doesn't matter if in real life it is or not.

Because misrepresenting actual real life cultures and ethnic groups is not problematic at all.

I'm guessing they will be dressed as civies while they are villains and eventually wearing something more heroic once they are in the Avengers fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"