The Official SPACE GHOST Film Thread

"Iron Man"

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have always thought SG was funny and I loved his CartoonNetwork show, but after reading the 2004 DC Comics reboot of his origin, I have come to realize that he would make a great, live-action serious (as in, NOT FUNNY) Hollywood feature, and I wanted to know if you guys thought the same thing...so if you've read the 2004 comics and you like SG as much as I do, tell me if you think it's a good idea or not, because I would love to see it on the big screen.

P.S. For anybody on here who also has a name on forums.starwars.com, yes, this is Sith I Am, the crazy man who wants to turn SG into a live action feature, and YES (finally), I finished my SG script! And, I think it is supreme! But, sadly, I cannot post it on the internet, but if I achieve my dream of one day being a major Hollywood director, this, (hopefully) will be one of my first and greatest movies!

i read that comic and it was pretty hardcore. i can totally see a sg movie. and while we're on the topic, if you ever get yer script approved, keep me in mind, i would love to direct it.

chris
www.blinky-productions.com

I also thought that the comic was hardcore....which is why I would love to make a film about SG. Now, I took the comic's story, put my own little twist on it, and WALAH!......"SPACE GHOST"

I'm planning on rewriting my SG script in the coming weeks, not only because it's just 40 pages long (I know, not very long), but because I've read over it, and come to a conclusion that I put WAY too much cussing in it....so we'll see how the rewrite goes....and I'll let you know what's going on!

I don't think that his character will ever get out from under the Space Ghost: Coast to Coast image, I mean it would tank simply because people would be going in expecting humor and getting nothing.

its all about how you promote the film. if the trailer look silly, but the movie is serious, then yeah, its gonna tank. but if the trailer is serious and so it the movie, then it might do well. its all about the marketing campaign.

I don't know, I just have this picture in my mind of a really cool looking serious trailer and then the title comes up "SPACE GHOST" and people just start busting out laughing.

Love to see Space Ghost movie but as someone said people may laugh.

Still given a good script and director anythings possible.

Moltar or Brak for villain would be FAB.

Could it be possible to revamp Space Ghost cartoon and bring it back in style?

:marv:

moltar would be good for a villain, but not brak. id rather see zorak or possibly a new original villian.

If they made a movie I'd want to see the big three: Brak, Zorak, and Moltar. Though Moltar would be more easily taken seriously than either Brak or Zorak.

Ok, let me explain what I have in mind for the movie(s):

The "SPACE GHOST" Trilogy
Part 1: Explains how Thaddeus Bach becomes the superhero Space Ghost, villain is Zorak

Part 2: Continuing story of Thaddeus Bach/Space Ghost, villain is Brak

Part 3: Final chapter in franchise, MAJOR battles, villains are Moltar and Space Spectre

That is my plan for my SG trilogy......sound good?

P.S. I will pay a tribute to the SG C2C concept by having plenty of humor, but it will be a serious, action-adventure story

Just as long as you don't have the two teenagers and the monkey.

Well........sorry to disappoint you Iambaytor, but I did write that SG finds Jan, Jace, and Blip about halfway through the movie, and he protects them, but I have no plans for them becoming "little superheroes" as it was in the original cartoon...

But remember, I will be doing a rewrite of the SG script in a few weeks, so I may totally take those 3 characters out.

Ok guys, I have officially started my rewrite of "SPACE GHOST"

I'll let you know when I'm done...

I shouldn´t answer this one, because my answer to every "Should this character have a movie" thread is always the same

Yes..if the vision and the understanding for the character is there.

i still want to express my interest in directing this movie. good luck and let me know when the script is done.

I've decided to go for a more "real" Space Ghost approach, if you know what I mean.....kind of like, he won't be in space a lot....which could be disappointing for some...but we'll see how it goes....I have also decided to switch my villains around....to me Zorak is not a realistic villain....maybe he could be a side-villain...Brak is just a whimp....Moltar is good.....Metallus is good...Space Spectre is good......we'll see. Gimmee some ideas guys....

I'm trying to come up with a story that pleases me....and that I think all of you will like...but it's hard....

Okay..I know what I'll do...in the style of Jone Favreau...you can submit ideas to me in THIS thread about what YOU would LIKE to see in the movie....and I'll develop a story out of all of it. Bring on the ideas....

Live-Action, eh...I think it would be even better if it was animated/CGI, myself.

Iron Man said:
I have always thought SG was funny and I loved his CartoonNetwork show, but after reading the 2004 DC Comics reboot of his origin, I have come to realize that he would make a great, live-action serious (as in, NOT FUNNY) Hollywood feature, and I wanted to know if you guys thought the same thing...so if you've read the 2004 comics and you like SG as much as I do, tell me if you think it's a good idea or not, because I would love to see it on the big screen.

P.S. For anybody on here who also has a name on forums.starwars.com, yes, this is Sith I Am, the crazy man who wants to turn SG into a live action feature, and YES (finally), I finished my SG script! And, I think it is supreme! But, sadly, I cannot post it on the internet, but if I achieve my dream of one day being a major Hollywood director, this, (hopefully) will be one of my first and greatest movies!

a serious Space Ghost movie could work if executed well.

may the Force be with you dude :up:

Okay, my story is ready I think......2 villains...(not saying who)...but I will now begin the script.

Okay guys, now I'm having doubts about this. My brother, and his friend (who knows what a GOOD movie is) both think that a serious Space Ghost movie is a very bad idea. Just last night, my brother said "Space Ghost was designed as a comedian, not as a serious superhero" (which sort of isn't true)and a couple months ago his friend said that "it would probably never leave the C2C image" as Iambaytor said above a couple posts. So, I'm asking you the fans, should I go through with this and make the SG serious movie, should I make it a comedy, or should it not be done at all? I am just too confused.....I am just like Brett Ratner, I want so badly to make a superhero movie that I'll screw it up!

Plus it doesn't help that half the people who read the SG comic books of 2004 hated it, and the other half loved it! That's not a very good fan base. Some people would absolutely despise me for making it, and some would cherish me like George Lucas.

Isildur´s Heir said:
I shouldn´t answer this one, because my answer to every "Should this character have a movie" thread is always the same

Yes..if the vision and the understanding for the character is there.

Well said :up: A Space Ghost movie could be really cool, IF the vision and understanding of the characters is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"