The Official SPACE GHOST Film Thread

I'm not busy at all really...I'm working on SG and another new superhero I just created...one I think would make a great film. I'll tell you about it if you'd like.

Go ahead and PM me with that idea..

CAH

I'm not busy at all really...I'm working on SG and another new superhero I just created...one I think would make a great film. I'll tell you about it if you'd like.

Go ahead and PM me with that idea..

CAH

the PM is sent, and any original idea I luv to hear.

^Ok buddy..I got it and I returned it.

I actually do have a pretty cool new idea, not involving SG though, for my own original superhero. I'll tell you about it soon.

CAH

^Ok buddy..I got it and I returned it.

I actually do have a pretty cool new idea, not involving SG though, for my own original superhero. I'll tell you about it soon.

CAH

Sounds good, whenever youre ready, I know your plate is full.

Yeah, I won't be able to describe anything else except SG for a long time, but I'll eventually get that other idea to you...SG is #1 right now, I'm giving it all I got, and it's turning out great.

CAH

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

Well folks, here's the moment you've all been waiting for...I have some BIG news on the Space Ghost project, and it's the first official synopsis for the film, which I am using for my new treatment (currently being worked on) and my eventual first draft of the screenplay. Now, for the ones who have followed this from the very beginning that I announced I was doing this...thank you for your patience, and yes, I know that a synopsis is not much at all, but at least you will have a good idea of where I am going with this project, and I hope you will let me know hat you think of it, whether your comments be positive or negative. Remember, anything can be changed, so PM me if you have certain suggestions and we'll see what we can do about it. I am trying to make everyone happy here, but we all know that that is impossible...but for what it is worth, here it is:

"In the future, major population growth on Earth has ultimately turned space into a colony full of citizens, and the president of the colony, a greedy man named Temple, has begun to trade all sorts of things with the newly discovered alien races, including slaves. The most dangerous of the trading items, nuclear arms, was kept secret, but as crime rates increased drastically, a team was formed to protect the colony...the Colonial Space Rangers, headed by Marcus Grant. Temple discovered that Grant was trying to stop the nuclear weapons trading, and sent a team to eliminate him, and they did. Grant was replaced by a well trained newcomer named Thaddeus Bach, who quickly began to take over Grant's duties, but then was also set up for death, secretly by Temple. But, when Bach did indeed die along with his family, something very strange happened...Grant and Bach's entities collided into Bach's body, granting him extreme superhuman abilities. Now knowing that Temple was the man who killed them both and armed with advanced space weapons, a special suit, and powerful technology...the 'Space Ghost' will stop at nothing for revenge."

Now that you have read that, please be aware that not everything (in fact a LOT of stuff) is not in there, because it's only secondary things you've heard me talk about...i.e. Bach's brother (still unnamed), he is a big part of the film because he helps Thaddeus...but his part is not big enough to include in the synopsis. Everything, or at least almost everything, you have read in the "Opinion on SG Origin" thread is in the story/in my treatment, and a lot of the stuff I've talked about in this thread made it into the story, along with some very new stuff that no one but me knows about. I REALLY hope you guys like what you've read above and heard so far, and I know that if you stick with me on this project...in a couple of years this baby will be on the big screen! And I know I talk as if I were a big Hollywood guy, but I'm not...yet. I plan on doing a couple of smaller films first to prove to the studios that I am worth something, then I want to do this...my dream project. It's a long process, and there is a long road ahead (at least 6 or 7 years)...but just trust in me...we can make this film happen!

Also, I actually have someone in mind for the role of Thaddeus Bach/Space Ghost, someone ON THE HYPE...I've talked to him about it, he just hasn't responded yet. I'll let you know more on that sometime, but for now...that's all I've got.

Much More To Come! :word:

CAH

Thanks buddy...

...I really appreciate the support.

CAH

OK, let me clear up some stuff. NO...I am NOT a big Hollywood writer/producer/director........YET.

In about 7-10 years, I will be hopefully.

BUT I am just giving you examples of what you'd see and I'm tellnig you what I WANT TO MAKE....as in this Space Ghost movie. It's FAR from seeing the lgiht of day, but it could very well happen. Can't a guy have dreams?!

I am very sorry if I confused you all, but all the stuff I'm tellnig you could very well become a film someday. I have written the official treatment for MY version of SG and that's all. I have the ideas for SG2 and SG3, but they aren't written yet.

I'm going to start my screenplay for it in January, and HOPEFULLY if all comes to plan and I actually someday get to make this picture, we can begin pre-production around 2014...I'm hoping to release it in 2017.

BUT no I am not a big famous guy...so don't worry about this project for a long time. I just thought I'd give some insight. Sorry for the confusion...I didn't mean to talk "as if I were a big Hollywood writer/producer" ShadowBoxing.

CAH
I guess I cannot blame a guy for having goals.:dry:

I guess I cannot blame a guy for having goals.:dry:
Thanks buddy.

I know most of you probably don't trust me, and I don't blame you. But this "project" I'm working on is making progress in a small form every day.

ShadowBoxing, what did you think of the synopsis?

CAH

I was up late one night, couldn't sleep, so I sat at the comp. and an idea hit me about a trailer for SG, so I typed away. Anyway ,when I streamline it I'll post it here.

Awesome...I have a GREAT trailer in mind, but honestly, trailers for the film are WAAAAAAAY far away...we don't even know if I'm even going to make it in Hollywood yet man, but I am working right now on a script that will hopefully be my first film...or maybe my second. It's my script to prove to studios that I have the talent and balls to make a serious film...(which is what SG will be)

BTW, Space Ghost: The Movie is sorta at a halt right now, I haven't stopped with it...I just haven't wrote anything in a while...but I am expecting to have my new draft of the script done by the end of December...

I might be able to post my "dream trailer" sometime, it's the one that would make people hopefully go "HOLY SH:T!!@! That looks F:CKING awesome!"...we'll see, I'm pretty busy.

CAH

Oh i know. I know a trailer is jumping the gun, just was a flash thought.

Wow, is this movie confirmed?
No. It is not...YET.

What we (Peyton Westlake and I) are doing is basically (through PMs) plotting out everything that we want to see in this film, and I am currently working on a new treatment for the film...it's currently ONLY a dream project at this point, but someday (about a decade or so) we really hope to have this film set up at Warner Bros., SO PEOPLE...NO THIS MOVIE ISN'T HAPPENING...YET, NOTHING IS CONCRETE...YET, WE ARE SIMPLY WRITING OUT IDEAS AND TREATMENTS, Etc.

I don't know how much more simple I can pout it, but...you all have to be patient. This is an idea I've had ever since my eyes glanced the original 2004 Space Ghost comic book. About 3/4 of a year ago, I made this thread to see what people thought of it. See, people keep thinking that we're both big Hollywood producers and directors, but we are not. That is simply our dream...and "Space Ghost" is one of our dream projects. And if all works out well in about a decade or so when I get to Hollywood (not sure what Peyton is planning)...I plan on pitching THIS idea to Warner Bros. Pictures (after a couple of smaller films before this, that way I prove myself worthy)...and if they say YES...then folks, THEN we can talk ALL we want to about it...because if they do indeed say YES, then I will make it...one way or another. Peyton and I can hopefully get together someday to write the "final" script, and then I'll direct.

Well, I think I explained everything in there, but I had to clear everything up because too many people were thinking that THIS was actually happening in the next year or so, but in truth, if we ever get the GREENLIGHT on this...it won't be for AT LEAST a decade...I am actually hoping for a production start date around 2017-2018 for about a 2020 release. I know it sounds like a long time, but it'll come fast...but first, before we go any further on this, I have a question...WOULD ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THIS MOVIE??? Because it is pointless for us to continue if you all answer NO.

CAH

Oh i know. I know a trailer is jumping the gun, just was a flash thought.
Oh its fine man. I'd love to hear it...

The thing with the trailer, if we ever actually get to make this film, if that it HAS to be serious and action packed...if not, then people will think it is a giant joke...and that is not what we want.

There was a little trailer I made up in my mind that was just :wow::wow:!! I was so excited after I "watched" the trailer...

CAH

Just thought I would bump this up.

CAH

So...its been awhile...

CAH

I am glad to see you again and definately glad to be back in this thread...feels good.

Well folks, SEMI-UPDATE:

The good news is that I have got my new copy of the SG comic book now, read through it a couple times again, and have come to the conclusion that the story needs to stay the same...so basically everything new that Peyton Westlake and I created for the story (the whole 'Space Colony' thing, etc.) is gone..GONE. I already discussed it with Peyton, he's cool with it...I decided that it was best for the film and I always wanted to stay true to the comic...the only real thing that is different is the ending of the film (which is actually the middle of the comic)...I alterted that myself...and it is so great...I can't express how much I love the ending. In about 25 minutes, you have an epic final battle (for the most part taking place in the rafters of a giant building) and a VERY suprising conclusion followed by "To Be Continued"...I can't wait to make this film someday...:wow: :word:

More Sometime Soon...:cwink:

CAH

Christopher Nolan Doesn’t Rule Out Another Superhero Movie; Warner Bros. Pressed Him to Produce JUSTICE LEAGUE and a BATMAN Reboot
Speaking with Time Out in anticipation of his new film, the wholly original Interstellar, Nolan was asked about his time in the superhero realm and whether he’d consider returning:
“I think I had a great experience with the superhero genre and got to explore a lot of things, but it was a good decade of my life and I find it hard to imagine returning to it. But never say never.”

Transmissions From the Ghost Planet: A definitive history of Space Ghost Coast to Coast

i loved watching Space Ghost when i was a kid and always thought it would make for a pretty badass live action film

of course, have it be more based on the original cartoon series and not the comedic talk show. although i loved the comedic version as well.

This could be an interesting idea... How about a Hanna-Barbara Cinematic live action universe? Could be something to add to WB's tentpoles for the near future. I always remember that there was a classic Space Ghost episode where he met a bunch of the action toon characters from the HB line of shows. And later in the 1980's Space Ghost he teamed with the 80's Galaxy Trio. You could do a round robin with one stand alone film that leads into an crossover film. If the respective stand alones are well received you give them a franchise. My candidates would be:

Space Ghost

Galaxy Trio

Johnny Quest

Samson and Goliath

The Herculoids

Birdman

I love Space Ghost and i'v wanted to see him in the new 52 for a while because when it comes to cosmic stories it seems that DC only really give us Lantern Stories.

And i would love to see him in his own movie but not right now because i think Dc have got alot going on at the moment.

But definitely in the future.

I'd love a Space Ghost project from DC/WB, be it live action or animated.

Just for the heck of it, a little something I did a while back:

184802_10151502394942278_84359979_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"