The Official SPACE GHOST Film Thread

C.A.H. said:
Privately please...so we don't give out spoilers. :woot:

I sent you a PM so just reply back when you get it please.

OH, and I have an update for those people still reading this thread...a possible casting choice. My actual dream casting choice for the role of Thaddeus Bach/Space Ghost...

200px-Joaquin_Phoenix_%282005%29.jpg

JOAQUIN PHOENIX is my dream casting choice for "Space Ghost". He has the acting skills, the looks, and he wouldn't be too old by time we started production in hopefully 2015 or 2016.

Would you accept him as Thaddeus Bach?

CAH

Tough character to cast... Is he going to do the interviews like on ADULT SWIM???

jrpstarwars said:
Tough character to cast... Is he going to do the interviews like on ADULT SWIM???
No...that's not planned anyways.

This is COMPLETELY different than the Adult Swim show he was on man. It's a serious (as in NOT funny) action epic film.

It's about a man's journey to save space and the world, and defeat anything that tries to change that. (just a simple way of putting it)

But yes, I have to agree. He is a very tough character to cast. But Joaquin Phoenix, like I said before, would be my first pick...if he wanted to do it.

CAH

He is older now but, if it was 10 to 15 years ago, I think his look at least would have been perfect.

bruce-campbell.jpg

Bruce Campbell.

Peyton Westlake said:
He is older now but, if it was 10 to 15 years ago, I think his look at least would have been perfect.

bruce-campbell.jpg

Bruce Campbell.
Oh you know it!

Dude...I seriously had a dream where Bruce WAS playing SG...and it was awesome! "Hail to the king baby!" But he's a bit too old, and would be WAAAAY too old (no offense Brucy buddy) by time this film started production...I actually have a new casting choice too, one who has the looks and would be the perfect age. I'll post him in a bit...:cwink:

CAH

250px-MiloVentimiglia_Heroes.jpg

MILO VENTIMIGLIA

One of my younger and possible casting choices for the role of Space Ghost/Thaddeus Bach, Milo Ventimiglia is a teriffic actor and he has the almost exact looks (especially that very dark hair! :woot: ) of Thaddeus from the comics. I've watched him every week in Heroes (great show BTW) and he's probably my favorite male character besides Hiro. He's shown he can play all kinds of attitudes and he can deliver dialogue incredibly!

What Do You Think?

CAH

He's not a terrible choice. He looks young though. If i were to guess on Space Ghost's age, I would say 30-35 range, and Vilo looks younger.

Peyton Westlake said:
He's not a terrible choice. He looks young though. If i were to guess on Space Ghost's age, I would say 30-35 range, and Vilo looks younger.
Yes, he does look young. But I think he's actually 29 years old or something like that.

So, by time SG's production started he would be almost 40 years old. So that won't even work...

I agree...the 30-35 year old range is what we're looking for. And I'm VERY serious about casting a complete or relatively unknown for the role of Thaddeus Bach/Space Ghost. We'll just have to wait and see...

CAH

No rush at all, lets get the brainstorming session out of the way & then get the plot/script done.

Peyton Westlake said:
No rush at all, lets get the brainstorming session out of the way & then get the plot/script done.
No rush AT ALL.

I'm just really excited. You can understand. My dream project is slowly seeing daylight...

BTW, the script start date is gonig to be pushed back a bit. I'm waiting a bit longer to get the comic. (until after Christmas) I then have to read through it again, evaluate everything all over, and add and subtract plot details again.

I'd say we can start on it in mid-February, POSSIBLY earlier.

CAH

It'll be worth the wait...and I've got a couple of new things that even you Peyton do not know about that I might throw in...

CAH

Sounds good. And hopefully in less then a week, I think I'll be done trying to work in those points you mentioned into his background.

Thanks PW.

I've actually got a couple more to work in myself after you're finished, and then hopefully, in about a month or so ,we'll have the final origin. At least for a while...

...if it ever goes into production, it'll probably change a bit.

But atleast I know basically what I want to happen in the film, and what HAS TO HAPPEN to ensure sequels. BTW, there will be 2 sequels.

CAH

Working on how to incorporate Bach's family and their death into it.

Well, it's really only Bach's wife that dies. If I remember correctly, that is his only family in the comic...

...but suprise, suprise! I have a new subplot involving his 'lost' brother, Greggory Bach. My friend and I created him, and he doesn't serve a giant purpose...yet. Peyton, if you want to know what I have in min for him, PM me. I think you'll like it.

CAH

Ok, i wasnt sure if Bach's wife was the only one or not. But I will PM you about your 'brother' angle.

OKAY, thanks.

I think you'll like what I have in store for Bach's brother.

CAH

Will do...will do buddy.

CAH

Bruce Cambell!
I know...:wow:

And as much as I would love Bruce to play Thaddeus/SG in this film, it's not happening. He's (sorry Brucy...:csad:) too old for the role, but cameos...are a COMPLETELY different story! Bruce can cameo ANYTIME in any of my films. :word::word:

CAH

OK guys, BIG update here.

I'm taking about 2-4 months off the Hype (not COMPLETELY off, I'll still be on maybe once a week or so) to write the new treatment and official first draft of the screenplay for the film, so I'm going to need plenty of time and focus on those two things to make them the best they can be. I should return in full force with great news by mid-April or May.

CAH

Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

But guess what? I'm not going to be taking as much time off the Hype as I thought now, and let me just define the whole SG project/treatment/script/etc. as a 'work-in-progress'...it's going to be done, but "when" is rather questionable, as I am worknig on some other things now too, but don't worry, it will be done by summer time.

CAH

Let me know if you're busy, and if not I have an idea to throw at you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"