• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 6

I have a question and honestly I'm not nearly as big into comics as you guys...BUT.....my question is instead of Marvel re-inventing existing characters to keep them fresh (female Thor, old Captain America, Colored Spider-Man, Gwen Spider-Woman) , why doesn't Marvel just come up with new super hero with new origins instead of tarnishing classic characters incase they dont work well with its audience ?

"Colored"? I think your social skills (or lack there of) need a reboot, pal. :loco:

How does Wolverine bend his wrist when his claws should prevent him from doing so when sheathed?

The claws are supposed to be short enough to be housed in the forearms and ending just before the wrist, artist interpretation could make them look two feet long though.

How many people know Daredevil's secret identity? Im watching his series now and that got me wondering

FYI, I had no idea Karen Page was killed in the books and that she's been gone since the late 90s

Yeah she got killed by Bullseye a while back.

Um... everyone knows DDs ID now. He got outed in the papers, had a massive lawsuit and got jailed for it.

Unless you mean just in the show. In that case it's just a few people. Stick, Foggy, that nurse... not many others.

What kind of accent does Meggan from Excalibur probably have?

Is it just me or was Bolivar Trask sort of in the right when he made the Sentinels? He wanted to stop a potential world conquering threat from getting started and to protect people. Considering what has happened since the early days of the MU if he had just made the AI better and them less hackable then they'd actually be pretty friggin useful.

Sending off a few dozen sentinels to take on Apocalypse or fight some invading Skrulls would have helped at least a bit over the years instead of everyone and their dog being able to remotely take them over and send them on rampages.

Yeah she got killed by Bullseye a while back.

Um... everyone knows DDs ID now. He got outed in the papers, had a massive lawsuit and got jailed for it.

Unless you mean just in the show. In that case it's just a few people. Stick, Foggy, that nurse... not many others.

No I meant the books. When did he get outted and before that happened, who knew?

He got outed during Bendis's run in the mid-2000s (appropriately titled "Out"). Then it was an unconfirmed rumor where many people believed he was Daredevil but not everyone. During Waid's run (past couple of years) he became fully out.

Before that, at least these people knew:
Karen Page
Ben Urich
Heather Glenn
Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Stick
Elektra
Bullseye (at least seemingly, I can't recall if he ever explicitly stated it before Murdock was outed)
Kingpin/Wilson Fisk
Mr. Fear/Lawrence Cranston
Foggy Nelson (relatively speaking, he learned it much more recently).
Milla Donovan (although she was after the events in Out, so maybe it's not worth counting her)

Major heroes also seemed to know - Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, but I'm not going to get sucked into figuring out every one of those. I listed Black Widow because she's a major Daredevil supporting character and they had a relationship. Really, if you had a relationship with Matt Murdock and your name wasn't Glorianna O'Breen, you probably knew his secret identity.

Has Marvel ever done its own version of Samson (just as DC featured an occasional Samson here & there)?

There's Doc Samson who occasionally hangs out with Hulk. Not a demi-god exactly, but still approaching Hulk's weight class.

You mean the biblical Samson?

How does Ant-Man become Giant-Man? Wouldn't that violate the square cube rule?

Some superheroes can fly in space. Do they not need to breathe, or do the just hold their breath for a really, really, really long time? Do they have really big lungs? How do their bodies hold themselves together in a zero g environment?

Is there a list of the religious preferences of every superhero?

Which superheroes are vegans?

Which superheroes are the best animal rights activists?

Is there a comprehensive list of every supehero vs superhero fight throughout the Marvel universe?

The magic of Pym Particles. No really. They're basically 'magic' particles that allow him to violate the square/cubed law by shifting his mass into another dimension.

Some of them don't need to breath if they don't want to. Some people like Captain Marvel/Photon/whatever she's called these days can turn into energy and don't need air. I can't think of any time recently that Thor needed an air tank in space so we can probably chalk that up to magic. Others can hold their breath for a crazy long time like the Hulk.

Oh yes. Even ones that never mentioned it except offhand once in a backup story in the 60's. :o It's even called Comic book religion

I know there's Animal Man but not sure which others.

Animal Man again. You should read his series by Grant Morrison. It's ****ing amazing and made me love the character. Especially when he sees the readers during a peyote trip. Really. I think Vixen is one as well.

Maybe? Most of what I found on a quick google run was just 'best fights' or things like that.

Has there been any references in the books which called attention to the fact that Power Pack has aged into adulthood and Franklin is still like 10? I mean he was childhood friends with them when he was 5 and the youngest one now is at least a teen

How does Ant-Man become Giant-Man? Wouldn't that violate the square cube rule?

Some superheroes can fly in space. Do they not need to breathe, or do the just hold their breath for a really, really, really long time? Do they have really big lungs? How do their bodies hold themselves together in a zero g environment?

C'mon man. Comic books.

Are there any comics (any publisher) that deals with ghosts and hauntings? Anything with a ghost as the main character, side character, or part of the plot.

John Constantine is regularly haunted by ghosts of his dead friends. The most recent issue of his comic dealt with with his ghost entourage.

The Ghostbusters have ghosts. :o

So what's been going on with Magneto post-Avengers vs. X-Men, because he's my favorite villain of all time and he kind of fell off the radar for me after that event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"