• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Stupid Question Thread: Marvel Edition - Part 6

After a certain amount of issues yes.

C'mon man. Comic books.

I remember Carol Danvers flying out to space when she fought the Cru, but she forgot to take a breath before leaving the atmosphere. I think its explained that Thor has really big lungs. BTW, there's more to space that just not being able to breathe. Our bodies are only meant to work in a pressurized environment. In a zero-g environment, there's nothing to keep our insides together. They would expand.

Which Avengers have iPhones?

When was the first selfie taken, and by whom?

They don't have iphones. They have Stark tech phones and Stark time traveled to the start of the universe just so he could say 'first'.

As for the bodies expanding thing, these guys can do stuff like throw moons at each other or wield energies that should by all reasonable measurements, tear them into tiny pieces then incinerate the pieces. A bit of vacuum can't hurt much more. Besides, it would be boring if everyone needed to jump back into an atmosphere for a breath every few minutes.

Who took Rogue's virginity?

Who is the best pilot? Ben Grimm?

Gambit or the Sentry. I say 99% of anything with the Sentry is BS so Gambit.

Who is the best pilot? Ben Grimm?
Do you mean in general or of a specific aircraft?

Rhodey, Ben Grimm, Carol Danvers, Star-Lord and Moonknight's sidekick Frenchie are some of the most skilled pilots in the Marvel comcis.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. There are probably more that I can't remember.

I meant in general. I figured it would be Ben or Carol. Star Lord is a good call.

I don't really think there's a good option for overall considering how varied the planes, jets, spaceships, interdimensional crafts, ect. are in the MU. Grimm probably has the most experience in flying pretty much anything though thanks to the weird crap in the FF.

Does anyone know of a Marvel character who can teleport in place (and not move from their position) and change their orientation?

The first thing that popped in my head was them changing their 'sexual' orientation. I really need to get some sleep. :D

Otherwise I'm not a hundred percent sure what you mean. Do you mean teleport in place and look 180 degrees behind themselves to what they did before or something like they teleport upside down to what they were before?

The first thing that popped in my head was them changing their 'sexual' orientation. I really need to get some sleep. :D

Otherwise I'm not a hundred percent sure what you mean. Do you mean teleport in place and look 180 degrees behind themselves to what they did before or something like they teleport upside down to what they were before?

That is what I meant.

I think most of them can do that. It's just easier to move than teleport in most cases as it usually causes some sort of strain to teleport. I know that Nightcrawler and other teleporters can 'port around however they like as long as something isn't in the way.

I think most of them can do that. It's just easier to move than teleport in most cases as it usually causes some sort of strain to teleport. I know that Nightcrawler and other teleporters can 'port around however they like as long as something isn't in the way.

That was no help at all. Shame on you.

JUST KIDDING!

That was more helpful than I thought. Perhaps I should look up comic book teleporters and see what I can find.

:argh:

Oh wait.

As it's been described by writers and people who like to work on the physics of powers, it's based on your mental desire to go somewhere, so if you wanted to look behind you you could concentrate and change places.

What I don't get is how some of them can go from standing when they 'port to crouched during the trip. :p

:argh:

Oh wait.

As it's been described by writers and people who like to work on the physics of powers, it's based on your mental desire to go somewhere, so if you wanted to look behind you you could concentrate and change places.

What I don't get is how some of them can go from standing when they 'port to crouched during the trip. :p

So, they can just turn around by teleporting in place? You know a good user who could do this (as an example)?

I imagine any teleporter that can do it wouldn't just do it instead of turning around in place as it's easier just to turn. Vanisher might though, he's a lazy SOB.

BTW, Does anyone know of a person in the Marvel Universe who can psychically make anyone say whatever the person wants them to say?

Probably just about any telepath. Xavier, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Psylocke, Emma Frost, etc.

So telepaths can actually make other people say things out loud? Just want to make sure.

a telepath can make a person do whatever they wanted. Its called mind control. Not every telepath can do that but the ones with a generic skill set like the ones mentioned can. Karma, who's power is to control minds, can do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"