The Official Superman-Batman Discussion Thread

Really? I seem to remember reading the description of the next issue and thinking it was so weird that the Kryptonite arc was done. :huh:
Silly me, I guess.

Superman/Batman #48
The penultimate chapter of "K" presents Superman vs. AAB (The All-American Boy) in a no-holds-barred fight through Smallville! Only Heroes scribe Michael Green and his writing partner, Mike Johnson, could create the AAB — a supersoldier with Doomsday's DNA that's infused with Kryptonite! Can Batman help the Man of Steel defeat AAB, or will we witness "The Death of Superman" all over again?

...that's a May solicit, so it goes until June.

Well, when you're right you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Superman/Batman #48
The penultimate chapter of "K" presents Superman vs. AAB (The All-American Boy) in a no-holds-barred fight through Smallville! Only Heroes scribe Michael Green and his writing partner, Mike Johnson, could create the AAB — a supersoldier with Doomsday's DNA that's infused with Kryptonite! Can Batman help the Man of Steel defeat AAB, or will we witness "The Death of Superman" all over again?

reading that again, it sounds god awful... that just made me feel good about my decision to drop this book... between everyone acting out of character, and it fitting nowhere in continuity whatsoever, im over this book.

Superman/Batman #48

Someone tell me im not the only person here who's seen Sky High.

Haha. you're funny darth. but because I don't want to add to your ego, i am going to balance that compliment with an insult. You use who when you should have used whom underneath your username. HA!

I always debated about picking this book. Never got around to it, I may still. Where's a good issue to start off from and what was the best run of this book (like between what issues would that run have been?)

Best run was the first two arcs. Just get the trades. Then pick up after the current arc starts.

No, the best run was the first arc. The second arc sucked. The current K arc is nearly as good as the first.

So what issue # and/or trades does the first run consist of and what issues does the current one consist of.

The first Arc is issues 1-6 or 8 im not sure but i know its called Public Enemies and you can find it pretty easily it was written by Jeph Loeb and art by Ed Mcguiness. On a side not i loved issue 46 and i think ill skip on the annual but 47 and 48 seem like they are gonna be ****ing great. This current arc started with 44 I think? Should be easy to find.

I like the issue for the most part, but Batman's stubborn insistence that everything is "explainable" no matter what became annoying. As if Science proves everything or exists by itself. Considering everything he's been exposed to, it just came across as a ridiculous stretch to prove some "point" that he dosen't like magic.

No, the best run was the first arc. The second arc sucked. The current K arc is nearly as good as the first.
Yeah, I agree. Nevertheless, the first arc had really cheesy moments, I don't find it THAT good ; it's not the best job of Jeph Loeb at all.

Best run was the first two arcs. Just get the trades. Then pick up after the current arc starts.

The second arc was Supergirl and Jobber Darkseid, right? Pffft, skip that ****.

EDIT: Shouldn't "****" be word-filtered? Did the board change its policies or something?

The second arc was Supergirl and Jobber Darkseid, right? Pffft, skip that ****.

EDIT: Shouldn't "****" be word-filtered? Did the board change its policies or something?

I dont know what your talking about but i see nothing but astrics.

Holy Sweet Blue Mother****ing Jesus. Superman-Batman Annual #2 is the best issue of that series, EVER. Why did DC not put Kelly on this title as soon as Loeb jumped ship? Christ****, that was beautiful. That's what a Goddamned Superman-Batman comic should look like. And **** story decompression, that fit into one issue just fine.

I agree, Joe Kelly's story was pretty good ! Hey, it was him on the first annual too, wasn't it ?

Indeed. Joe Kelly should totally rock this title.

Finally read this ish. Excellente! This reminds me how they used to talk about each other in their thought boxes when the series originally started.

So of course he has to sign on to Marvel now. ****sake, nothing good ever happens.

Well Aristotle, this thread is about the team up Superman/batman isn't it ? I hope you don't mind but I want to talk about the last issue of The Batman, "The batman Strikes", which featured superman. Because honestly, I don't to be flamed for this, but I found it very very enjoyable. And I found that the writing was better than most of the official "Superman/Batman" even under Loeb's writing. The Story was a one shot, and was simplified but I think there were excellent ideas! The depiction of Batman & Superman was subtle and good. The book was cheap, I thought "oh well, let's give it a try" ; And I was finally happier than when I read the old (Loeb, Verheinden, etc ...)issues of Superman/batman.
Does anyone else read it ?
yhst-23599503122488_1998_139198577

I think I may pick up this issue, Clarky, Oh and that Annual I decided to pick up, Man I love it! Perfect in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"