The Official Superman Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most popular choice is All-Star Superman. It requires no reading list to enjoy, and it's separate from the ongoing story, so it has a start and finish. If you want an origin story, Superman and the Men of Steel is the name of the collection that covers Action Comics issues 1-8 from the recent reboot. It's a very good intro.

I've never picked up a Superman comic before but I'm definitely interested to start. Where should I begin, I.E best origin story or w/e? Man of Steel #1?

Supermans current Official Origin is Superman and the men of Steel.However the best Origin story is Superman Birthright-Its not in Continuity though.

tumblr_mdcyg1wUDc1qmh9u4o1_500.jpg

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art and cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
1:25 B&W Variant cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
On sale FEBRUARY 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• The startling conclusion of “H’EL ON EARTH”!
• It’s the final fight with H’El — and to win, one of the team will have to make a fatal sacrifice! • The shocks continue as the all-new Oracle
appears!

tumblr_mdatvikNBC1qdodo2o1_500.jpg

Written by GRANT MORRISON
Backup story written by SHOLLY FISCH
Art by RAGS MORALES, BRAD WALKER, MARK PROPST and DREW HENNESSY
Backup story art by CHRIS SPROUSE and KARL STORY
Cover by RAGS MORALES
Variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
1:100 B&W Variant cover by RAGS MORALES
On sale FEBRUARY 6 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $5.99 US
• You don’t dare miss Grant Morrison’s stunning, extra-sized final issue of ACTION COMICS!
• It’s no small battle as Superman fights to save all of creation in this epic!
• This issue is destined to be a milestone in The New 52!
• Plus: In the backup story, whatever happened to the men of tomorrow(s)?
This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

I have some complaints regarding Action Comics and Superman titles, both feature lack luster artwork, I mean look at comics such as Voodoo, Demon Knight, Amethyst, Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman, Batwoman and Aquaman (very good artwork ) and then you look at Superman comics. Sub par artwork.

Hell, they can't even drew Superman's face properly, then body proportions, I am just disappointed. This has been going on for months.

The stories are not that good either.

I have some complaints regarding Action Comics and Superman titles, both feature lack luster artwork, I mean look at comics such as Voodoo, Demon Knight, Amethyst, Justice League Dark and Wonder Woman, Batwoman and Aquaman (very good artwork ) and then you look at Superman comics. Sub par artwork.

Hell, they can't even drew Superman's face properly, then body proportions, I am just disappointed. This has been going on for months.

tumblr_m6f71kf1Bt1qkotwto1_500.gif

*sigh* I miss old DC.

The new Krypton Saga was good.

I get your complaints about Action comics art but Rocafort draws a fantastic Superman.I mean just take a look at the cover in Superman 17.

Action comics got great stories even if it is a bit non-cohesive and confusing.The Superman title seems to be on the rise again with lobdell on.My only wish is that Lobdell learns to loose overexposition

Last edited:
I dig the art in Superman 13. I didn't at first but it's really grown on me

Quick question, Superman's vital statistics in the DCnU are listes as 6' 3" and 235 lbs. right?

There's a new Oracle debuting in a Superman comic? Crap, is it gonna be Chloe? :csad:

My problem with Action Comics are the eyes. Sometime Superman looks bug-eyed and out of it. Also, Action Comics just seem to toss **** at you with no explanation. Kinda gets frustrating.

Personally, I prefer both Rags and Rockafort to the art in Voodoo, Demon Knigbts, Amethyst, Aquaman and JLDark, but that's just me.

I like Rags as well. Rocafort should go unsaid, the mans freakin' sweet.

Have they said when the Snyder/Lee Superman book is actually going to launch?

The little man is an awesome 5th dimensional devil. Wonder how Morrison will connect him with Jor-El.

dc needs to snatch up fiona staples when she's finished with saga

I hope she's never finished with Saga. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back