The Official Superman Thread - Part 6

You'd think the costume he has in storage would be the classic one. If he's been going around in this black suit the whole time, why would he have a new modern red and blue suit with no trunks ready to go at a moment's notice?

I agree, it's a little strange. I like the suit enough though, so I'll roll with it.

And why did they have to tweak the classic suit for that Doomsday fight? Is it so bad that they can't even show the real suit in flashbacks now?

Doesn't look any different to me?

You'd think the costume he has in storage would be the classic one. If he's been going around in this black suit the whole time, why would he have a new modern red and blue suit with no trunks ready to go at a moment's notice?

Well, he basically decided to return as public Superman in Superman: Rebirth. So for now one can assume he had his new suit whipped up in N52 Superman's Fortress while he was there. All that Kryptonian tech, surely something there can fabricate a costume. Then he brought it with him to the new house.

As for the old suit he came with, I guess it's retired. Jon might be using the cape.

We need to start one of those White House petitions and get Obama to executive order DC give Supes his red undies back.

Well, he basically decided to return as public Superman in Superman: Rebirth. So for now one can assume he had his new suit whipped up in N52 Superman's Fortress while he was there. All that Kryptonian tech, surely something there can fabricate a costume. Then he brought it with him to the new house.

As for the old suit he came with, I guess it's retired. Jon might be using the cape.

I suppose. It's just for some reason, I figured if Jon snooped around and found a box with a Superman suit, it would be the original and not the modern trunkless version.

I don't know how many here are wrestling fans, but Jon finding the Superman suit and Clark subsequently becoming Superman again reminded me of an episode of WCW Monday Nitro, when Hollywood Hogan became Hulk Hogan again after his son found his old red and yellow tights.

I suppose. It's just for some reason, I figured if Jon snooped around and found a box with a Superman suit, it would be the original and not the modern trunkless version.

Superman kept his original suit in a trunk. He showed it to Jon in Lois & Clark #8, which took place right before the final chapter of The Final Days of Superman, DC Universe Rebirth and Superman: Rebirth.

Nrama: Rebirth showed that Wally West was recognized by Barry Allen, and his history was sort of incorporated into the history of the "New 52" Flash characters. Is something similar going to happen to post-Crisis Superman now? Anything you can say about why or why not?

Jurgens: This Superman clearly came from a different universe so would already have memories of what he saw there.

That’s a very different situation from the Wally/Barry moment.
http://www.newsarama.com/29635-myst...rk-kent-key-to-action-comics-rebirth-run.html

This is just getting more confusing (yeah I know, it is supposed to be revealed at somepoint). I thought Pre-52/52 were the same universe just with time taken but now Pre-52 Supes is from another universe?

He's from the universe as it was, as opposed to (white) Wally West, who was remade in the New 52 but disappeared into the speed force at some point and was forgotten (that's when he started to recover memories from his "past life" from before Flashpoint). I wouldn't take it so literally. "Another universe" = "Former life in pre-Flashpoint." But yes, technically New 52 is the same universe as pre-FP but re-sculpted and truncated.

I'm so sad that they made Supes shave off his glorious beard.

So who's Clark Kent? Im confused lol

I don't know how many here are wrestling fans, but Jon finding the Superman suit and Clark subsequently becoming Superman again reminded me of an episode of WCW Monday Nitro, when Hollywood Hogan became Hulk Hogan again after his son found his old red and yellow tights.

Haha, I definitely remember that! I believe it was August 1999. WCW had that giant metal logo as their entrance and America Made music hit and he came back as classic Hulk, it was a cool moment.

As for the Superman suit it does seem like they would've had him in the classic suit with the trunks at least for a few issues. The only thing I don't care for is the blue boots. It looks better with red there to break up all that color.

Last edited:
Doesn't look any different to me?

Looking back, it could just be a mistake, but the belt loops were yellow and the buckle had a couple of little bars around it. I read part of OWAW recently and noticed that Superman's belt had the bars around the buckle too so it's probably just a detail that was occasionally added to the classic suit's belt, and the loops were probably miscolored.

One thing I liked about the krypto armour was that it could possibly change its appearance (originally it was white).

I could live with Superman having some sort of kryptonian garment that could alter its appearance (including mimicking clothing as a disguise) and that would allow each artist to apply their own sensibilities and approach.

To be honest I don't care if the costume changes a lot, everyone who draws Batman draws him differently, I don't see why Supes has to be stuck with one look - maybe he has trunks sometimes and sometimes he doesn't.

But I'm probably crazy, and super-fandom wouldn't go for that.

That's a plot point that is part of the set-up for Action Comics. It'll be answered eventually in that series.

gotcha...thanks...wasnt sure if it was brought back from the New 52. I suspect hes from another point in the DC universe timeline

so, what do you make of the "glowing" hand print that Superman left when he touched dead 52 Superman's grave site?

So Pre-52 Supes is back,. there is a new "Clark Kent",. and LEx is acting as the raining Superman with a motherbox.... You have my attention DC

Can someone explain the whole two Superman things to me?

The last time I read Superman was when Grant Morrison was writing Action Comics.

Can someone explain the whole two Superman things to me?

The last time I read Superman was when Grant Morrison was writing Action Comics.

Basically,the previous Superman and Lois,along with their son, came to the current earth. It was revealed in DC Rebirth that this earth actually is the earth that they're originally from,but the timeline was altered.

DC Rebirth: Superman

The Man of Steel is one of the most recognized pop culture icons of all time, and thanks to DC Rebirth, Superman is set to soar to new heights, Learn what makes The Last Son of Krypton the hero that he is with the DC writers and artists, including Pat Gleason, Dan Jurgens, Tyler Kirkham, Peter Tomasi, and others who bring him to life in the comics.

Friday July 22, 2016 1:45pm – 2:45pm

Room 6DE

Source - http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/08/all-of-fridays-panels-for-san-diego-comic-con-2016/

do you think Jon Superboy will develop tactile TK powers like the other Superboys have?

do you think Jon Superboy will develop tactile TK powers like the other Superboys have?

Don't know. I don't think they're making him into Conner and other Superboy incarnations. I think he'll be like his dad, though I'm not sure what a straight up Human/Kryptonian hybrid brings to the table. If I'm not mistaken he's the first H/K that wasn't created in a lab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"