• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I were Australian. I'd be willing to deal with everything being upside down all the time if I didn't have to wait to see Thor.

LOL . I here you , this is gonna be the longest couple of weeks ever . I would like to know without spoilers how the fight at the end between loki and thor was , thats the fight I am looking foward to the most . I know the frost giant battle will be good , but I am dying to know how the final fight is ..... this is killing me lol

It's going to be like Chris Pine after Star Trek

LOL . I here you , this is gonna be the longest couple of weeks ever . I would like to know without spoilers how the fight at the end between loki and thor was , thats the fight I am looking foward to the most . I know the frost giant battle will be good , but I am dying to know how the final fight is ..... this is killing me lol

Heh, I've basically given up all hope of avoiding spoilers. Only blind chance will save any surprises for me by the time I get to see it.

Still, knowing the plot doesn't spoil all the acting and sets and whatnot, at least for me.

Screen Daily - THOR Review
While ‘action-adventure’ is never a term one normally associates with Branagh movies, he also handles the earthbound scenes with style, with Thor’s hand-to-hand tussles with agency guards a real standout.

Hehehe, it seems like the battle with the Shield Agents won't be that bad after all :up:.

Perhaps even more encouraging that the reviews are all of the randoms popping up on Twitter and IMDB saying they loved the thing. I don't think I've seen a single person say they hate it. Even the negative on RT is lukewarm.

Perhaps even more encouraging that the reviews are all of the randoms popping up on Twitter and IMDB saying they loved the thing. I don't think I've seen a single person say they hate it. Even the negative on RT is lukewarm.

Yep, because Twitter = GA

I'm starting to think latter X-Men movie Box Office range(200M domestic) or better is in the cards for Thor, which would be enough to start a Thor franchise.

I'm starting to think Iron Man and Iron Man 2's box office range for Thor, my fingers are DEFINATELY crossed.

Well that's still too much of a toss up for me to get on board with yet. There are many other factors that would need to line up for that to happen(as it did for IM1), notably...other films it's up against crumbling under their own crappiness and leaving a wide hole for Thor to make a dash to 300M. But I think 200M it can get to under it's own power of just being a good movie, which would be a resounding success.

None before May 20th (Mediocre or not, Pirates will still dominate that weekend)

I don't know. I haven't really checked the shedule. But when IM1 came out, it benefited from Speed Racer's bombing, Narnia 2's disappointing and Indy4's lack of being the next Phantom Menace(box office-wise).

If Pirates4 pays a price for how badly the last installment was received and ends up being the first of the franchise to crack 300M domestic then I'd say Thor will largely be the beneficiary of such a scenario. Not that I expect it to. The Pirates fanbase is about as picky as the Twilight fanbase.

I'm really liking the praise Hemsworth is getting!

Yeah, that's really the aspect of these reviews that jumps out at me. Comments about other aspects of the movie vary quite a bit, but the praise for Hemsworth is pretty damn near unanimous so far. That's huge.

Also keep in mind that IM1 had a(essentially w/ midnite showings) 100M OW. I'd say that in order for Thor to do 300M domestic it'd need to open to at least 85-90M and have good legs for a blockbuster, as well as the other stuff I mentioned happening(competition crumbling and all that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"