The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIH had the best final super brawl to date in a movie....IMO

Terrific reviews. Hard to imagine that Thor is less than a month away. I like IM2 but I think it was flawed from having way too many references to the Avengers, and it appears that Marvel has learnt its lessons with Thor.

Can somebody list all the Avengers references for me? I honestly don't think I saw the same film as you or all the reviewers that brought that up about IM2.

-Tony Stark's one line about 'super secret boy band'.
-Fury talking about Avengers at very end of movie.
-Thor's hammer after the credits.
-Hulk footage easter egg, Cap's shield joke, and references to 'Southwest region' (which only the geeks understood having to do with The Avengers).

All of these things added up amounted to what-----2-3 minutes of the movie? Not one of them had anything to do with the plot and in no way could it be seen as an advertisement for Thor/Cap/Avengers until the hammer shot after the credits. Nobody complained about SHIELD in Iron Man 1 or the various shout outs in Incredible Hulk. Sorry for ranting about this, but it just bothers me to no end. People's hate for IM2 because of this and the other minor complaints is so nonsensical.

I would hate to start this debate again but I agree, I really don't understand what the **** all these people are talking about at all. Even the GA people I know didn't think anything of it.

In fact, SHIELD was even more shoehorned in IM1 than the second when you think about it, and that's perfectly fine. No one cared, including me, it's exciting and not detracting anything from the movie.

I guess the appearance of Black Widow counts as an Avengers ad too? Hell, I dunno, I don't get the complaints either.

all the reviews are highly praising thor... i hope it doesnt dissapoint

I would hate to start this debate again but I agree, I really don't understand what the **** all these people are talking about at all. Even the GA people I know didn't think anything of it.

In fact, SHIELD was even more shoehorned in IM1 than the second when you think about it, and that's perfectly fine. No one cared, including me, it's exciting and not detracting anything from the movie.

Yeah, Agent Coulsen was everywhere in the first movie. At Tony's Starks press conference, at the party, meeting with Pepper again, flushing out Obadiah (with various other agents), and even appearing at the end of the movie to tell Tony what to say! A SHIELD logo appeared in the credits and of course Fury showed up after them! Nobody complained about that at all. Then of course TIH with the Captain America reference and Tony Stark cameo.

The same amount of references in IM2 though was terrible for some reason. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. IM2----the most unfairly reviewed movie in the history of movies IMO.

I really can't wait to see Thor. 3 weeks is going to be forever. I am glad to see that the reviews have been positive and there hasn't really even been a true negative review.

Glda to see this getting good reviews, hopefully this makes a sh** ton of money and really is successful.

9 days , cant wait, no reviews in brazil yet, when came arrive i put here.

Can somebody list all the Avengers references for me? I honestly don't think I saw the same film as you or all the reviewers that brought that up about IM2.

-Tony Stark's one line about 'super secret boy band'.
-Fury talking about Avengers at very end of movie.
-Thor's hammer after the credits.
-Hulk footage easter egg, Cap's shield joke, and references to 'Southwest region' (which only the geeks understood having to do with The Avengers).

All of these things added up amounted to what-----2-3 minutes of the movie? Not one of them had anything to do with the plot and in no way could it be seen as an advertisement for Thor/Cap/Avengers until the hammer shot after the credits. Nobody complained about SHIELD in Iron Man 1 or the various shout outs in Incredible Hulk. Sorry for ranting about this, but it just bothers me to no end. People's hate for IM2 because of this and the other minor complaints is so nonsensical.

I agree. I hate the whining about Iron Man 2. While some complaints I admit are legit, the Avengers complaint really isn't.

The reason why Iron Man 2 wasn't as good was all because of the script. They didn't finish the script before production, the script was rushed, and the screenwriter sucked in the first place.

I agree. I hate the whining about Iron Man 2. While some complaints I admit are legit, the Avengers complaint really isn't.

The reason why Iron Man 2 wasn't as good was all because of the script. They didn't finish the script before production, the script was rushed, and the screenwriter sucked in the first place.

I agree with this. For example, it is not the fact Black Widow was in IM2 that bugs me. It is the fact she essentially did nothing in the movie which does. That is not an issue with the Avengers Initiative. That is an issue of bad writing.

Yeah, Agent Coulsen was everywhere in the first movie. At Tony's Starks press conference, at the party, meeting with Pepper again, flushing out Obadiah (with various other agents), and even appearing at the end of the movie to tell Tony what to say! A SHIELD logo appeared in the credits and of course Fury showed up after them! Nobody complained about that at all. Then of course TIH with the Captain America reference and Tony Stark cameo.

The same amount of references in IM2 though was terrible for some reason. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. IM2----the most unfairly reviewed movie in the history of movies IMO.

Yeah not to debate this for the millionth time, but I just want one, one person to list all the Avengers references that were apparently littered throughout the movie

I just had a nice brief dinner and sat down to clock all the references' time bogging down and overwhelming IM2. I must have no life right? To take all that time to clock it? Well I'd say it was 3 minutes and 27 seconds well spent. Keep in mind that this was including throwaway lines like "I have bigger problems in the southwest region to deal with," and that before the final Fury scene and after-credits scene came on there was a total 50 seconds Avengers-related material.

I liked Iron Man 2 , just not as much as the first , I thought the story was good enough , my problem with it were two things

Casting of the bad guys , Sam Rockwell as Tony Starks rival was kinda lame and Mickey Rourke as Whiplash , I'm just not a Mickey Rourke fan , but the problem was he just turned out to be a copy of the Iron Man suit , I mean we already had that in War Machine , there was nothing there to set Whiplash apart ,

Very week villan in Iron Man 2

Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow was nice , so Iron Man 2 did have at least one plus.......lol

Last edited:
I agree with this. For example, it is not the fact Black Widow was in IM2 that bugs me. It is the fact she essentially did nothing in the movie which does. That is not an issue with the Avengers Initiative. That is an issue of bad writing.

War Machine belonged in there even less than her, atleast she was part of SHIELD and there to keep an eye on Tony and didn't really take from anyone, WM was there for fanservice and did nothing but take away from Whiplash, Hammer and action sequences.

But that goes to the script, it was finished but they changed it, originally WM was the one that took out Vanko while Tony was rescuing Pepper or some crap like that. So the final sequence was rushed.

Adding WM was a mistake from the get go.

War Machine belonged in there even less than her, atleast she was part of SHIELD and there to keep an eye on Tony and didn't really take from anyone, WM was there for fanservice and did nothing but take away from Whiplash, Hammer and action sequences.

But that goes to the script, it was finished but they changed it, originally WM was the one that took out Vanko while Tony was rescuing Pepper or some crap like that. So the final sequence was rushed.

Adding WM was a mistake from the get go.

Rhodey served character arcs. Widow was just kind of there. Rhodey was more important. My problem is Widow had like zero character development.

Rhodey served character arcs. Widow was just kind of there. Rhodey was more important. My problem is Widow had like zero character development.

Rhodey was important, yes, him trying to play superhero wasn't. Him getting into the Mark II armor and getting into a playfight wasn't . Legacy Studios and ILM focusing their time and money on the Mark II suit and the final suit wasn't. Whiplash getting lost in the middle of the movie and getting some generic suit at the end because of the WM subplot wasn't.

I know this is a Thor thread and I don't want to derail this, but I can keep going on why WM wasn't needed in the movie more than BW in the IM boards if you want.

Has anybody firgured out who the guy is thats fighting with Thor in the rain is , with Hawkeye looking on , he seems to be holding his own pretty good

Sweet, Harry Knowles liked it, he knows his sh**.

I didn't read all of it though cuz there were too many spoilers.

Well, I read the whole thing, as I don't mind spoilers, and to say he liked it would definitely be an understatement :awesome: The way he obviously feels now is how I think I'm going to feel after three... long... painful... weeks... of... torturous... waiting :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"