The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great flick. Up there with the greats like X2, Iron Man and Spider-Man 2.

Loved seeking
Hawkeye

The film looked spectacular, the acting was solid, there was enough action and just the right amounts of humor that never went overboard.

Just got back, loved it.

Let me just say, the movie is beautiful. The 3D adds a real depth to Asgard, Jotun and New Mexico, and I'm glad at the very least the movie doesn't succumb to the dominant teal and orange colour schemes of recent years. There's also a fantastic end credits look at Yggdrisal.

Chris was fantastic as Thor, and Anthony Hopkins proved to be really sincere as Odin. And that brings me to Tom, whenever he had the limelight, everyone in the audience was just silent in his presence, he was really that good. Natalie Portman was lovely, I really felt for her frustrations throughout the film, and Idris Elba was really imposing too.

I do feel Rene Russo must've had a few more scenes, because I do feel the Odinsleep was the only part of the movie that jarred when introduced. I also wish Colm Feore's voice hadn't been that artificially deepened. I think the budget must've run out because the transition from the Asgardian palace to the Bifrost portion of the climax was a bit choppy.

The only downside was at one point the 3D projector stopped. That was annoying, but at least after about fifteen minutes it was fixed and resumed where it stopped. The movie was good enough that people got back into it. I do wish James Cameron and everyone else enforcing 3D would take Murphy's law into account with most cinemas.

Good review Merc. I pretty much agree with that, really enjoyable film but a few little thing that could be tidied up. Nothing movie destroying, but just the things that stop it from being a cinematic masterpiece etc. Also, I noticed that Brannagh loves his lopsided camera angles lol

Nice reviews guys! May 6th can't get here soon ENOUGH!

Thor hits Finland next week and I'm getting pumped!

What did you guys think about the fight scenes? Compared to other Marvel movies? How's the fight between Destroyer and Thor? Is it a one sided fight or is Thor able to stand his ground? Or the fight between Loki and Thor? How would you describe Loki's fighting style? plz keep it spoiler-free but give me something just so I can get even more pumped :yay:

Loki uses a lot of magic than his brother.

As for the Destroyer, his fight with Thor is quite short but from the get-go he's quite terrifying and throws the Warriors and Sif around a lot. His actual confrontation with Thor is much more about euphoria and the build-up to the final fight with Loki.

This movie was amazing, just got back! Impressed with everything. Hemsworth as Thor was incredible, everyone was just amazing and the humor was never ever OTT. Portman's colleague, forget his name, was he referencing Banner when he was talking about a scientists who's an expert in gamma and had crossed path with Shield? The action was lovely, Thor taking out the frost giants was marvelous. Really cant wait for another Thor movie and for the avengers. Was hoping for Fury to turn up. Stan Lee's cameo was probably the best cameo he's done in any marvel film.

One question, I didn't stay for the after credits but is there an after credits scene at all???

One question, I didn't stay for the after credits but is there an after credits scene at all???

I haven't watched Thor but yes there is an after credits scene. You should go see the movie a second time for it. :yay:

Just got back from seeing it now. I'll keep it short and sweet (and spoiler free):

Awesome. A hell of a lot better than I expected it to be.

Stand out acting for me:

Chris Hemsworth (Thor) - Fantastic choice for Thor. He does an amazing job in the role.

Anthony Hopkins (Odin) - Lended the role the gravitas it needed.

Tom Hiddleston (Loki) - The most suprising for me. Not your standard card board cut out villan. Suprisingly deep.

Highly recommended. Can't wait to see what they do with Captain America now :)

You CAN talk about it guys, just put them in spoilers and do not post links to ANY bootleg video or pics.

Ok Good!!! I'm going to watch it with my g/f again tomorrow!

I just want to see it the first time......

****, next week. But I love that I can say that. I'm anxious now. Soon it will be "this week then it's a matter of days and hours.

just got back from the 3d showing. Wow oh wow, what a great movie. I only wish the film was longer as it sped by. I will say that Thor is as strong as in the books. I am so happy they used his hammer spinning and in a few scenes. For those wondering, yes thor does use the spin once to take off and fly. One thing I did notice is dr stranges magic eye in odins vault... and was it me or did hawkeye have a purple bow? Can't wait to see it again. IMO this is one of the best cbm to date if not the best.

Without a doubt my favourite CBM to date. Everything's been said really. Hiddleston gives a powerhouse performance, really pleased with the whole film.

Going again on Wednesday.

Thor hits Finland next week and I'm getting pumped!

What did you guys think about the fight scenes? Compared to other Marvel movies? How's the fight between Destroyer and Thor? Is it a one sided fight or is Thor able to stand his ground? Or the fight between Loki and Thor? How would you describe Loki's fighting style? plz keep it spoiler-free but give me something just so I can get even more pumped :yay:

Really nice, big and meaningful fight scenes, you won't be disappointed, Juha.

Thor is perhaps the most powerful superhero ever to hit the screens, and Branagh has shown his amazing power in great style. No complaints about it at all.

Loki is deadly, using his words, power, or weaponry in a fight. The scope of the battles is also mind blowing, and Mjolnir is not just a hammer, it is an emblem of Thor's development as a character.

Everything is well-crafted. You'll certainly like it.

As I said, minor complaints: first part feels rushed (even the lopsided angles, as Wolvie just mentioned, are a bit overdone) and some scene transitions are too choppy; some characters should've gotten a bit more to do onscreen.

But nothing that would compromise the movie. It's compelling, beautiful and even moving. Thumbs up for Marvel.

Is a poll going to be added? It's overdue.

Poll will automatically close when thread manager reboots the thread. Waiting for US release so at least everyone will get a chance to vote on it.

stayin at 94% in RT
luks like this one is another iron man..
bin reading all this awesome reviews and the w8 is killin me....

This movie was amazing, just got back! Impressed with everything. Hemsworth as Thor was incredible, everyone was just amazing and the humor was never ever OTT. Portman's colleague, forget his name, was he referencing Banner when he was talking about a scientists who's an expert in gamma and had crossed path with Shield? The action was lovely, Thor taking out the frost giants was marvelous. Really cant wait for another Thor movie and for the avengers. Was hoping for Fury to turn up. Stan Lee's cameo was probably the best cameo he's done in any marvel film.

[BLACKOUT]Dr. Selvig is taken to a S.H.I.E.L.D. facility where he meets Nick Fury. Fury explains that he wants Selving to study the recently-discovered Cosmic Cube, which holds infinite power. Selvig agrees as it is revealed that he is being mind-controlled by Loki, who is seeking revenge.[/BLACKOUT]

stayin at 94% in RT
luks like this one is another iron man..
bin reading all this awesome reviews and the w8 is killin me....

Isn't it messed up how those two stupid reviews have put Thor at 94%? Everybody is entitled to their opinion but one of those reviews (FantheFire) is so ridiculously biased that it shouldn't even be on there.

Jeez I need the 6th to be here already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"