The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, regarding Jane Foster, you could be right, but I don't think so, since part of the dynamic the movie is setting up is Thor having close ties to earth and wanting to spend a significant chunk of his time there. Jane Foster has to be a part of that, since it has to be more than Thor just doing his duty as a hero.

The studio was obviously very pleased with the early stuff on earth leading up to Thor failing to lift the hammer, as they featured this heavily when screening scenes at conventions and releasing early clips. But it could be that the humble Thor/romance with Jane stuff just didn't really work all that well to begin with. Hence it was cut. Better that it feel a little rushed than for it to be boring. Or maybe they just got a little carried away with the editing.

In any event, I expect Jane to be a big part of any (hypothetical) sequel. At worst I guess she might be recast, if Marvel thinks NP is too expensive. But in the case of a love interest I think that is not that likely.

Last edited:
Well, as I understand it in the comics it's the fact that Jord is Thor's real mother that gives him a connection to Earth and a sense of responsibility to protect it. They may play up that aspect in a sequel.

From some of the interviews I've watched today , sounds like there was alot cut out of the film not just the Jane stuff

Well, as I understand it in the comics it's the fact that Jord is Thor's real mother that gives him a connection to Earth and a sense of responsibility to protect it. They may play up that aspect in a sequel.

Yeah, but in a movie I think you would need a more personal connection.

In a sense you could say that Jane is less a traditional ingenue for the superhero and more of a mix of that and the Pa Kent/Uncle Ben/Ho Yinsen type role(ie. the character who has the most actual influence in being a catalyst for the hero to grow/change).

Great news! I was worried about the reviews for a bit and am very damn excited for this, less than three weeks for me!

Sounds like people like it overall, but Thor's lesson in humility seems rushed. But at least the Asgard seems don't seem as hokey as I had worried about.

I'm so tempted to read the reviews, but I honestly want to go into this movie with an open mind. Ahhhh! It's so tempting!

With a mere 5 reviews on RT, it's at 80%. A completely useless statistic at this point, or at any point aside from time to persuade the GA, but cool to see.

That's not a good sign. Usually early reviews on RT are highest, and it only goes down from there.

Although there's not many yet, it's good to see that most of them are all positive.

Not reading them in depth, but glad they're mostly positive :up:

A quote from the review:

"Trust me when I say Thor *IS* as good as Iron Man and is most worthy of your time and money. "

:wow: Please be true.

man i hope so...i had big expectations for iron man 2 but it didnt live up to it...
so for thor i am playin it safe

"DIY - "While the trailers suggested a cheesy, Dutch-angled, all brawn and no brains kinda flick, what we have here is Shakespearean tragedy set to production designer Bo Welch's gorgeously retro sets and Branagh's unleashed fanboy enthusiasm. A stellar effort that has raised the bar for this year's endless comic adaptations."

Most encouraging review yet. I'm sold. Lets get it on.

much better reviews than I expected,I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"