The Official Tom Welling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RakuMon

Sidekick
Reaction score
Wow.
I tried to start one in Super-World, but that got closed too. I thought Super-World was a place to post ANYTHING Superman related. Guess not. Anyway, as I said in that thread, the Welling thread in the Superman boards was closed, but I found it to be more of a community thread than a casting thread. So in the spirit of community, I thought it deserved a second life. With nearly 8000 posts, it was the largest thread on the Superman movie forum. And I see no reason it shouldn't keep going. Remember, the movie isn't out until 2006, but Welling is playing young Superman RIGHT NOW!

To start things off, here's the clip of Flash's and Clark's race from "Run." I found it on K-site's message board:
http://www.pondwater.net/smallville-flash.mpg

lokmon said:
Wow.
I tried to start one in Super-World, but that got closed too. I thought Super-World was a place to post ANYTHING Superman related. Guess not.

That does seem odd. I think the mods are very determined to limit all Welling talk to this forum.. I guess it's their call though.

lokmon said:
Anyway, as I said in that thread, the Welling thread in the Superman boards was closed, but I found it to be more of a community thread than a casting thread. So in the spirit of community, I thought it deserved a second life. With nearly 8000 posts, it was the largest thread on the Superman movie forum. And I see no reason it shouldn't keep going. Remember, the movie isn't out until 2006, but Welling is playing young Superman RIGHT NOW!

Nearly 8000 posts.. if nothing else, Welling does inspire conversation. ;)

Thanks for starting a new Welling thread here, Lok.

To help start things off.. here's a fave manip I ended my postings on the Welling thread with:
tomrip16.jpg

i don't think we need a Welling thread because the whole forum is about welling and the characters of the Smallville

Hey we can have a thread if we want and I want this thread! Besides I plan on following his non Superman related projects. In fact I'm kinda glad he'll get a chance to do something else. I don't know what the spoilers rules are for this site, but next week looks incredible.

A thread specific to Welling in a forum set aside for Smallville discussion is just ducky, AFAIC. ;) Thanks Lokmon! Also, if I may suggest, folks should just let JcDc's thread fade into obscurity. It's not worth spending any time on.

Do you think this thread will ever get to the same post count as the original? Coz honestly, the Welling thread was the only reason I ever posted on SHH.

lokmon said:
Do you think this thread will ever get to the same post count as the original? Coz honestly, the Welling thread was the only reason I ever posted on SHH.

I doubt it will, there is much less traffic, therefore less drive-by posters in this forum. A lot of the die-hard comic fans really dislike SV because it isn't 100% canon with the Supes mythos in their heads. Their loss ;) .

welling_as_superman1.jpg

Tom Welling will always be Superman to me, even if that fool Bryan Singer can't see it. He chose Brandon Routh because he was an unknown. He said himself that from day one he would not even consider anyone with a decent resume for the role, which put Tom Welling out of the picture. Why, do you ask? Because Bryan Singer is making what he thinks Superman 3 should have been. Dan Harris said that the film takes place six years after Superman 2, and that General Zod may even be in it. They brought the donners on board as producers. Singer is using traditional wires and rigs for many of the flight shots, rather than green screen and CGI. He's getting Kevin Spacey to play a comical lex luthor. He even wants John Williams to score the movie. Why all this? Because he wants to make a sequel to Superman 2, because he sees himself as finishing what Richard Donner started, rather than making the first chapter in a completely new series. Singer's goal is only to live up to Donner's work, not to surpass it, because he thinks that the original movie is a sacred cow that cannot be tread upon. In my opinion this is setting the bar way too low.

Oh well, if Singer's movie is a dud, then maybe, just maybe... When Smallville is winding down near the end of it's sixth season, Warner Bros. will consider the possibility of a Superman movie set in the Smallville-verse, using all the cast of the show. After all, Buffy is probably going to get a cinematic sucsessor with the original cast re-united. If Smallville stays popular throughout it's latter seasons, Warners may consider giving it the Buffy treatment. It's a long shot, but the option is still there. Personally, I think that it'd be a much safer bet than trying to make a sequel to Singer's film, because it's doubtful that he will return for a second helping of Superman. He wants to do Logan's Run next, and I suspect that he sees his film as being a stand alone work; a book end to Superman 1 and 2. He probably won't see any reason why there should be a sequel, because he'll see it as a complete trilogy. If this happens, then Warners can either A) make a sequel without him, or B) clean the slate and make a movie in the Smallville-verse with Tom Welling, like they SHOULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE! You can probably guess which option I'd go with.

We could use this thread to discuss Welling in general, you know his future after smallville and movie prospects.......same with Kristin Kreuk and Micheal Rosenbaum, I'll make a thread on those two

Serene said:
I doubt it will, there is much less traffic, therefore less drive-by posters in this forum. A lot of the die-hard comic fans really dislike SV because it isn't 100% canon with the Supes mythos in their heads. Their loss ;) .

supernerds.jpg

The JCDC thread pissed me off it's like he's stalking us just to be a pain in the ass. I am done with the movie forum. I don't have confidence in it now but even if I did I wouldn't want to be spoiled. I'm a Batman fan but I came here late and I don't want to know too much so I don't visit there. The Welling fan bashing got so out of hand. Timestuff you may have something there if Spacey is supposed to do a comedic Luthor I'll wait till video. I like it here though on K-site it seems to be mostly kids. I still post there but still it's nice to talk about Superman with fellow adults.

If I was trying to stalk you I would have made a big freaking thread in the Superman forum about this. The only time I've spoke of Welling is when he's brought up relentlessly in the Superman forum. I made a thread in here for those that wanted to continue the Welling propaganda, but it needs to be seperated from the other forum. That is all.

JcDc said:
If I was trying to stalk you I would have made a big freaking thread in the Superman forum about this. The only time I've spoke of Welling is when he's brought up relentlessly in the Superman forum. I made a thread in here for those that wanted to continue the Welling propaganda, but it needs to be seperated from the other forum. That is all.

There's no argument about the need for a thread here (since they shut us down in the other forum). What I find offensive is the title you chose for your thread. Perhaps you didn't mean it to sound like you were trying to rub it in that Welling isn't playing Supes, but it sure appears that way. The fact that you refer to any potential Welling thread as being "propaganda" doesn't help your case much either.

FWIW, I don't plan on using this thread to simply piss and moan about Routh, I'm hoping that he does a fine job as Superman and we have a great movie to enjoy when it's finally in the can.

Timstuff said:

LOL :up: I had some noob say that to me the other day when in fact I was probably following Superman while he was still sucking on his momma's teet

IMHO I think Tom Welling is this Generation's (meaning the 2000s) Superman and who gives a **** if SMallville doesn't follow the Superman mythos inch by inch...I see it as a "what if?" Besides becoming a fan of Smallville has just gotten me wholly interested in the Superman mythos :)

I don't care how many posts you have under your belt.. you're acting like a troll.

People are not being supportive of the new movie. I didn't get my favorite for the part, but I accept who was chosen was Singer's decision and he's a good judge of talent. We need to be supporting this movie that we've waited for.

JcDc, vacate this thread permanently.

Hey I didn't come into here, I was BROUGHT into the thread and it's really getting old to have you follow me in other forums and try to control what I say. :o

JcDc said:
Hey I didn't come into here, I was BROUGHT into the thread and it's really getting old to have you follow me in other forums and try to control what I say. :o

If I wanted to control what you say, I'd be a mod. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"