Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the trailer attached to Optimus has jet engines? Sweeeeeet

Yes the back tires on the trailer will somehow become the thrusters to the jet pack or at least that is the way I think it will happen.

one thing no one seems to notice. what happened to Dreamworks?! why are they no longer involved with this franchise? The first 2 made a lot of money. Was there a falling out with Paramount? I dont get it.

one thing no one seems to notice. what happened to Dreamworks?! why are they no longer involved with this franchise? The first 2 made a lot of money. Was there a falling out with Paramount? I dont get it.

If the movie is good, does it really matter who's name is on it as a production company/distributor? Pretty much all the same people still worked on this one like they did the other 2 movies.

Dreamworks ended it's partnership with Paramount Pictures back in 2008.

more signs that a different type of movie is coming our way perhaps

Nothing will change, because Spielberg is still the exec producer.

well I just find it funny. true their relationship may have ended but Dreamworks still was a big part of ROTF that came out in 2009. I guess Paramount has all the rights here when it came to the partnership. I just thought that DW would still want money from this franchise. Plus that means DOTM wont be on HBO. True I will get the dvd but I like seeing it on HBO as well. thats just me. I was just surprised that DW let it go.

Well Paramount was the studio that bought the film rights, and I don't see why DotM couldn't be shown in HBO.

paramount seems to be doing good business these days

Its not that they did the first one but were one of many partners in bringing it to fruition.

Dreamworks Animation still has their contract with Paramount. It's Dreamworks pictures that are no longer working with Paramount since 08.

Dreamworks is smart because they've now partnered themselves with Disney via Touchstone. Captain America 2, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, The Avengers, will all be over at Disney so Dreamwork can easily become a partner for any of those other movies.

Kind of sucks that Paramount will be losing a bunch of Marvel properties after 2011. They are good stewards.

They still got their Hasbro contract though. :up:

Paramount does not have a contract with HBO it is with Epix

Yes the back tires on the trailer will somehow become the thrusters to the jet pack or at least that is the way I think it will happen.

That could make sense because who knows what's inside the trailer, I would love it if this is actually the case :).

So if Optimus couldn't have a trailer in the previous 2 films (for whatever "It wouldn't work!" reason), why can he have one now?

I'm guessing that scientist autobot has something to do with it, which I hope it's not Wheeljack.

So if Optimus couldn't have a trailer in the previous 2 films (for whatever "It wouldn't work!" reason), why can he have one now?

"it was stupid" is the actual reason

answer will come in a few months

crockett has an excellent guess
mine is that the trailer isn't cybertronian but earth built.

My guess is: In the "trailer" he still has the ability to use Jetfires's parts. There needs to be a place to have access to these parts and transport them. The trailer is then needed for this to be plausible. Although the trailer was in G1 it always disapeared and was not needed in the movies until now.

I bet they will use the trailer as some barrier or station. Maybe in the middle of battle a few autobots jump on it and fire weapons or something.

now i realized why OP has the trailer. its for hes wings and jets. for flying. i think this was the best choice to use the trailer. for flying.

I personally think the best choice for his trailer would be to haul around snacks and drinks.

Michael Bay Talks Briefly About the New Bots

*Spoiler alert. There's one bot that Bay reveal.

On the carpet, Bay also briefly touched on two new alien bots set to debut in "Dark of the Moon." [BLACKOUT]"Sentinel Prime is great. He's great," he said. "I can't tell you anything else, other than he's great."[/BLACKOUT]

And about the villain Shockwave, Bay say, "He's bad," adding that compared to Megatron, "He's got a much bigger gun [and is] a little bit more vicious."
Source

Giving Optimus a trailer in the first 2 movies would have only slowed him down from kicking butt.

I'm guessing that scientist autobot has something to do with it, which I hope it's not Wheeljack.

Maybe they still have that shard of allspark that Sam used on Jet Fire to bring him back to life in the last movie, that is if Jet Fire didn't absorb all of its energy but we don't really know if they ever recovered the shard after bringing Jet Fire back to life. Prime crushed The Fallen's spark in ROTF but maybe Jet Fire's spark was still salvageable, like the bots body may be destroyed but the spark still lives on outside of the body as long as the spark pod isn't completely destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"