Dark of the Moon The Official Transformers 3 News And Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's finally confirmed that [BLACKOUT]Sentinel Prime will appear in the movie.[/BLACKOUT] Pretty cool.

In Transformers Animated yeah, but in this movie I'm guessing he's Optimus predecessor.

^In the cartoon and comics he was the Prime before Optimus, cant remember much about the cartoons but in the comics Megatron killed Sentinel making way for Optimus to become the new Prime.

maybe somebody could explain the whole prime thing to me. how does this work (for the movie universe anyway)? the first one i just thought prime was his name and because he was the leader. then in 2 there were a whole bunch of primes and the fallen could only be defeated by a prime. i fail to understand what exactly about optimus makes him so much more special than the others, obviously he is and he can kick sum major butt, but why moreso than the others?

its interesting to note how optimus now carries the trailer and megatrons new vehicle mode also has a trailer with some kind of jet or something under it. not to mention they are both trucks now

A fight between Optimus & Sentinel Prime over who was in charge would be great but not likely to happen.

maybe somebody could explain the whole prime thing to me. how does this work (for the movie universe anyway)? the first one i just thought prime was his name and because he was the leader. then in 2 there were a whole bunch of primes and the fallen could only be defeated by a prime. i fail to understand what exactly about optimus makes him so much more special than the others, obviously he is and he can kick sum major butt, but why moreso than the others?

The title of Prime is more than just a name change it is also a special power upgrade in every way so maybe Optimus was the only one who was resistant to the Fallen's powers or something because of this.

In the original cartoon, Prime is a military rank. Like a general. In the movies, the Primes were the first ones created by the All Spark. Optimus is their descendant; no clue how, 'cause the movies never explained.

its interesting to note how optimus now carries the trailer and megatrons new vehicle mode also has a trailer with some kind of jet or something under it. not to mention they are both trucks now

Megatron's alt mode was revealed? are there any pictures?

Yeah, few toy images and set pics.

He's a truck.

I looked it up and wow.. I'm actually not disappointed with that- he look's pretty ....destroyed. After his ash beating in the 2nd movie i guess he would have to resort to this alt mode but I actually really like it, even with his jedi looking cape/hood.

The title of Prime is more than just a name change it is also a special power upgrade in every way so maybe Optimus was the only one who was resistant to the Fallen's powers or something because of this.

Also, I believe only Prime's can properly harness the power of The Matrix in the movies, hence why we never see Megatron using or even getting hold of the Matrix in ROTF.

In the cartoon's/comic's, a Prime was also the wielder of The Matrix.

Last edited:
Megatron looks ****ing awesome.

I actually really like SP's design, cant see him giving any competition to Optimus though.

SP is made of win and plastic. I wonder how closely he matches his CGI counter-part.

Sentinel Prime fits his name with the big watchdog shield. I like how everything comes together so well in his design. The Ark looks okay, not amazing; maybe we'll see it repaired and off the Moon at one point.

After seeing Megatron...remind me why he's a Decepticon again? He had his calves and one of his arms blown off in the first movie, plus half his face and big claw arm cleaved off in ROTF. After all that, I'm surprised he hasn't thrown in the towel and become an Autobot. It's not like he'll be the big bad, either, with Shockwave in the sky dropping bombs from his armada ships.

Megatron looks awesome. I like that cloak thing.

Somebody said he looked like a homeless, broken down Dr Doom.

I'm liking Megatron's new look. But I kinda wish they would not change it for every film. But I guess thats how Hasbro is able to keep selling it's transformers figures.

sphead.jpg

goldbothead.jpg

May sound like a broken record but yea they are one in the same. Whats weird is I only now noticed the Prime ear antennae thingys on the gold bot after seeing the SP toy

Do we have a closeup picture of Megatron's face?

Sentinel Prime fits his name with the big watchdog shield. I like how everything comes together so well in his design. The Ark looks okay, not amazing; maybe we'll see it repaired and off the Moon at one point.

After seeing Megatron...remind me why he's a Decepticon again? He had his calves and one of his arms blown off in the first movie, plus half his face and big claw arm cleaved off in ROTF. After all that, I'm surprised he hasn't thrown in the towel and become an Autobot. It's not like he'll be the big bad, either, with Shockwave in the sky dropping bombs from his armada ships.

In the Megatron: Origin comic he had the same type of shield, I like how faithful they are being with him, though his face seems a little too Alpha Trion-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"