The official X-Manips thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some quick things I did.

sentinelposter.jpg

gambitposter.jpg

icemanpyro.jpg

X-Men (TAS/Comics) Poster...

:: A 'poster' featuring the TAS/Comic costumes.
:: Inspired by a random, completely unrelated photo.

maniptaspostervo1.jpg

its nice, nice effect on it....... to much use of statue though imo (wolverine collosus and rogue look to me just to be head swaps onto statues and colour balance change) very nice overall though

maniptaspostervo1.jpg

Really nice! Like it. What I like the most is the position of the characters, really new, and different to all the posters from the films. Colossus at the center, nice.

Did you paint this? Or are just figure pics but with an effect in photosop or somethin? Looks like a paint work, but I'm not sure...

holy ****ing **** ravana, WOW. like WOW. yeah sorry i cant really word any sentence right now cause i'm marveling at that poster. so amazing

maniptaspostervo1.jpg
OMGOSH! :wow:
That is AMAZING!!
One of the Best Storm's I have seen so far! I love the color tone you have used for the overall effect - makes the costumes look less out there lol.
I think using the statues help with these types of costumes - since they are so colorful - makes them look realistic.
Perfect! :up::up:

This is art. Amazing.

:: Thanks for all the cool comments, glad it's well liked by most people... Appreciate it.

to much use of statue though imo (wolverine collosus and rogue look to me just to be head swaps onto statues and colour balance change)

:: Not really... Jean/Phoenix actually is nothing more than a 'new head', some hair and a bit of tinkering with colour and tone, that particular figurine thing was perfect (pose and angle) for what I'd pictured, was good fortune finding it. Colossus and Rogue are a bit different from the statue/models used, some reshaping (especially with Rogue) and additions. Wolverine is from other elements, the only figure parts I used are the gloves, boots and... um... shoulder pad things. I don't really care what elements I use - although a lot of this is digitally painted as well - as long as the end result fits what I was shooting for,.. no point making the process more difficult if the result isn't as good.

Did you paint this? Or are just figure pics but with an effect in photosop or somethin? Looks like a paint work, but I'm not sure...

:: A combination of photos - people, clothes, and some existing X-Men figure things; and some digital painting in photoshop. I was going for a 'retro' movie poster sort of look, it started out a lot more like the Star Wars posters... but ended up being a group shot sorta deal. The effects (painted sections, outlines) are all by hand to get the look I was after and to reshape parts and emphasise facial features etc;.. I've had a few PMs about how I did some things already actually, might post some more detail in my fanart thread if people are up for it.

Wow, this is one of the better ones I've seen in a while. My only criticism is with Storm's costume. It's too white. It's missing the yellow. I'm assuming you were referring to this costume when making it.

:: I wasn't really referring to any costume to be honest, for Storm of the others, just how I generally prefer their look. I would have preferred to have Wolverine's mask look more like the 'astonishing' version, but it didn't work and at first I did intend to give the Storm costume more detail - belt, maybe yellow bits, but I liked the plain, clean look.

holy ****ing **** ravana, WOW. like WOW. yeah sorry i cant really word any sentence right now cause i'm marveling at that poster. so amazing

:: *shucks*

.... Oh and sorry there's no Beast ; ) maybe if there's another one... No Emma or Gambit this time either... or Psylocke, or ...

just looking back think you might have taken my comment the wrong way, wasnt meant to be taken that way, it is a very nice manip, and i love the style (old movie poster)

few things, the sentinals head looks a bit odd (black out line around it needed maybe?) angels wings seem to be at the wrong angle and his head looks slightly off, wolverines chest details seem to big (compared to cyc and collosus)

I really like the final outcome though

Absolutely beautiful work as always Ravana! Would love to see you do more work on Rogue and Phoenix, as ur manips for them just are awe inspiring! Would love to see what you could do with Pyro too.

We haven't seen a manip in here in a while.
This had been originally made for the TAS contest, but I just never got around to finishing the costume.
wolverinecopyai0.jpg

Larger version

i know i suck at manips but i just got photoshop back and wanted to try one.

before:
clipboard01zzzzzun4.jpg

after:
rogue.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"