The Official X06 News/Updates Thread

I know I just noticed it I unlocked & downloaded it. Time to go & play some Doom

dl_bkg.gif

So I guess Halo Wars was project Pheonix afterall.

Sony's killer app is "Afrika."

They are advertising a stupid game and incorrect spelling.

Why does Bungie do this? Now it's all but guaranteed that I'll be unemployed within the next five years :csad:.

Boom said:
Why does Bungie do this? Now it's all but guaranteed that I'll be unemployed within the next five years :csad:.

Yeah, in one day, we went from "Halo news absence" to "Halo overload!"

I just saw that Rare announced Banjo-Kazooie 3 and showed off the first (rendered, naturally) trailer.

Me? Owned. Banjo-Tooie is one of the greatest platformers ever made. Rare just sucked me in full stop.

farmerfran said:
Yeah, in one day, we went from "Halo news absence" to "Halo overload!"

Announcing one game is an overload? I haven't seen any Halo 3 news come out of this yet, which is kind of a surprise. That game is looking like it'll achieve Nintendo-like delays by the time it finally sees light of day. Remember when it was supposed to hit on the day the PS3 launched?

Bishop2 said:
Announcing one game is an overload? I haven't seen any Halo 3 news come out of this yet, which is kind of a surprise. That game is looking like it'll achieve Nintendo-like delays by the time it finally sees light of day. Remember when it was supposed to hit on the day the PS3 launched?

Halo 3 was never confirmed to make launch date of PS3. Bungie never said that. The only thing they have EVER said about the release date is in 2007.

There were 2 new Halo games announced. The Ensemble "Halo Wars" game, and Wingnut/Bungie game based on the Halo universe.

farmerfran said:
Halo 3 was never confirmed to make launch date of PS3. Bungie never said that. The only thing they have EVER said about the release date is in 2007.

True, but MICROSOFT promised it. And usually we buy what they're sellin'.

But, Bungie always said to basically ignore them! And to listen only to Bungie!

If I'm not mistaken, that was Bill Gates who said it and he's really just a figure head for Microsoft when it comes to the game portion. He even really didn't say for definite that Halo 3 would coincide with the PS3 launch, he just said something along the lines of not being surprised if it did.

I'm glad Bungie stood up and said that Gates was mistaken and it'll be complete when its complete. Shows you they are taking their time with the game and it definitely shows in the real time trailer.

Yes, it does.

Bungie won't just abruptly end this one!

farmerfran said:
Yes, it does.

Bungie won't just abruptly end this one!

Did they promise that? 'cause if not, perhaps you shouldn't assume. ;)

CM Punk said:
dl_bkg.gif

So I guess Halo Wars was project Pheonix afterall.
That's more of an inside joke I'd say.

Phoenix was a fantasy game made by Bungie. Halo Wars is a sci-fi game made by Ensemble (who rules).

SO........NOTHING ELSE REALLY HAPPENED TODAY. WTF? :csad:

Yeah, all the big news was yesterday...

...The biggest news for me was GH2 coming to 360.

farmerfran said:
Yeah, all the big news was yesterday...

...The biggest news for me was GH2 coming to 360.

BUT........WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TODAY? WHY DIDN'T WE HEAR/SEE ANYTHING ABOUT 'FABLE 2', 'HALO 3', NEW HARDWARE/ACCESSORIES, HOLIDAY BUNDLES AND/OR NEW PRICING? THIS WAS THEIR LAST CHANCE BEFORE NOVEMBER TO REALLY GET THESE THINGS THE PUBLICITY THEY NEED/DESERVE. :huh:

There will be advertisements for GoW and the other huge titles. Those will mean more to the sales numbers.

CM Punk said:
Actually, tomorrow is their last chance.

NOPE.....TODAY WAS IT.

The Tokyo Games Show is the premier Xbox 360 showcase in the Land of The Rising Sun and we’re expecting plenty of announcements that will interest us as well as our friends in Japan. Then X06 is a two-day blowout in Barcelona on September 27 and 28, with all the biggest announcements and the hottest new games we can expect to see on our favourite console over the next year

I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE SINGLE NEW TRAILER, ANNOUNCEMENT, OR ANYTHING AT ALL FROM TODAY. :huh:

Well, still, I'd have to say it was a pretty successful event.

THWIP, Peter Molyneux talked about Fable 2 a little bit today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"