The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice play from Real to setup a great headed finish from Ronaldo which now makes the job very difficult for PSG. 4-1 on aggregate, they have to really go for it now.

PSG were disappointing tonight, they still look like imposters at Europe's top table. I thought Asensio and Kovacic did really well for Madrid given they are often on the fringes, and Ronnie comes up with another big goal in the CL knockout stages.

Same here. He got it totally wrong after throwing a strop and looked like a right mug in the interview after. Gave some total non-answers :woot:

He's an odd dude, to have two strikers on the bench and use a player at #9 who is clearly uncomfortable there was just making their job against an already superior team, even more difficult, and then he tries to make out that everyone calling him on it is stupid, like it was some kind of tactical brilliance that we are all too simple to fathom. :loco:

Last edited:
Yeah, without Neymar they don't look like they've got it at this level yet.

And everyone knows Conte ****ed up. It was a stupid strategy and he didn't really have any meaningful answers as to why he'd done it outside of having a strop. He's going to start feeling the pressure big time now as Utd are still picking up lucky wins lol and it's unlikely he's going to be able to get that Chelsea team matching the form of Liverpool or Spurs any time soon. It's like they assumed they were going to qualify halfway through the season and just called it a day ready for the summer. A guy I know who's a Chelsea fan was the same, with no concerns about qualification at all all this time even when there weren't many points in it. Bet he's not feeling quite so safe right now.

Looking forward to Spurs Vs Juventus today. 2-2 with 2 away goals in the first leg gives them a great chance. I think they can do it but it could be very tight.

City are already pretty much through.

Looking forward to Spurs Vs Juventus today. 2-2 with 2 away goals in the first leg gives them a great chance. I think they can do it but it could be very tight.

City are already pretty much through.

Spurs hopefully will just 'nudge' it.

I like the look of Spurs' front 6. Hope they can do it!

Son puts Spurs 1-0 up!! Atmosphere sounds great there. Not the greatest goal ever but who cares.

Bloody hell. The tie has turned completely now with Juve equalling it up on away goals after 2 goals in a few minutes. Spurs need 1 just to go level now.

All over. Spurs out, 4-3 on aggregate. The game changed with Juve’s double and Juve suddenly looked better and Spurs lost their composure. Shame as this was definitely winnable. Spurs have the ability. Maybe they need more experience.

Experience counts my friends. And Juve's experience in the European Cup is on another stratosphere compared to Spurs.

Yep. Learning curve for these boys. Good effort at least.

Interesting debate video I found on You Tube, discussing the best ever Premier League XI as from the BBC....

[YT]7hOaSFP3n0A[/YT]

I thought Spurs played well but that double strikein quick succession by Juve left them shellshocked and they couldn't recover, the formation switch from Allegri and that grizzly experienced backline were too much for Spurs, they couldn't cope with the spaces the width opened up for Juve's attack and then they couldn't penetrate that backline when they shut up shop after getting ahead.

Eriksen and Dembele were the standouts again for Spurs but I felt Kane didn't quite offer enough in behind and Dele was more fancy than effective, I'd have brought Lamela on earlier. For Juve Dybala showed his quality.

Interesting debate video I found on You Tube, discussing the best ever Premier League XI as from the BBC....

[YT]7hOaSFP3n0A[/YT]

Cheers for that, a good watch. :up:

I do enjoy those types of hypothetical 'all time team' discussions especially among former players I recall Vieira & Keane having one on a documentary a few years back.

There are so many quality players that have graced the Premiership & set it on fire it's extremely difficult to pick a best 11.

Spurs pulled a Spurs. Chiellini murdered them in his post game.

Joachim Low rumoured (more like speculated) as a possible Wenger replacement if he goes. And a possibility of Casillas coming to Newcastle on a free.

There's some life left in Arsenal. That or there's none left in AC Milan!

Final score: AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal (Mkhitaryan & Ramsey)

Prediction time: Arsenal collapse to a 3-1 defeat at home and still get knocked out…

Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"