The Original Trilogy General Discussion Thread.

redhawk23

Wrestlin'
Reaction score
Well then, Star Wars finally has its own section on the hype. Was this the case back before Revenge of the Sith came out as well?

Anyways its good to see.
starwarstrilogy.jpg

I'm starting this thread so that we can have a place to discuss anything at all related to the original trilogy.

What does Disney's purchase of Lucasfilms mean for the Original Trilogy?

Might the original releases of the film finally see the light of day?

I'd love to get the original theatrical versions on shiny glorious Blu-ray in the near future, I'm hoping the possibility of this new purchase can make that possible. I wonder if Fox owns home video distribution rights though.

Fox has the distribution rights until 2020. Either way, your main question shouldn't be "Would Disney/Fox to it?" but rather "Would Kennedy do it?".

Fox has the distribution rights until 2020. Either way, your main question shouldn't be "Would Disney/Fox to it?" but rather "Would Kennedy do it?".

2020?! :( I have faith they/she will give them to us eventually.

By all accounts it was George Lucas' doing that held up the suppression of the original cuts. For Fox, making an effort to release them in almost any capacity is one of the most sure fire double dips, or in this case it almost seems like a dectuple dip, of all time.

I can see Fox exploiting this opportunity. We will see the original cuts, remastered within a few years. I bet on it.

Yup :up:

If they manage to do what Coppola did with his Godfather Restoration with the original theatrical cuts of Star Wars, I might just forgive the prequels.

It's Kathleen Kennedy's decision on whether or not they would release it, and considering she was the co-ceo for years under Lucas, she might hold off for a while due to social politics - unless Alan Horn says "Let's do it".

Personally, I highly doubt Horn would allow it to be done now anyways. If they do it before 2020, they'll only get the profit Lucasfilm would have received, but if they wait until distribution rights end up back in their hands, they'll get 100% of the profit.

Wow, very cool to finally have a Star Wars section.

For the record, while Fox's rights for most of Star Wars ends in 2020, they own A New Hope in perpetuity.

Additionally, I've never before seen this photo.

mark-hamill-carrie-fisher.jpg

So who shot C3PO at Cloud City in 'Empire'. If it was a Stormtrooper, why did he sound like Frank Oz?

Seems like most wasted their money on the complete saga blu-ray withoutout having to :oldrazz:

Because he was voiced by him?:oldrazz:

Wait a minute. So in ANH and ROJ, they sound like normal dudes, but in Empire Stormtroopers sound like muppets? Because Empire is the only Star Wars OT film where they were all mutes.

Remember, they're not clones anymore. That was one random dude.

So that one Stormtrooper sounded like a muppet? I suppose. He probably was made fun of by his peers. Poor guy.

I think they shot him after he shot 3PO. Just for s**ts and giggles.

He's REALLY unlucky, what with their marksman skills and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"