The Prequel Trilogy General Discussion and Appreciation Thread

I wouldn't read much into it. It's basically the order of the credits that were on the original poster in 1999.

And also the fact of people in 2024 recognising that the Jar Jar is character is more of a repellant than a draw.

It's hardly like the tagline's gonna be: Phantom Menace re-release! Come for the memes, stay for the Jar Jar!

I will say, the poster is a big step up from the 2012 3D rerelease.

1707588302955.png

I wouldn't read much into it. It's basically the order of the credits that were on the original poster in 1999.
ok, i didn't know that, but you'd think they'd put his name on the poster now, given that he was talking about feeling depressed and suicidal after the bad reaction to his character.
It's not a bad poster and better than that 3d one drizzle just posted, and i wouldn't really want to see jar jar binks on the poster, just the actor's name.

ok, i didn't know that, but you'd think they'd put his name on the poster now, given that he was talking about feeling depressed and suicidal after the bad reaction to his character.
It's not a bad poster and better than that 3d one drizzle just posted, and i wouldn't really want to see jar jar binks on the poster, just the actor's name.
The cast listing on the poster was set in stone since 1999 but it is curious that Ahmed Best wasn't on there in the first place since Jar Jar has a bigger part than most of the characters besides Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Padme and Anakin.

It is kind of funny that Darth Maul was so over-emphasized, as the main thing that was liked/could draw in.

I do remember first watching as a kid in 1999 being surprised and yet not really disappointed that Obi-Wan had a pretty small supporting role in the film, I thought that he initially had a minor and antagonistic relationship with Anakin actually fit in with that actually *a lot* of what he said in the OT had been lies, was not a big fan of him ever since the end of Empire.

I was also wondering, could Clones have been better if part of it had been a considerable faction of Naboo actually wanting to join the Separatists. And/or if Tatooine had had a connection to the Separatists (I did think Geonosis looked a lot, a little too much, like Tatooine).

Oof… speaking of Maul.

I'm a hopeless romantic, so "Attack of the Clones" is my favorite of the prequels. Hayden and Natalie were so great together, and even in Anakin's conflict about his mother, Hayden sold all those moments completely. The scene where he tells Padme about the Tuskens is extremely well-done; you can see in his eyes the beginnings of Darth Vader. John Williams' score was tremendous as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"