The Original Trilogy General Discussion Thread.

For all the Star Wars experts out there, do you guys know how much time lapsed between TESB and ROTJ? Also, how did Luke get so good in that time? He was pretty badass at the beginning of Jedi compared to the end of Empire. Did he train on his own? I’m assuming he didn’t go back to Yoda during that time because we see that in Jedi when Yoda dies.

For all the Star Wars experts out there, do you guys know how much time lapsed between TESB and ROTJ? Also, how did Luke get so good in that time? He was pretty badass at the beginning of Jedi compared to the end of Empire. Did he train on his own? I’m assuming he didn’t go back to Yoda during that time because we see that in Jedi when Yoda dies.

It's about a year in canon I believe. Growing up I assumed it was longer because of how much Luke seemed to have changed. In my head it feels more natural to have it be 3 like it was in real life. ROTJ implies that Luke hadn't returned to Yoda until that film so he must have trained alone I spose.

It's about a year in canon I believe. Growing up I assumed it was longer because of how much Luke seemed to have changed. In my head it feels more natural to have it be 3 like it was in real life. ROTJ implies that Luke hadn't returned to Yoda until that film so he must have trained alone I spose.

Oh I thought it was only 6 months but a year makes more sense given his improvement.

Oh I thought it was only 6 months but a year makes more sense given his improvement.

Reading into it further, it looks a little vague. There is some EU that had the gap as 6 months. According to the in-universe calendar, the films are a year apart, but that could vary depending on the months each took place, ha

I'm sure Jodie Foster would have done a great job as Leia but it's probably for the best that she didn't take the role because she would have been a little too young. She's 20 years younger than Harrison Ford so those scenes in Empire would have been awkward to watch.

That's ingenious. Would genuinely love it if they resorted to that sort of tactic for every form of television commercial. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"