The Penguin Casting Thread

Jason Alexander would be a cuckoo bananas choice and I wouldn't have the guts for it if it was my call. But it would also be a major shot of adrenaline and it'd get me off-the-carts excited.

A little on the older side, but if we want an actor with some comedic background:

latest

Funnily enough I was thinking about him as penguin as I was driving home from work yesterday. But the real question is what chance does Josh Gad have now?....

Albert Brooks was my favorite for the role for a while. Go watch the Uncut Gems trailer! Sandler really reminds me of Brooks there.

Sandler is by far my favorite choice for this right now. He can do drama and I’m confident he could be an intimidating Penguin.
Anyone not sold on Sandler as a legitimate actor is simply uneducated. He has talent that extends beyond comedy.

For a movie like this, I feel Sandler would want too much money anyway.

Havent thought about ricky gervais, interesting idea however...but i dont think he could be sadistic convincing.
To me Penguin always has this sadistic vibe and look in him...thats a bit harder to pull off imo.
Its why im drifting towards andy serkis, he has that down.

Question about Jonah Hill, dont know if the 10 million and all is just rumor and so on...but has he done something in the past that would warrant even close to such a sum for him to act?
I dont really have any movie with him on the radar in recent times.

MV5BZDNlMDRkZDktNWIwNy00NzA2LWI4NWEtZDA5ZmE0MzYzMmNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjA3MDk2MDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1502,1000_AL_.jpg

I doubt he'd even be on Wb's radar due to not being a big enough name, and I'd probably want a more well known actor too personally, but Janos Slynt certainly captures Oswalds off putting qualities.

Last edited:
Please don't cast people from GoT, it will give people bad flashbacks lol

He looks so much like Joaquin Phoenix lol. He's a bit old but if Reeves decides to go with an older Penguin he'd be a great choice.

He does look a bit like Phoenix, yeah.

This gets me every time. I could totally see Penguin evoking the same reaction when Batman is in his face.

This movie also had Tim Blake Nelson, one of the leads of the new Watchmen lol

Okay now I only want Jason Alexander as Penguin.

Serenity now!!!

He looks so much like Joaquin Phoenix lol. He's a bit old but if Reeves decides to go with an older Penguin he'd be a great choice.

Jack NIcholson was as old as Stuhlberg when he was the Joker. The Penguin doesn't need to be young. In fact, none of these villains need to be young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"