The perfect scene?

The ending to Spider-Man was perfect I thought. The shot of him flying up and landing on the flagpole was amazing.

Best part of spiderman 3 was when Mary Jane broke up With peter parker, then like the girly man he is instead of taking it like a man he cried and said everything he could to make her change her mind.

Absolute favorite scene...when harry died in peter's arm. The music, the image, i loved it.

My absolute favorite scene is the mirror scene with Norman/Goblin in part 1. Dafoe's acting really made that scene spectacular. But in terms of everything working together in a scene, without a doubt it's Birth of Sandman. The f/x were perfect, the lighting and motion of the 'sand', and the music really captured the emotion of it all.

The fight between dark Peter and Harry at the mansion. BEST SCENE IN THE TRILOGY. I don't know why, but it's probably the first time I've really hated someone in a Spider-Man movie and wanted him to get his ass kicked.

The montage was hilarious and is probably my favorite scene. My favorite scene specifically is the part where he puts his feet up on the desk and jonah gives him that look.

The best scene? I think the best scene is the sandman scene where he is first forming. No doubt.

There are no perfect scenes in this film...

you name one, i could point a flaw in it.

Fights were bad, story was badly implemented, it just alll came off worse than the alien saga symbiote story in tas...

when cartoons are telling better stories than multimillion pound films, then you know something's wrong...

I will however say the first teaser trailer is pretty much spot on perfect and all those lil snippets were a joy to watch, you actually thought they were going to completely nail the story but alas...
lol perfect post

Is there a "perfect scene?" Not really. But I think the one scene in the trilogy that will go down as iconic is the upside down kiss and Peter crawling up the wall for the first time in SM1.

What is probably the best of the series? Everything between the train fight to closing credits in SM2 was as close to perfection as a superhero movie has ever gotten.

In SM3 I suppose the first Harry battle, Sandman's birth, the crane disaster, and the church scene all stand out as top notch just really well done sequences with some drama in them, though not amazing (save maybe the birth of Sandman scene).

I will say I think the first hour of SM3 is pretty damn good and the second hour+ is not as bad as people claim it to be.

when peter goes out of the jazz club and the church scene

Is there a "perfect scene?" Not really. But I think the one scene in the trilogy that will go down as iconic is the upside down kiss and Peter crawling up the wall for the first time in SM1.

What is probably the best of the series? Everything between the train fight to closing credits in SM2 was as close to perfection as a superhero movie has ever gotten.

In SM3 I suppose the first Harry battle, Sandman's birth, the crane disaster, and the church scene all stand out as top notch just really well done sequences with some drama in them, though not amazing (save maybe the birth of Sandman scene).

I will say I think the first hour of SM3 is pretty damn good and the second hour+ is not as bad as people claim it to be.

The problem I had with the crane scene was that there were huge chunks of cement flying everywhere, but Spider-man only saved Gwen. Spider-man left shortly after saving Gwen while the crane operator was still trapped and people might have been buried under cement. And how could a crane cut through a building made of cement and metal like a knife cutting through butter?
Of course, I do tend to look too much into details ;)

Otherwise, I agree with the other scenes. Harry was perfect in this movie.

Harry's subplot is what saved the movie IMO. It is a flawed but decent and extremely entertaining piece of escapism, that is held afloat by Peter's rivalry turned ugly, turned warming turned REALLY ugly and back again in this movie. A little soap opera-ish, but so are the comics and it gave the movie a resonance that other mega hits of the summer (coughTransformers,Pirates3,Shrek3andFF2cough) did not have. But the first two were hands down superior as was other summer fare this year (Bourne Ultimatum, Superbad, Knocked Up, Ratatouille, Harry Potter 5 all come to mind), not to mention a half a dozen classics released in the last 4 months or so.

On a side note, I stand by that the upside down kiss and Peter first climbing up the alley wall in SM1 are iconic moments that define the franchise, superhero movies and comic books now in general to modern audiences, IMO. They will stand the test of time as iconic moments in pop culture. While I think SM2 (and BB for that matter) is a better movie, those will be the two moments most remembered about this comic book craze this decade.

Best part of spiderman 3 was when Mary Jane broke up With peter parker, then like the girly man he is instead of taking it like a man he cried and said everything he could to make her change her mind.
ahahahaha

fo shizzle the train scene is so bad ass

The entire second movie...

great collection of scenes...they're the best ever.
:)

In SM3 I suppose the first Harry battle, Sandman's birth, the crane disaster, and the church scene all stand out as top notch just really well done sequences with some drama in them.

I will agree that these scenes were extremely well done, but the perfect scene to me was when Harry and Peter are trying to save MJ when she falls in the Final Battle. I love the music in the scene.

My favorite scene? probably the last scene, with Peter and MJ. I just love it.

Peter waking up on the skyscraper with the black suit on him for the first time was awesome, too.

Peter vs Harry at the Mansion

With their suits underneath the both of them, like they have both become so black that their human personas are now the masks, and that their secret identities are really Spiderman and The Goblin at this point. The jazz influenced music is great, and I love the taunting that they go back and forth with. Not to mention that it's definately the most brutal fight in the film, and also the best paced.

Perfect I say! Perfect!

With their suits underneath the both of them, like they have both become so black that their human personas are now the masks, and that their secret identities are really Spiderman and The Goblin at this point. The jazz influenced music is great, and I love the taunting that they go back and forth with. Not to mention that it's definately the most brutal fight in the film, and also the best paced.

Perfect I say! Perfect!

I agree. This is my favourite scene in the movie.

Perfect I say! Perfect!
1000% agreed just wish the fight was a little longer that's all...

loved when he said I protected you in high school, now im gonna kick your scrawny little ass.

greatest scene in comic book history, dream sequence in spider-man 2 with uncle ben. im not gonna lie, i was close to tears...(ok u just didnt hear me say that)

well its the truth haha

best scene for s3, i'd say birth of sandman, one of the most interesting and intriguing displays of special effects (or science) for a while

capture_09112006_194348.jpg

o and sandman hiding in that truck bed of sand, i know there was that sand and stone store nearby, but honestly when is a villian who needs sand gonna come across that much sand parked in new york city. still one of the best parts of the movie though haha

capture_11112006_053527.jpg

I agree. This is my favourite scene in the movie.

I will say it is the one scene in the movie that lived up to the tone of the trailer (besides the church scene). Peter Parker's good natured soul is completely gone and seeing Peter and Harry fight is not so much epicly sad and tragic (which Lucas went for and somehow succeeded with Obi-Wan vs. Anakin in Ep. III), but more grim, depressing and pathetic. Here are two friends who have lost their humanity. And at the end when Peter pours salt on Harry's mental wounds and then blows up his face. damn.

I mean that scene was the darkness people were looking for. But was followed within 3-4 minutes with him dancing down the street and then another dance scene and it just was so much comedy in the "dark side" part of the movie it left a bad taste in people's mouths. I thought the dancing was hilarious out of context and would work great in a comedy or a good (not they exist anymore) spoof of Spider-Man. But in context was just too campy and broad. I think if it had been black-suited action with a somewhat dark black comedy tone at what he is doing for the montage, the dance in the club wouldn't have been overkill and would have worked as the comic relief between the darker moments.

My 2 cents. I still like the movie though and do not hate it. IN fact I think this tonal shift problem at the end of the second act is not nearly the film's biggest problem but just a sampling of the pacing issues the movie suffered (maybe Raimi's 2.5 hour cut would have remedied this) and I think the beginning of the third act is much more hobbled together.

Perfect I say! Perfect!
I liked that scene too, the only thing I hated was when Harry lunged Peter with the dagger, you don't really see it have any sort of affect on their battle. Also, I would've like to have seen the symbiote force the blade out of Peter when Harry sorta struggled to lunge it in deeper. My favourite scene(which is probably on everyone's Top 3 list who've seen Spider-Man 3) is the "Birth of Sandman" sequence; the music, special effects, the emotion, everything. Fantastic. Best part of the film, if the movie would've produced more sequences like so it would have been better than it turned out to be.

Peter/Harry Team up.

Harry shows up right when Spider-Man is about to bite it. And then you know what's going happen. It's just like..."Yes...Yes...YES!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"