The PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread

Hmmm I'm considering reviewing this on my radio show in a couple of weeks. What's the online like? Is it only 4 players per match, Smash Bros style? Is there a lobby system?
The online is pretty fun. You can do free for all or 2v2. All my matches have had 4 players so Im not sure if you can do less. I imagine you can. I dont think there was a lobby. You just select your character and it searches for players

I like it- haven't tried the online yet.
I think the fighting system- that is, using special kill moves- is very creative, and preferable to smash bros, "toss em off stage" method.
While it copied a lot of the right stuff, it's disappointing it doesn't have a custom stage option. I found that to be brawls best addition, as it gave you practically unlimited options for play.
Also missed is the more detailed fight stats and such.
But yeah, really great character move sets and choices.

Just won a code for this on Saturday from the trivia contest Sony was holding last week. SO much fun! If anyone wants to play this online with me at some point, my PSN name is in my sig below.

My score: 9/10

To download the entire game digitally.

I really, really like this game. I was expecting it to sell semi-okay but it turns out it just scrapped into the top 40 at 38 in the UK this week :(

I really, really like this game. I was expecting it to sell semi-okay but it turns out it just scrapped into the top 40 at 38 in the UK this week :(

I thought the delay would hurt it. Releasing the week of Thanksgiving was a bad idea. It should have came out last month or the week before CoD. Last week? Bad move Sony. Most major releases from this year were discounted heavily. Why buy this at $60 when you can buy several games for $15-$25 a piece? I'm sure the BF discounts ate into any potential sales this may have received

I want this game to sell well enough to warrant a sequel. I'll try to get it this Friday. I seriously couldn't afford this after buying a Wii U plus two Wii U games. This was just bad timing.

I think you level up way too fast in this game. Playing one match and you can jump 6-10 levels. I wish there was more to do with this though. I would have loved more in terms of customizing your character

Hmm... I wasn't even aware this game was out yet. As someone who goes out of my way to keep my finger on the pulse of the game industry, I think that speaks volumes about Sony's marketing.

It's sad about the sales, but I saw this coming a mile away. I was initially pretty excited about the game, but as more and more of the roster was unveiled, the whole thing really began to reek of "half-assed" in my opinion.

I half agree. The problem is the game shows its true colours in Dante and Raiden. All of the history of those franchises on PS3 and that's what they give us. All of Capcom and Konami's storied partnerships with Sony and that's what they put out.

I'd really like to know if Sega were approached. The biggest omissions in the game, for me, are Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza characters. The Crash/Spyro stuff is obviously a crime but Sony are powerless to do anything about that.

But at the same time there are glimmers that Superbot really did want to give us a roster worthy of rivaling Smash Bros. The PS1 platformer love is genuinely appreciated as is the current sweep of PlayStation icons. And the stages? I think they really shine - Locorocos fighting Metal Gear Ray, Patapons vs Hades, Hydras in Metropolis, all really cool ideas. Of course for everyone one of those there's a BioShock Infinite level.

Oh but I completely think a sequel is on the way, despite the sales. I think Sony will definitely want to establish this franchise quickly on PS4 and add to it. I want it to come too, as with a few presentational improvements, All-Stars really could have been something.

I have to day I'm impressed with the stages. I thought they were. Bit bland and static in the first beta but the ones in the game show a lot more character and variation. I especially love the LocoRoco and Infamous ones bc they are more nontraditional.

I also agree that this is definetly getting a sequel. They laid out an amazing foundation which they can only build up on. I don't see them abandoning it

Seriously, does it cost anything to put a demo on the store?
I'd like to try it, but as it is right now, I couldn't care less about the game.

Seriously, does it cost anything to put a demo on the store?
I'd like to try it, but as it is right now, I couldn't care less about the game.
It cost money to put resources into creating a demo. And there is the bandwith costs associated with hosting and downloading. I think they had the beta available to all last month as a way to get people to try the game out before purchase. Maybe an actual demo will come down the line but none announced that Im aware of

That was a terrible wish list. A lot of the characters just seem so bland.

Lucas Kane from Fahrenheight/Indigo Prophecy is a muuuuuch better choice than any Heavy Rain character.

I think this game is a lot of fun. I'm really impressed with how unique each character feels. In that regard, it's much better than Smash Bros.

I do think it's missing a bit of variety though, in terms of the options and game types. Smash Bros was a full game with a lot of features, features that this game is lacking.

On the plus side though, it looks like they're going to support this game with a lot of cool free updates and patches, starting next week when they add a new item. That's something Smash Bros could never do.

I'm really annoyed that two people can't sign in on the one console though. My flatmate has to play as 'Wolvieboy (1)' even if we're just doing offline versus. Huge oversight. Means he can't use his leveled up characters or his alternate skins or anything.

Anybody want to play me in twelve hours from now (whatever your timezone is)? I get off by then. PSN WolfCypher.

Damn thought the $20 was for the PS3 version. I would have jumped at that with the Vita cross buy but with so many games to play ill hold off for a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"