The PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread

If this game has Sir Dan in it, I'm buying it.

Believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sir-dan.jpg

Kratos vs Sackboy, I'm sold!:D:up:

P.S. Sackboy wins of course!:o:oldrazz::D

The game looks absolutely terrible from a visual standpoint. The characters don't "pop", they look horribly bland.

Still, looking forward to seeing who else shows up in this.

this game could be ok

i guess i was expecting something similar to the new Mortal Kombat in regards to fighting style. but it does look like a Super Smash Bros. ripoff. i'll still give it a chance though.

The job post that first leaked this game made it sound like they wanted people who enjoy fighting games in general. But this is just Brawl with different characters. When you consider how unique this could've been, that's pretty disappointing.

One plus: Sweet Tooth's interpretation looks very faithful. Props to SuperBot for that.

I was expecting something at least a tad bit unique. While I expected a lot of Smash Bros. elements, I didn't think that I would be literally looking at Smash Bros.
IA with Hippie. I just saw the clip and am dissapointed. I was hoping that it would be something more like Powerstone which had its gameplay exist on a 3D level, not a 2D plane.

This is actually a 2.5D plane.

I'm not too surprised they went with the SSB route over the traditional 2D or 3D fighters actually. It's a style and game that Sony lacks in it's portfolio. Also, we only see the SSB influence aesthetically. We still don't know about controls or other things that could make the game stand out. They have had 2.5 years and assembled a team with a lot of Fighting tourney vets, so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Edit:

Here's IGN's article:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223840p1.html

Last edited:
It seems fun I guess, but I'd like to see more before deciding that it's a must have. The roster so far doesn't seem bad.

When will IGN reveal their PS3 exclusive, or was it just the coverage of this game?

It seems fun I guess, but I'd like to see more before deciding that it's a must have. The roster so far doesn't seem bad.

When will IGN reveal their PS3 exclusive, or was it just the coverage of this game?
What kind of roster did you expect? We only have a few characters revealed, all obvious choices who should be in this. Plenty more left to reveal and Sony has alot of franchises to pick from. I dont see a single bad choice from whats been shown so far

IGN's "exclusive" was this game. Pretty lame on their part.

The game looks absolutely terrible from a visual standpoint. The characters don't "pop", they look horribly bland.

Still, looking forward to seeing who else shows up in this.

I didn't want to say anything because I have no real interest in the game, but I kind of agree. It has a very sterile look to it.

Yeah, I noticed that in Sly, who really looks kinda bad compared to his usual cell-shaded self.

That said, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm pretty pumped for this game. I'm a life-long PlayStation fan and grew up with a lot of the characters that will be involved.

We've always dreamed of a PlayStation Smash Bros so I think it's a bit silly to shun it when it looks exactly like Smash Bros. that game is PERFECT four-player multiplayer. If anything, the changes they've made to the formula here worry me more than how similar it looks to, what I think is, probably the best local multiplayer game of the generation (and last generation and the one before that).

But, eh, I get that people aren't interested. I want Vincent from Catherine with a nightmare as a playable level and KAZUMA KIRYU and I'm all in.

Kazuma is cool and everything, but they need Shun Akiyama in there.

Kazuma's the star of the series. If anyone gets in, it will be him. Anyone else is secondary and not vital

Live a little, Havok!

I almost typed Akiyama in there instead. That would be wholly wonderful. Or Majima and he just mutilates everyone.

Also, KORGANS. Thousands of them.

I love the idea that the levels are an amagalm of two worlds. What an intereting idea

I hope there are more than just pallette swaps in this. If more than 1 person select a character I hope there are multiple costumes which range across the various games these characters appear in

Looks like paulgalenetwork.com was right on the mark this whole time. Pretty cool.

Jame Bond is a character he says will be in the game as well.

Q9] Which James Bond actor is being considered for the game and why the character at all?
A9] Part one of the question, Daniel Craig. Before going into part two, my recommendation is to have multiple skins that represent the other James Bond actors including Pierce Brosnan, Timothy Dalton, Roger Moore, George Lazenby, and Sean Connery. As for why, as you may know, Sony is helping MGM make the next James Bond film which is expected to see release in 2012. Similar to God of War 4 possibly debuting in 2012 as well, wouldn’t you want to time a game of this magnitude just right, to mesh well with your other properties? You can hopefully start to see the brilliance in how things come together.

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...ding-title-fight-sonys-smash-bros-competitor/

Last edited:
So it's basically just Smash Bros.? Eh... I don't know.

Bitmob has this about the gameplay:

“The first thing I think fighting fans will notice is you’re not knocking players off the stage,” lead combat designer Paul Edwards told me. “The second is there’s no health bar.” These two points make a significant difference in how players win in PlayStation All-Stars.

At one point, I was trying to get my fighter, Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal, onto a platform while my opponent, Sly Cooper, kept knocking me off whenever I got close. This brought back all kinds of traumatic, exclusionary memories from playing Smash Bros. Then, he stopped -- probably realizing that this isn’t the same kind of game. It’s not like he would eventually send me flying into oblivion since no one is keeping track of health.

Instead, the focus is on smacking your foes around to build up your super meter. Once, say, PaRappa karate chops Radec and Fat Princess enough, he can unleash a special attack. These range from three degrees of intensity. His ultimate move is a performance of that “I gotta believe” song from the original PlayStation title that instantly takes out all the other characters. This scoring method effectively frames the contest around who can rack up the most kills by making the best use of their special attacks.

http://bitmob.com/articles/3-ways-playstation-all-stars-isnt-a-smash-bros-clone

What kind of roster did you expect? We only have a few characters revealed, all obvious choices who should be in this. Plenty more left to reveal and Sony has alot of franchises to pick from. I dont see a single bad choice from whats been shown so far

Why are you concluding that I'm complaining? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"