The Prequel Trilogy General Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episodes I - III' started by Doc Ock, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

While I like the new trilogy, they just are doing their own version of the OG trilogy and putting us right in the middle of the war instead of building up to it like the prequels did.

2. TheVileOne Registered

I'm not sure he deserves the credit for some of the gaping plot holes he created in the universe.

3. dax Registered

What plot holes? The only legitimate plot hole that Lucas created is the "Leia remembering her mom" part. Any other plot hole could be explained that it's either a misquote ("I don't remember ever owning a droid") or a pack of lies ("he betrayed and murdered your father").

4. TheVileOne Registered

The Jedi using the illegally made Clone army that used the assassin they were tracking and trying to arrest as their template. Same assassin they tracked down to Geonosis working for the Separatists AND Count Dooku. Jango Fett even tells Obi-Wan Kenobi he never heard of Sifo Dyas and was recruited by "Darth Tyranus." A clone army that was commissioned for the Republic by a dead Jedi who did "not have the council's authorization."

Also, Padme losing the will to live. She died of a broken heart.

And midichlorians.

5. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Those are not plot holes lol

I Am The Knight likes this.
  6. Bim Registered

Man, the childish SW fans need to realize the damage their harshness can cause for others. It's more than fine to dislike a character,a movie, a director but the way some go about it can be so damaging.

7. TheVileOne Registered

Yes they are.

8. TheVileOne Registered

Let's start by nuking Twitter and Facebook.

Bim likes this.
  9. Bim Registered

Man, i've been very removed from my love of Star Wars lately, and this past weekend i came across ROTS on tv and it got me all nostalgic. It reminded me of my love for a galaxy far, far away, so i'll be doing a revisit next weekend, starting with I.

Doctor Jones likes this.
  10. GuestStar2004 Registered

11. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Doing a Star Wars marathon in anticipation of TROS. Just finished AOTC. Man, That Geonosis battle is just Star Wars heaven.

AVEITWITHJAMON likes this.
  12. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

The Phantom Menace was released 20 years ago today. I'll never forget the hype around it.

[​IMG]

13. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I might be the only human being on Earth, but I still kind of love TPM. I have so many issues with the prequels, and don't find them to be good movies. But I will always have a soft spot for TPM. That opening, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, podracing, a new part of Tatooine, Keira Knightley randomly being in Star Wars (I didn't know this until years later obviously, but she is in it more the you think and actually speaks multiple times), Palpatine, Zod, and of course that duel. By the gods, that duel. Also, I really like the look of the film.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Podracing was better than I remembered it :funny: And I also love the short Qui-Gon - Maul duel in Tatooine.

15. Closerframe Registered

I just rewatched Attack of the Clones for the first time in over ten years and dear god, it’s much worse than I remember.

TheVileOne likes this.
  16. TheVileOne Registered

So much about Attack of the Clones just doesn't work for me. I think the building blocks are there, but so much just gets fumbled in terms of writing, plotting and performance wise.

Like I want to take Anakin and Padme seriously. You have that amazing new John Williams theme, but their dialogue and interaction is just so awkward and stilted. Leia and Han were not this stilted in the prequels.

I remember first seeing the movie in theaters and everyone just constantly laughing at the awkwardness of Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman's performances.

Is it any wonder fans like the Clone Wars more? Yeah because Lucas didn't direct them and you don't have some of the most awkward stilted acting performances ever.

And then the CG. Everything just looks so fake. Everything's rendered via computer and just looks so overly clean and static or pixelated.

17. Daltonio Avi Arad's Sidekick

18. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Neeson proud to be a Jedi.

19. MadVillainy C'mon Son

As annoying as Jar Jar was, yeah Best got way too much hate. So did Jake Lloyd...and KMT...and George Lucas.

No reason to get that much vitrol for doing a movie especially when it's not like they're insulting people over it