The Force Awakens Will the Star Wars formula be applied to the new trilogy?

zman

Civilian
Reaction score
Unlike most of you guys I'm no Star Wars connaisseur, but I love the univers. That being said, I recal there are very deliberate parallels between the original trilogy and the prequels... which begs a question I'm surprised I haven't heard much yet: what about the new movies?

For exemple, will a jedi master be defeated just like in IV and I?...Is this Luke's final showdown? discuss!

As long as Luke dies of old age in the third one Yoda style. I'm good. The rest of the gang can go out in blazes of glory. But the more important questions are. Who yells nooooo & who says I've Got A Bad Feeling About This

Last edited:
I'm all for it as long as it has the mandatory Boba Fett appearance shoehorned somewhere.

is there a site somewhere that lists what are these moments found in both trilogies?

Last edited:
is there a site somewhere that lists what are these moments found in both trilogies?

I can name several....

Luke goes to learn the ways of the force...Anakin likewise...

Someone is cut in half by a lightsaber...Kenobi/Maul

Bad Guys, Hunt the good guys...

A Master takes on an apprentice...

In space the bad guys base is blown up...

Three major settings visited & a space battle or two...

Heroes forced to use the help of a questionable stranger...Han/Watto/Anakin

Heroes on the run, in need of transport off world...

Heroes possess something the villains desire...Death Star Plans/Queen Amidala

A Hero dies at the end, while the Villain escapes, though his henchman dies...Vader-Tarkin/Palpatine-Maul

A hero leaves home to go on an adventure...

a female hero is introduced...

seeds of romance are planted...

Good guys are out numbered by bad guys...

Im sure there are more....

To me, JJ loving the original trilogy as we know he does, its hard to believe he won't be influenced at all by any of these.

I have a couple: a master is killed in front of their student (Qui-Gon dies in front of Obi-Wan in TPM and Ben dies in front of Luke in ANH).

The bad guy always has a helper (Sidious had Darth Maul, Count Dooku and General Grievous in the PT, and he had Vader, Tarkin in the OT).

I had started a thread a while back about lines from the saga that mirror each other that no one really cared much about :hehe:. It's kinda related to what you're discussing so feel free to check it out http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=452889. We can discuss this stuff there if you want, cause i love this stuff :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"