The Prequel Trilogy General Discussion and Appreciation Thread

He did direct a couple pretty important movies before 1977. They're called THX 1138 and American Graffiti. But hey, let's keep beating a dead horse and a retired Lucas.

In Lucas' defense a lot of directors loose their touch with success. Spielberg for example definitely isn't the same man he was in his youth.

He did direct a couple pretty important movies before 1977. They're called THX 1138 and American Graffiti. But hey, let's keep beating a dead horse and a retired Lucas.

Oh and those 2 were such acclaimed successes weren't they? ANH was the only 'great' film he's ever done. 30-40 years in the business and you have 1 'great' film under your belt. Every dog has its day as they say. Can't say the same for Scorcese, Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Kubrick, Coppola, Mann, Kerschner etc. He gives the ideas and lets people who know what they're doing do the rest. Simple.

Oh and those 2 were such acclaimed successes weren't they?

American Graffiti?

Nominated for 5 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay.

Box Office: Adjusted for inflation: Ranked #44

Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

:whatever:

American Graffiti?

Nominated for 5 Academy Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay.

Box Office: Adjusted for inflation: Ranked #44

Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

:whatever:

American Graffiti? Give me Grease any day of the week lol

In all seriousness, 'Americana' films just ain't my cup of tea (though saying that I thought 'Stand by Me' was very good. But that was just a great story rather than a homage to 50's Americana. I still stick by my previous statement that the only truly 'great' film Lucas has done is ANH. It's THE film that defined him, that made him known for who is today. The creator of Star Wars.

Oh man, i wanted to see the asteroid chase in 3-D, and now other will see it while i wont! :cmad: :csad:

580293_10151398162456787_1050508996_n.jpg

http://www.starwarscelebration.eu/Whats-Happening/Events-A-H/Attack-of-the-Clones-in-3D/

World-Exclusive Screening of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones in 3D at Star Wars Celebration Europe

Another reason Star Wars Celebration Europe is the destination for Star Wars fans this summer: it will feature exclusive screeningsof Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones in 3D!

With a new focus on the production of Star Wars: Episode VII, Lucasfilm had postponed a wide release of its 3D edition. Now, for an extremely limited engagement, July 26-28, Star Wars fans from around the world attending the Celebration event in Essen, Germany can see Attack of the Clones in 3D. Fans will experience iconic moments from the film like never before, including the thrilling chase scenes on the city-covered planet of Coruscant, the intense ground battles on the rocky terrain of Geonosis, and the first-ever lightsaber duel featuring Jedi Master Yoda.

Everyone who attends one of the special Attack of the Clones 3D screenings, currently scheduled for each day of the show, will receive a pair of souvenir 3D glasses. RealD®, sponsor of the Digital Stage, has created these glasses exclusively for the 3D screenings at Celebration Europe.

Hmm.. I was never a hater of the prequels until EIII.
Let's see, I really liked the first one, specifically because of Natalie Portman & I think my favorite scene was the festival at the end. I love the music in that scene, plus they're celebrating coexistence between two different races. It's a great ending :)

I still love The Phantom Menace. The lightsaber duel at the end with "Duel Of The Fates" playing. It's one of my favorite moments of the PT.

Say what you want about Jar Jar Binks or Gungans in general, but their underwater cities are awesome.

JarJar sucks. But Gungans as a species rule. And Otoh Gunga was one beautiful set piece.

What put me into Star Wars as a kid was Episode III, but as i grow up more and more i see the flaws in the prequels. The Clone Wars and the Expanded universe in a way makes up for that.

What put me into Star Wars as a kid was Episode III, but as i grow up more and more i see the flaws in the prequels. The Clone Wars and the Expanded universe in a way makes up for that.
I see the flaws in the OT and i grew up with them. I still love them. For me, there are maybe one or two films ever that i consider perfect. None of the SW movies are among them. But SW are mt favorite movies by far, and the ones that have captured my imagination the most :yay:

I would of loved to see Episode II in 3D, it was the only prequel I never saw in theaters. It actually is my favorite of the Prequels, I don't know why but I've also loved the way the world is presented in it. Same as in TPM.

Had you gone to Celebration Europe you would have been able to. I believe they showed AOTC in 3-D there. I was excited for the 3-D releases for all six movies. I think each one has at least a couple of sequences that would kick serious butt in 3-D, but sadly we didnt get the chance to see them :csad:

It would of been wonderful to see them all in theaters again, I saw TPM and enjoyed it even if the 3D was sub-par. Plus the cool glasses.

I just found out that Ray Park never voiced Darth Maul in TPM? The voice was dubbed over? I know he only had a few lines, but I thought that was quite interesting.

I thought that was common knowledge. Peter Serafinowicz did the voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"