The Prequel Trilogy General Discussion and Appreciation Thread

I just found out that Ray Park never voiced Darth Maul in TPM? The voice was dubbed over? I know he only had a few lines, but I thought that was quite interesting.
Indeed. I only noticed once i really payed attention to the making of TPM documentary on the dvd's. Ray's talking sounded a bit different than Maul. Then i read online it wasnt him and i confirmed it. But it took me a while.

Lol @ the people saying the prequels are equel to the OT or "the OT had flaws too, you know" - they don't got a clue about the basics of storytelling / ever really looked at how the respective trilogies do their job in that regard.

But then again, depends what you're into ;)

Lol @ the people saying the prequels are equel to the OT or "the OT had flaws too, you know" - they don't got a clue about the basics of storytelling / ever really looked at how the respective trilogies do their job in that regard.

You could try respecting the opinions of others, even if you disagree with them. The snarky rudeness of your post is certainly not impressing anyone, so I suggest you drop this particular attitude here.

Wrong thread.

Been listening to the ROTS score again (all the SW scored tbh lol), and i just love this one, from Padme´s death. I found this cool video that translates the words from Sanskrit, very cool. I never knew what they meant until now:

[YT]m3KpEMyl-oY[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3KpEMyl-oY

I recently stumbled upon this book, and it's making quite the interesting read: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786471816/ref=pe_240380_32739800_nrn_title

The Star Wars Heresies: Interpreting the Themes, Symbols and Philosophies of Episodes I, II and III

Book Description:
Despite the insatiable public appetite for all things Star Wars, the more analytical side of the saga is all too often ignored. This book offers a new way of seeing George Lucas' space opera--particularly the prequel trilogy, a series never given a fair chance because of constant comparisons to the iconic originals. In the classic style of Joseph Campbell, the trilogy is viewed through the lens of myth and metaphor, revealing a body of work not only worthy of scholarly study but perhaps destined to find therein its home. A wide variety of philosophical and mythological themes are presented and expounded upon, drawing from a rich source of scholars, thinkers, writers, and poets from East and West alike. Heretical or not, the Star Wars prequels are a surprisingly rich source of insight into the saga--as well as the human drama--as a whole.

I thought Revenge Of The Sith was very good anyway. Not far from the quality of OT anyway.

I think both trilogies suffer from the same problem, in reverse. The OT has a very strong start, but it felt like Lucas held a lot back from the conclusion. There wasn't much to it aside from having Luke go up against Darth Vader. In the case of the PT, the first two films have some excellent ideas and themes, but they feel disjointed between the two films. ROTS feels like what the prequels wanted to be on the whole.

Yoda telling Anakin to "let go of everything you fear to lose" really bothered me, once I realized what he meant by it. Detaching yourself from emotional pain through denial leads to all sorts of problems, which is why I wish that scene from the Episode III novel was included in the film.

Another thing that's odd is Obi-Wan's response to Anakin paraphrasing Christ with "only a Sith deals in absolutes". That line doesn't work for the story, because the Jedi are absolutely determined to destroy the Sith.

The line doesn't make sense because it's an oxymoron and contradictory. Saying only the Sith deal in absolutes is an absolute in of itself.

The line doesn't make sense because it's an oxymoron and contradictory. Saying only the Sith deal in absolutes is an absolute in of itself.
Exactly; its like telling someone "I can't speak a word in English", or claiming your parents had no kids that lived. That's the definition of a self-defeating statement.

Yeah,I've always found that line an oddity.
If anything, it shows that the Jedi had become almost as corrupt as the Sith, especially older members like Obi-Wan and Mace. Yoda reflects on this in the "Episode III" novel by Matthew Stover, lamenting so many things would've been different if he'd taken a different approach.

Fan editing can save TPM and ROTS. I've seen numerous versions that improve on the official product.

AOTC? Eeeh. . .

Hmm.. I was never a hater of the prequels until EIII.
Let's see, I really liked the first one, specifically because of Natalie Portman & I think my favorite scene was the festival at the end. I love the music in that scene, plus they're celebrating coexistence between two different races. It's a great ending :)

How old are you... 10? :whatever:

I really like episode 3, I'm watching it right now and even with its flaws its still a really fun movie that still brings the emotions no matter how many times I seen it

I think its a shame its unappricated by many

I always did/do and may always appreciate the prequel trilogies,Yeah they have flaws and they aren't near as great as the originals But I always enjoy them quite a lot including yes TPM.

I love having the whole saga Blu-Ray collection!

^ I've never understood this mentality of 'the OT is better' regardless of whether it's being put forth by a PT supporter or a PT hater. Any flaws that are present in the PT are also present in the OT because of the nature of the franchise and Lucas' storytelling formula for it, and that's the cold, hard reality of the situation even if people want to believe otherwise.

I wish we could have seen Siri Tachi in one of the prequel trilogy film, or the clone wars cartoon, she is awesome.

I wish we could have seen Siri Tachi in one of the prequel trilogy film, or the clone wars cartoon, she is awesome.

I think she died very early in the war but it would of been neat to see her considering the importance of the character to Obi-Wan.

Yeah, i like Siri. I always wished she would have been included in the films. I also wish we would have gotten a lot more than a very tiny cameo and a mention of Quinlan Vos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"