• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Raddist Awesomely Awesomest Pictures Picture Thread Of All, Like, Time, Maaaan! - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
that thanos is lame, but the others, while they don't necessarily make improvements, are still interesting.

You really think that the Galactus image isn't an improvement on this?

galactus.gif

No doubt original, but I still think this particular Kirby villain is outdated

I like to think I'm pretty well versed on Spider-Man lore and I have never heard of The Fly.

So the Fly just hasn't been around in a few decades or something?

Guess so, but I've seen him in the 60's cartoon show. I think he was dressed in all black with red lenses for eyes, and at the end he was actually two people, but I'm too tired to check it out right now.

Bit of an overstatement there, like, the 'nerd' already said 'I love you', in the actual letter right? So, why have the redundant headline underneath saying 'with love'? Surely, it should say, 'from a nerd *in* love', unless, that would be dishonest, as he isn't really in love, so I guess that poster makes sense if that is the truth of the matter.

Galactus redesigned; The best recreation that I have seen of this character. The hole in his chest is where he 'eats' the planets

galactuslrg.jpg
You really think that the Galactus image isn't an improvement on this?

galactus.gif

No doubt original, but I still think this particular Kirby villain is outdated

Better? No. If you look at the other revamps from that artist, you see something carried over from the original character design.

There is nothing in that Galactus revamp that carries over. Even the 'horns' are off. It looks like something from Tron, that was labeled 'Galactus'. Heck, even the color scheme isn't the same.

The others are nice revamps though. The Fly is particularly good.

Last edited:
Looks like one of them things from Zone of Enders. :o

The redesign on Galactus is lame. I agree he looks like some character brought out of Tron. :down

Valid points on the revamped Galactus, but you don't honestly think the Kirby design doesn't looks silly in this day and age?

Edit: Also, I think what the artist was going for was what look could go with Galactus' story and abilites, not the way he was originally drawn in the first place.

I'm with most of these guys. I'm fairly open-minded when it comes to artistic expression. But that Galactus is the exact opposite of awesome.

Valid points on the revamped Galactus, but you don't honestly think the Kirby design doesn't looks silly in this day and age?

I honestly think that the silliest thing about this day and age is the obsession with fixing things that ain't broken. The classic design for so many characters have been done extremely well in modern times.

Revamped Galactus looks like one of the new Pokemon.

I think while most of those other redesigns work is because they look and feel like a step up from what came before. The Galactus redesign however doesn't feel like it acknowledges the previous designs. Personally I think it's due to a lack of the purple parts and the odd looking "horns", though I do think the chest piece is a nice idea.

Cover for Demon Knight's #5. Art by Mike Choi
DEMONK_Cv5_sjhfjasid76f89as7dfasidf6876sd98f8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz