• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Raid

The fighting sequences in this movie are absolutely stunning, and great. One of the best actions films Ive seen in ages, Got to see this at SXSW!

currently sitting at 96%....this is what I am seeing this friday

Yeah, I'll be skipping the huge Hunger Games crowds and seeing this instead for the first week.

Probably gonna see this tonite in Hollywood

Avoiding the Hunger Games crowd? :p

I was in Burbank yesterday to see a 21 Jump Street...at 2pm their was a huge line for the midnight showing of Hunger Games.

I saw the trailers and there wasn't anything that got me interested in the film.

Yeah, The Raid is gonna kick some arse, though I wouldn't mind seeing it with the original soundtrack/score. I don't see why they would change it for the US crowd when it's rare to do stuff like that with Asian films.

I showed my room mates some of the clips from the movie off Youtube and they were all like "we have to see this movie"

The movie is out this weekend in select cities, so if you're lucky enough to have it playing in your city, you should definitely check it out. I don't know if there are enough words to describe just wow awesome this movie is. It is easily one of the best martial arts action films of the last ten years.

I'm hoping i can see this before it leaves the theater north of Chicago.

Limited release in Australia. Playing at my local. *Dances jig*.

Keep your characters with idiotic names like Katnip and PETA, and your bland 4 quadrant films. Tonight only 1 quadrant. A bunch of drunken idiots watch some John Woo quality mayhem.

It's an Asian action movie in the style of John Woo. They'll be nothing standard about it. I fully expect this to be the Hard Boiled or The Killer of the 21st Century. I MUST see it!

As a fan of martial art films since I was five and a practitioner of Pekiti Tirsia Kali/Sayoc Kali (cousin to Silat), I'd be an idiot not to check this movie out.

This film was lots of fun (even if the action scenes dragged on a bit). There was nothing much to it besides that but it still was great to watch.

Last edited:
Yeah this was about as shallow as a movie can get but the action is pretty great and its worth the price of admission.

Ok it wasn't too deep, or too complicated, but at the very least I really cared about the main characters.

I didn't even care about the main characters :p. I felt like the movie was trying too hard to make the audience care about them. It also felt like the movie was trying to be more than what it was.

Besides that, great action :).

I'm not really into Martial Arts movies enough to check it out right now. I'll probably eventually watch it when it comes out on DVD though.

Have you ever seen Hard Boiled or The Killer? Any fan of action movies should watch them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"