• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Raid

Can someone who has seen it tell me if there are scenes like this. Or is it all choppily edited? Because if so that would dampen my anticipation.

It's all in that John Woo Hong Kong style, long drawn out cuts, some strobe light efffects during one gunfight. There is shaky cam, but you probably saw all of it in one of the trailers.

Is this movie subtitled?

Can someone who has seen it tell me if there are scenes like this. Or is it all choppily edited? Because if so that would dampen my anticipation.

There's some shakiness during the shootouts but all the mano y mano fights were shot handheld style and have very clear geography. My personal favorite is when our main character reaches the 7th floor and must defend himself with a knife in one hand and nightstick in another. Everything involving the indonessian Al Leong (Mad Dog) is also a highlight :woot:

I saw a commercial last night that said it was gonna get a wide release april 13th

I'll try to see it next week if it comes to my theater, been wanting to see this since I heard of it.

I saw this last night. All I can say is...

F*** YEAH THIS MOVIE KICKED SO MUCH F***ING ASS!!! THE F*** WITH EVERY SINGLE OTHER MOVIE THAT COMES OUT THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL CANDYASS PIECES OF SH** COMPARED TO THE F***ING RAID!!!

Okay, that's an exaggeration. But my God was this movie awesome. The fight choreography trumps ANYTHING I have ever seen before, and the cinematography, the direction, the acting, the story... it's all stellar. The plot is fairly simply, but there are enough twists and shocker moments that it keeps it from being predictable. It's a shame this movie didn't get a wide release in the U.S. (though I'm sure it's watered down American remake, called "The Bust" or whatever, will).

15 out of 10

I saw this last night. All I can say is...

F*** YEAH THIS MOVIE KICKED SO MUCH F***ING ASS!!! THE F*** WITH EVERY SINGLE OTHER MOVIE THAT COMES OUT THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL CANDYASS PIECES OF SH** COMPARED TO THE F***ING RAID!!!

Okay, that's an exaggeration. But my God was this movie awesome. The fight choreography trumps ANYTHING I have ever seen before, and the cinematography, the direction, the acting, the story... it's all stellar. The plot is fairly simply, but there are enough twists and shocker moments that it keeps it from being predictable. It's a shame this movie didn't get a wide release in the U.S. (though I'm sure it's watered down American remake, called "The Bust" or whatever, will).

15 out of 10

its getting a wide release april 13th

Oh it is? That's good. It's definitely a movie that's fun to watch with an audience too. The crowd reactions were awesome.

Just saw this today and I have to say this movie was 100 times awesome than I thought

It really is fantastic. I also recommend downloading the soundtrack. It's awesome music to listen to when you're working out.

Finally got a chance to see this movie and have to say it was pretty awesome. Some of the plot turns in the 2nd half of the movie didn't completely work for me but its only a minor gripe.

Favorite sequence was everything involving Rama trying to axe through the floor with all the s**t happening around him.

I saw this Friday really early god I enjoyed it so badass 10 out 10.

I just wished my screening had more people for the reactions.

Mine was really empty only like 10 people and my friend caught it later and he said the same thing only a few people. This actually the first movie I have ever saw by my self.

I wish I wish this movie would come to our cinema as well :( Have to wait a year or so probably for the blur-ray release

So, I saw this last night, and...

This.

Film.

Was.

In.

Sane.

:wow::wow::wow:

Seriously, out of all the action movies that I've seen thus far, this is probably one of the best. The fights were very well choreographed and filmed. Even when there wasn't fighting, the sequences where they are hiding from the bad guys and trying to avoid them are very intense and engaging ([BLACKOUT]Rama and another SWAT member hiding in the wall of the couple's apartment room, the head SWAT guy and his buddies hiding from the machete-wielding maniacs, etc.[/BLACKOUT]). I was completely on the edge of my seat during those moments.

I can't really name a favorite action sequence because, frankly, I loved every single one of them. I would have a very hard time choosing and can't really be bothered to do that right now. :funny:

I really liked the Mike Shinoda's music, too. It really did help set the tone and mood for all the scenes in the film. The ending track is awesome, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTEIsrBJJRM
[YT]nTEIsrBJJRM[/YT]

Current or up-and-coming action directors who need to learn how to film great action sequences the right way definitely need to take notes from this film.

9/10

Last edited:
My favorite scene was definitely the entire sequence [BLACKOUT]involving them being ambushed in the dark all the way up to the fridge explosion[/BLACKOUT] because it had everything gunplay, hand to hand, Rama taking the initiative etc. I really didn't know what was gonna happen next. I mean at that point these guys were just trying to survive.

Man I just saw this film last night. My friend told me about it I had no idea about anything about it. It blew me away, the best action film i have seen in years.

I know they're making a hollywood remake but i can't see how it doesn't come away watered down. The action violence in this flick would make Tarantino blush. This film should be getting more attention in north america.

The movie was made for a million bucks. It's made over 2 million in North America now, with less than 1,000 screens playing it. I think it's made good for its budget. And director Gareth Evans is writing the sequel right now.

It's interesting though. To think an American remake would make millions and millions of dollars just because it'd be in English. Distraught, this makes me lol.

Can you guys imagine if Team Raid were involved in making the new Mortal Kombat? DAMN. And Iko Uwais would be perfect as Liu Kang, Joe Taslim could be Kung Lau, and Mad Dog could play Shang Tsung haha.

That's very impressive if this film was indeed made for only a million. It's production values look well beyond that. I suppose 1 million goes further in indonesia though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"